Postings by Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012*

GO!

(Page 1 of 119: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > ACLtear, surgery and major concern of re-injury
Shandi *Oct- 2006 - Aug 2012*

Goofball

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 3:52pm PST 
Shandi had TPLO surgery and she was as good as new after. The toughest part was keeping her quiet for weeks after the surgery. Im sure everything will be fine smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kado, Oct 26 10:06 am

Dog Health > Urinary incontinence in 7 month old.. Help

Goofball

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 5:48pm PST 
When we first got Shandi she would urinate while she was laying or sleeping. Like she couldnt control it. It ended up being a hormone inbalance. She went on pills for about 2 months and that fixed it. We had maybe one incident after she stopped the pills but that was it.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Moxie, Sep 16 12:16 pm

Dog Health > Parvo advice sought

Goofball

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 4:46pm PST 
Keep in mind puppies can take a week or more to recover from parvo so you cant expect after 3 days the puppy to be happy and running around like normal. Yes these things take time and also money but getting a dog you should be aware that there are sometimes unexpected medical costs involved. Last year my beloved Shandi unexpectantly injured herself and the surgery cost almost $2000. My dear Shandi passed away a few days ago and the cremation is costing us close to $400. But they're your pets and you love them and you find a way to come up with the money. Try and arrange a payment plan with your vet. Also like others suggested contact the "breeder." They should be willing to cover at least some of the vet costs considering they sold you a sick puppy which btw is exactly why your shouldnt buy from BYB even if they are your friend.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Boots, Aug 25 8:43 am

Behavior & Training > What Breeds are you Afraid of?

Goofball

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:31am PST 
The only breed Im afraid of are German Shepherds. I've been bitten by them before. I dont know I just find them very hard to read dogs. They're not really overly friendly and I find it hard to tell if they're friendly or not. Im very wary of them.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 7:07 pm

Dog Health > Torn ACLs

Goofball

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:24am PST 
In October last year Shandi completely snapped her cruciate ligament. She had TPLO surgery and it worked really well for her. We opted for the surgery because of the severity of the injury but if it wasnt as severe as it was we probably wouldnt have done surgery. Theres many other options other than surgery. Try glucosamine which really helps with joints and have a chat with your vet about options.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chance, Aug 20 12:37 am

Dog Health > Flea meds off ebay

Goofball

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:21am PST 
Yeah I wouldnt be buying any type of medication off ebay. You can buy flea preventions from vets for a fairly decent price.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Aug 24 4:16 pm

Dog Health > Discolouration and crusting around nose?

Goofball

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 3:48pm PST 
So Shandi has been acting a little strange lately although she seems to be a little more perky since yesterday. About 2 days ago I noticed Shandi has some discolouration on her snout. It's right under her nose. You can kind of see it in this photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tropicpaws/7162240137/

Well this morning I went outside to say good morning and I noticed alot more discolouration and all on top of her nose is crusty and flaking. I dont know if it could just be from the cold weather. Im not so sure what could be causing it or if it's linked to her acting so down lately. I do have an appointment at the vet in 3 days. Because of our long weekend thats the earliest we could get.

Any advice would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Talker, Jun 8 10:15 pm

Dog Health > Human pain meds safe for dogs?

Goofball

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 4:01am PST 
Its not to cover her symptoms. Its to make her feel comfortable until we can get her to the vet. I think ill call the vet tomorrow to check exactly what i can give her.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jun 7 7:30 pm

Dog Health > Human pain meds safe for dogs?

Goofball

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 1:48am PST 
So the dogs escaped 4 days ago and were missing overnight. Thankfully they came home in the morning but ever since Shandi has not been her usual self. She has no energy and just lays around. Ive also noticed she's having a hard time getting up and laying down. She's been limping worse than usual since she came home too. She just seems sad and rather depressed. Just not the Shandi I know.

Back in October Shandi has TPLO surgery on her rear left leg. We suspect maybe she did something to her leg again when she was missing. She's still not supposed to be running and Im guessing they probably did alot of that while they were gone. We called the vet but they're booked up tomorrow and then it's a long weekend so we cant get an appointment for another 4 days.

We thought if she did injure her leg she's probably in a fair bit of pain so what human pain relief is safe for dogs? My mother wants to give her paracetamol but I dont think thats very good for dogs but I'm not too sure. The only one Ive heard to give dogs is benedryl. Im also guessing ibuprofin is a no no as well.

Any information would be great. Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jun 7 7:30 pm

Behavior & Training > some people should NEVER own dogs

Goofball

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 2:55am PST 
When we first adopted Shandi she was clever and learnt how to open our side gate. We'd only had her a couple weeks and I come home and she's just hanging around in the front yard. No road sense at all but I was amazed she didnt run off. Our neighbour said she'd been out almost all day. Well now it's difficult to even keep her in the yard. Little escapee she is.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , May 30 2:37 pm

(Page 1 of 119: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.