Postings by Joey Diego - CGC, Therapy Dog

GO!

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Laws & Legislation > The PitBull Discussion
Joey Diego - CGC, Therapy- Dog

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 2:34pm PST 
I think that BSL is not right and a waste of time because that is not going to solve any problems. Owner education is more important.

I love pitties and totally want to own one in the future, but I would also be lying if I said that pitties at the dog park didn't make me a little nervous. Sometimes they make me a little nervous in dog parks because they can be really rough and not do well with multiple dogs. That being said, you can tell almost immidately which ones these are and I have seen some wonderful, very well socialized pitties at the park as well. Besides my slight reservation with pitties and other dogs, I have never once been put off by one acting mean or aggressive with people. They are usually some of the most friendly dogs I have ever met!
[notify]
» There has since been 60 posts. Last posting by Mika, Feb 13 8:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Any other dogs scared of storms

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 4:53pm PST 
buy a thundershirt. I used one for my dogs when we lived in Florida...it is awesome
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, Sep 30 4:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Help.. My dog attacks unneutered male dogs.

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 4:10pm PST 
My dog does not like unaltered males either, and I have yet to find a solution where he doesn't react at all. He does not attack though. He follows them around and tries to dominate, which then causes the other dog to get defensive and a fight ensues.

I have gotten him to ignore most dogs by desensitization. If we see a unaltered dog I put him on a leash and tell him to leave it and walk to the opposite end. If he still tries to approach the dog we leave. I have to be responisble for him and the best thing to do is to usually leave the area.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, May 29 11:30 am

Dog Health > Can't do this anymore (heartworm prevention)

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 11:48am PST 
How long are you waiting to give the trifexis after a meal? I found that if you wait 30 min then not let them exercise for about an hour the pill will stay down. My vet says if they don't vomit within the first hour, then the meds will work. Jope that helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, Sep 19 2:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Adding wet food to dry kibble

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 6:48pm PST 
Is this helpful at all? My dogs don't like when I water down their food so I thought adding wet may help. Joey already drinks enough water but I don't think Layla does. If I do add it how much should be wet food to dry food? They eat between 3/4 and 1 cup twice a day.

Are there any concerns with feeing wet food?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Sep 7 6:31 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Multiples of same breed or variety?

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 7:35am PST 
This is interesting, because I think it is all personal preference. I have never owned the same breed or breed mix, but I do go for dogs that all look similar or are in the same class. For example, Melanie and Joey are both herding breed mixes. Joey and Layla are not the same breeds at all but they looks like they are related so they make good playmates for each other and have similar temperaments.

I think that if you love Goldens and they meet all your needs then get another one! I personally like variety, but then again that is why I also have these muttly dogs from the pound and ya never are quite sure what they are laugh out loud I will own a Greyhound one day though...I feel like I just need one, and who knows maybe I will get one and that is all I will want from there on out. So do what is best for you and your family.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sophie, Dec 6 11:23 pm

Dog Health > "Your dog is SO thin!"

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 7:18am PST 
I get this a lot with my dogs, especially Layla. since Layla is a whippet mix she is really tiny but you can't see her spine or hips.

The best is when my mom says it, which is pretty much every time she shes Layla. I keep telling my mom not to worry and that she is at a healthy weight and she is just used to seeing fat dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 52 posts. Last posting by Handsome Goes Vertical CGC, RN, Dec 19 12:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > HELP! Rescue Greyhound Needing Fattening up!!!

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 1:27pm PST 
I agree with Bruno, I have been around rescued greyhounds a lot in the last two years and it is not abnormal to see their spine, hip bones and ribs. If you are worried I would see if you can contact a greyhound rescue or a vet that is familiar with the breed and ask if that is normal.

I even know someone who had animal control called on her because a concerned citizen thought her dog was under weight. Her greyhound was super skinny but it was not being underfed.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 7:24 am

Behavior & Training > So, what's going on here.

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 2:49pm PST 
wow..how interesting.

I have never heard that a dog won't push another dog into submission. But this dog certainly looks like that is what she is doing.

The other dog just kind of takes it though.

My old dog used to pin dogs down if they tried to hump her, in a way she was forcing dogs to submit by sitting on them.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 1 11:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Evanger's Pheasant food kibble size!!

Where did mom- go?

Barked: Tue Oct 11, '11 5:08am PST 
Thanks for the responses. It seems to be the same food as far as ingredients go. I personally like the bigger size. I have not called them yet, but I am going to try today or tomorrow.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Joey Diego - CGC, Therapy Dog, Oct 11 5:08 am

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.