Postings by Daisy

GO!

(Page 1 of 129: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Score! $5 shipping for foods! OMD!!!
Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 9:01am PST 
Hey all! Long time no see, I hope everone is doing great. Sorry law school is so busy, ive been missing in action for a while! I just was looking for toys on www.dog.com and I just noticed---to my shock!!!!---that they offer Innova, Nature's Variety, Wellness, Solid Gold, Canidae, and Eagle Pack holistic (they also sell some crap too), BUT---

Their shipping is $5!!!!!!!!! 5 dollars! For the WHOLE order! no extra weight fees, no minumim, no extra fees for heavy items! I was floored.

Their prices aren't bad either, I was looking at the 25 pound bag of Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken and it was $49.99, that plus $5 shipping is a decent deal near me at a store. So, for those who don't have stuff nearby, this may be a super deal. Just wanted to share the amazing deal!

smile
Woofs,
Daisy and the gang
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kuma, Aug 9 3:53 pm

Dog Health > For those who use Berry Balance--can I use cran pills instead?
Daisy

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 8:45pm PST 
How much cranberry pills do you guys use per weight/pound? I want to start using the cran as a prevenative measure! Thank yoU!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nate, Apr 11 3:22 pm

Daisy

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '09 8:02am PST 
oh! What is the dosage you all use for cran pills? SHe is like 8 pounds, so Ill have to adjust. Think it is ok if I open them and sprinkle it on her food? They are huge pills! BOL !!!! You guys are the best!cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Nate, Apr 11 3:22 pm

Daisy

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '09 7:59am PST 
Thank you everyone! It is unclear still if she has crystals as my husband has been having a rough time catching her urine and Im far away. She isnt presenting any problems, and the vet said the fact that her urine crystalized on hard wood floors (it could have been sitting there a while if she peed right after the pet sitter left), could just be from the hard wood and the time elapsed. So, we are unsure. I was thinking berry balance and/or cran pills just as a precaution....figured it couldnt hurt!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nate, Apr 11 3:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > Rotate or Mix?

Daisy

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 5:22pm PST 
Rotation is always preferable to mixing. Mixing just isnt a good idea. It is confusing, but think of it this way. Say you feed food A and B and want to mix them. Food A gives you 30% of vitamin A in a whole serviing. Food B gives you 40% of vitamin A in a whole serviing. By mixing you aren't getting a full serviing of either--and therefore not a whole serving of that vitamin--so you can be getting more of some and not enough of other vitamins/nutrients this way.

It is better to rotate, whether you do it daily, weekly, monthly, by the bag--whatever-- it is a much better idea. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Taser, Mar 27 12:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > wow did i get a bargain on merrick bg
Daisy

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 5:19pm PST 
it may not be a good seller b/c most "foodie people" realized that merrick foods are essentially chicken foods, with a little of the more expensive/exotic meats they claim they are in them. So, really for a chicken food, it is overpriced. Hence, people would rather buy a better priced chicken food!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Luke, Apr 10 8:27 am

Food & Nutrition > Which would you pick?

Daisy

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 5:16pm PST 
Natures Logic, NV, and SG are great!

i woudlnt feed Merrick if it was the last food on earth! So, I would vote no on that one--and besides, the 3 listed above are better foods qualitywise. Merricks foods are mostly chicken foods advertised as the more expensive meats--but really boil down to practically chicken foods anyways.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 9:15 am

Daisy

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 5:13pm PST 
hi all! I was going to start using Berry Balance for Butterball, but wasnt sure if I could just use Cranberry pills instead. I take them myself for UTI health, and if I could buy in bulk (half for me half for her) it would be great! Just wondering what you thought! Thank you guys!
way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Nate, Apr 11 3:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > Orijen gave my dog a death sentence!!!

Daisy

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '09 11:27am PST 
you have to remember, if your dog is sick, or somehow their health is compromised it changes things. Saying Orijen hurt your dog b/c your dog had shunts (b/c any high protein may have affected your dog) is like saying that your dog who is deathly allergic to chicken was hurt by a chicken food. However, for healthy dogs Orijen is an EXCELLENT food. Just like for most people peanuts are a healthy source of protein, but for people who are allergic it is deathly! It is unfair to post that a great food is bad b/c of a specific experience that is not specific to the food. ETA: I did want to add that I dont think any one wants to hurt or correct Vada--it is just that this is a public informational forum where people turn for info, and we feel the need to have the correct and specific info out there. Thats all.

that being said, it is very sad that you had a bad experience and we send our condolences. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Max, Mar 8 7:15 pm

Food & Nutrition > Veggie Diet
Daisy

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '09 11:24am PST 
dog cannot break down cellulose, which is in veggies and fruit. You need to steam the veggies to get nutrients out of it, and at least puree the fruit. Steaming for example, breaks down the cellulose, thus allowing the dog's digestive system to get the nutrients out of it.

We used green beans (and some other veggies as treats) to help Butterball lose weight. She had a significant amount to lose, and we just reduced her kibble portions and added the green beans (unsalted, or at least rinsed) to the kibble. We also added water to it, but that was mainly b/c she doesnt like to drink --although I bet it helped her feel even more full. Green beans are often recommended for weight loss and work great. They are low cal, and are filling. So, just reduce the kibble portion and add green beans. So far, all my fosters and my dogs have loved green beans. You can also try using carrots, peas, and other safe veggies. YOu may also want to cut out treats fora while. We did this, and used the green beans, other veggies, or even an apple or orange or banana slice as a treat instead. Just becareful you dont feed too much fruit, as it is high in sugar. We also sometimes used the frozen green beans, just thaw them and keep in a tupperware in fridge, and spoon it out for meals. Pumkin is also good, but it is also used to help with diahhrea/constipation (its like a natural pepto bismal) so just watch the quantity if you choose to use that as well.

And, it worked. Butterball lost all her weight, and is now at a healthy weight.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Byron, Feb 11 7:59 pm

(Page 1 of 129: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.