|Barked: Wed Jun 25, '08 5:36am PST |
|Eh, Looks like you've gotten plenty of help. But might as well! Let me tell ya, us schnauzers are mar-vel-ous.
1. Walks are awesome. I never skip my daily one. I stay inside mostly, though, simply because I can get so dirty so easily! I'd go with the walk-a-day choice. Though, a jog would be good too, considering how active we are!
2. Or gorgeous coat needs to be brushed EVERY day. While the top half of most of us are shaved, our belly and chest can become a nightmarish sight if not brushed often enough. Don't forget my beard. It can become matted, too! As far as haircuts go, like, a trip to the groomers, I would go every 6-8 weeks, just to maintain a healthy coat. Don't forget to clip off dead ends! It prevents out lovely hair to grow.
3. Love-hate relationship, as far as cats go. I am pro-Kyoko, the little black shelter cat that lives with us, but schnauzers like to chase chase chase! I chase EVERYTHING-it doesn't even have to be smaller than me. I have a thing for squirrels, though.
4. YES! Any dog can, if socialized early enough. Just bring the (not annoying) dogs, and let the party begin!
5. Hyper? I wouldn't go as far to say "hyper". We're active! We're (mostly, hehe) pretty mellow in the home if given enough time to expel our energy elsewhere. But like any dogs, let us get bored, and watch you garbage bin DIE.
6. Schnauzers are pretty tolerant. I, personally, am not too found of those overly hyper doggies out there. Notice how I said "not annoying dogs" for a party. I met another toy-sized schnauzer pup in Petsmart the other day, and she was great for a little while, but Mummy could tell I was doing the best I could not to growl at her. She kept jumping on me...!
7. Anywhere, we're pretty small, and with proper amounts of exercise we could do really well in an apartment.
8. ONE person? Are you crazy? How could I SURVIVE with ONLY the attention of ONE person? No, no, no. I need my crew! And those people with treats I don't know! Nope, people lovers.
9. Temperament? Everything you've ever dreamed of. We're plucky, we're loving, we're active, we're watchdogs, but, um...not for little kids. ("little" to me, is under 7). ....We'll get scared and defend ourselves against the prodding fingers, too..
Hope I was able to assist ya!
|my posts | my page | msg me | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|