Postings by Mittens

GO!

Bull Terrier > My First Bull Terrier

Mittens

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 10:14am PST 
Only four days until the new baby arrives. I have the crate, the food, the playpen, some toys and lots and lots of love waiting!!!
I am not sure how bug she will be at first, but I also have some doggie shirts and dresses!!! (left over from my other puppies) We even had a visit from our trainer last night and received instructions on introducing the baby into the pack and how to intergrate her.

I am super excited now!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mittens, Jun 16 10:14 am

Bull Terrier > My First Bull Terrier
Mittens

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 5:29am PST 
I am getting my first Bull Terrier on June 20th. Any words of wisdom? I am an experienced French Bulldog person so I am well aware of Bullies attitude. WHat is the one must have thing when I bring her home?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mittens, Jun 16 10:14 am

French Bulldog > Frenchies and dog aggresion

Mittens

Barked: Thu Mar 12, '09 11:56am PST 
I have three Frenchies a choc Lab and a Basset hound. My Frenchies all get along great with each other. The dogs from rescue sights were probably not trained properly or were abused and that is why they are surrendered. I love my Frenchies and could never be without many!!!!

GO FRENCHIES!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by The Urban Hounds (Formerly the, Sep 9 2:33 pm

French Bulldog > New Frenchie- What to buy...

Mittens

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 7:44am PST 
Toys, Toys and did I mention toys!!! My frienchies love the fleece braided rope toys, plain hard sterilized bones. Stay away from Marrow becuase sensative tummies can not tolerate it very well. Make sure you have a bag of dog food your puppy is currently eating. Some sort of collar and lead. Lots of floor cleaner for the accidents. Frenchies can sometimes be difficult to house train. A crate or playpen to confine puppy. Stuffies, stuffies and stuffies!!!! My girls prefer the ones on the smaller side.

I am sure there is more but at the moment I am lost for words!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Stella White, Nov 17 11:11 am

French Bulldog > Do Frenchies 'slobber' a lot?

Mittens

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '08 6:04am PST 
No we do not drool at all!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 9:40 am

French Bulldog > Dog walker or daycare?
Mittens

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 6:40am PST 
I agree with you Chauncey too. If you can walk them in the morning and at night that is good. You did do the dog walker when the pup was younger. It is hard for any pup to stay in a crate for 10 plus hours every day.

Frenchies are however, people dogs. They like the company of people so you must be committed to spending your evenings with your dog. It is hard when you are a working family becuase you have other commitments as well but it is definately worth the hard work.

I love my Frenchies!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mittens, Aug 4 6:40 am

French Bulldog > My puppy flattens like a pancake!!!

Mittens

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 6:34am PST 
Hold a tasty treat in front of his nose and treat him when he gets up. Take a step and if he follows, treat again. do this a few times and use lots of praise aand he should get up again. I have a stubborn puppy also. She just sits and looks at me. Sometimes I just pick her up and carry her to the sidewalk and then she will start walking. Mine do not like wet grass so they stay put when the ground is wet.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Clementine ♥, Aug 16 3:37 pm

French Bulldog > Dog walker or daycare?

Mittens

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '08 6:08am PST 
The potty issue is not going to be a big issue its the fact of being home alone that is the bigger issue. Frenchies are social creatures and some do not do well being left alone. Doggie day care or a pet walker would work. If you get a frenchie be prepared to dedicate your time to the dog in the evenings.

Also please read up on the health issues. My girls came from Oklahoma and in the first month we spent hundreds on vet bills and that is cheap. Look to a well established breeder or rescue from FBRN becuase it is way better to spend more money up front on a genetically healthy dog than to shell out thousands in vet bills.

My breeder has some older puppies and some adult dogs for sale. Mittens brother is available.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mittens, Aug 4 6:40 am

Dog Health > Having animals in the house

Mittens

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 5:38am PST 
Wow I had no idea some of my fellow conrads lived anywhere else? In my house, we are part of the family which includes snuggle time in mommies bed and even on the pillow!!!

I guess my mommy just loves me!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Peddles, Jun 19 4:07 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.