(dangerous much?!? shock)

Has destroyed:
-multiple carpets
-any stuffed animal within 5 seconds
-Shoes
-Felting projects
-Sewing projects

A.J.:
-He had this really bad habit of getting into any and all garbages. Including ones in the restroom.
red face
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Winniegold, Dec 31 5:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Is my puppy too aggressive or is this fairly "normal."
Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Wed Dec 31, '08 4:59pm PST 
It's weird she gets very upset over blankets. If I sit down next to her with a blanket she just wants to get away from me. If SHE has a blanket she won't give it up and gets very aggressive over it. What could be causing this and how do I deal with it?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Winniegold, Dec 31 4:59 pm

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 8:25pm PST 
Please any help or advice is very much appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Winniegold, Dec 31 4:59 pm

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 7:06pm PST 
My puppy has a tendency to show acts of aggression and I was wondering if she was very aggressive or what you would normally expect in a dog that has aggressive tendencies. She growls ferociously over a bone or objects that she wants to guard and I have tried NIFL and have read "Mine!" but neither of these have seen marked improvement and its getting to the point that I'm almost afraid to come near her when she has a bone. I now just never give her a bone but my mom is a pushover and thinks I being cruel because I won't give a dog a bone. She gives Winnie one when I'm not looking and if you go near her she gets crazy. She'll also snap at you if you lean over to pet her or pet her butt. I've tried making this a positive experience for her but so far no results. Just a few minutes ago I was petting her for a command (flipping over on her back) when she started to show me her teeth. I looked away and got up to leave the room when she lunged at me repeatedly while snapping in the air and growling. I've seen her act aggressive but never to such an extent. We're getting her fixed next week but I don't know how much that would help, if any. What can I do to fix this behavior and how should I act in these situations? I've worked with some behaviorists but not in the home so they don't get to witness her real behavior. Actually I did have one come to the home but she just told me to let myself be bitten to show I wasn't afraid and shove Winnie around. Not going to happen! Any help would be much appreciated as I'm at my wits end! cry
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Winniegold, Dec 31 4:59 pm

Dog Health > Puppy vomits almost every day?

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 3:13pm PST 
Also Winnie poops at least 4 times a day. Is this normal? My other dogs never pooped so much! red face
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Victor, Dec 28 4:21 pm

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 2:53pm PST 
Over the past 3 weeks and both of them have been. If I decide to switch to a different food what would you recommend?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Victor, Dec 28 4:21 pm

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 10:55am PST 
No this is about the third or so. Winnie's been on it ever since we got her and A.J.'s been on it for about 5 months.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Victor, Dec 28 4:21 pm

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 1:40pm PST 
As most corgis go, Winne loves to eat. I hand feed her so she's forced to eat slow and only a few kibbles at a time. Lately she's been puking up on a consistent basis. My sheltie normally never vomits but now he too vomits every now and again. Is it that they get too stressed after they eat when playing with each other? Or could it be the food? I'm feeding them on Canidae ALS. Is this a food, stress, or possibly health problem?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Victor, Dec 28 4:21 pm

Behavior & Training > Anyone dealt with resource guarding?

Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 3:43pm PST 
I'm glad everyone on here agrees that pulling and shouting won't fix the problem. She made me feel like a complete idiot for trading with Winnie for a higher reward. She said all that new "clicker training stuff" was bogus and I should listen to her because well "didn't you see all my titles on my internet site?"
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - Now at the Rainbow Br, Nov 15 3:41 am

Behavior & Training > Anyone dealt with resource guarding?
Winniegold

MissChievous

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 8:09am PST 
So we hired a personal trainer like some have suggested here and she is making it worse. She is all about correction based methods and wants us to pull Winnie away from the bone but I feel this is fostering to much aggression. I agree with Taz that there needs to be a mixture of correction and reward but just rewarding isn't working either. The personal trainer said I was rewarding her for resource guarding when I traded her for a treat. I really don't know what to do and would like a trainer who can use both methods as I can't do this by myself and have been bitten trying to correct her and while rewarding her she suddenly snaps and bites even if I'm not holding the bone. My dad wants to continue with the correction based trainer but I can see that this will not help and puts me at risk for getting hurt. I need to save up for college but I'm willing to help my pup first by hiring a behaviorist... does anyone think a behaviorist at a rescue league would be better than show dog trainer?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Merlin - Now at the Rainbow Br, Nov 15 3:41 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.