Postings by Willy Moo

GO!

(Page 1 of 125: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > cost effective high quality kibbles
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:31am PST 
i have heard good things about that food. i will have to check out the price at our petco.

thanks for the suggestion wave
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Jan 29 9:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > cost effective high quality kibbles
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:44am PST 
Hi everyone,
It’s been a long time since I have posted on dogster but I have a question regarding kibbles. We have two dogs. One is about 60 lbs and the other I think is somewhere around 50 lbs. currently we feed them normally Blue Buff Wilderness formula. I think sometimes we buy a different grain free version of Blue Buff that is relatively newish.
Im looking for a way to bring down our costs because we will be having a baby in early May and I will be quitting my job. Right now with both of us working full time we kind of spend our money freely on our army of pets (I also have 3 guinea pigs). I would like to keep them on a high quality kibble as I truly believe in the long run it is more cost effective with less vet visits due to crappy food. It doesn’t have to be grain free though I think I may need to monitor this as our hound mix sometimes has gross poops and I think the grain free helps with that, but otherwise they do not have allergies.
Blue Buff Wilderness I think is around $55-$60 for the big bag. Is there a good quality kibble that is cheaper?

thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Jan 29 9:22 pm

Dog Health > cinnamon

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 5:21am PST 
we have an ant explosion in our house all of a sudden.

someone recommended sprinkling cinnamon around because ants hate cinnamon.

we have 2 dogs, is cinnamon harmful to dogs at all?

thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jul 18 3:44 am

Food & Nutrition > making soft food out of grain free kibble

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 8:07am PST 
we kept the kibble in water in the fridge while it's soaking. is that ok for the bacteria issue? because the whole thing about not allowing him anything but soft food (ie no toys of any kind) in his mouth is to keep backteria out of his mouth.

this concerns me now
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Jun 4 5:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > making soft food out of grain free kibble

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 5:36am PST 
one of my dogs had an abscessed tooth removed yesterday so we need to feed him soft food for two weeks.
we were told kibble that has been moistened and is soft is fine.
we feed Blue Buff Wilderness grain free kibble.
it took SEVERAL HOURS before the kibble was even remotely soft.
we ended up feeding him canned food but we dont want to feed him *only* canned food because it's super expensive and he's not used to it and i dont want to upset his tummy. we were planning on doing a mix of canned with soft kibble

we ended up filling his bowl with his breakfast last night and putting water in it overnight to see if that would help and my husband said it still wasnt 100% mushy this morning.

is it because it's the grain free version?
any tips on making it mushier faster? hot water????
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Jun 4 5:44 pm

Behavior & Training > Did I handle this right?
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 1:02pm PST 
i think you handled it really well and i think what you described in your first paragraph is great!
i think your pup just needs to keep learning impulse control and you are getting there.

my concern like you said would have been safety. if it has been a less tolerant dog either your dog could have been bit or you as you went to grab her and put your arm in between them.

picking her up and taking her away is a good option since she was out of hte collar and im assuming you had already judged the other dog was not going to bite.

the only other thing is to teach recall but it sounds like at this point she is still way too excitable and that wouldnt have helped since at the present time the other dog is way more interesting than going back to you.

i think you handled an unexpected situation well given the circumstances. im not sure there is much else you could have done.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 23 10:04 am

Behavior & Training > Why does my dog sit on my head???

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 9:37am PST 
i have no clue why a dog would do this other than he's just plain ol GOOFY! blue dog
sounds like just a funny personality trait. i think its almost a sign of affection and he doesnt understand he's 100 lbs.
same thing with the "walling"
i think he wants to play and doesnt understand the force of being slammed into the wall by 100 lbs

sounds to me like you just have a very silly silly boy hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Murphy, May 3 11:46 am

Behavior & Training > Inside of a Dog

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 10:48am PST 
i bought this book awhile ago but have not read it yet. looks very interesting! way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lisa, May 2 1:30 pm

Behavior & Training > What is it with the tortoise, Sam?

Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 10:34am PST 
based on the fact that you have said he's tried to eat it a bunch of times im guessing you have already tried putting the tortoise on the floor and letting him get a good sniff and sort of "get over it" ???

i dont know anything about tortoises but if you put him down can he sort of protect himself in case the dog tries to attack him or flips him??

i have guinea pigs which is like prime prey and when we first got Willy their cage was on the floor with a top.
HE WAS OBSESSED WITH THEM.
i would get him to go in the room and not like try and attack the cage but he would sit there and STARE UNBLINKING AT THE CAGE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.
then if one of them made a quick movement he would just wig out whining and barking and dancing around jumping at the cage.

we tried bringing a kong stuffed with pb to distract him but the piggies were WAY MORE INTERESTING TO HIM.

eventually we built a table to elevate them so i didnt have to barricade the room. then i would only let him in when i was supervising. as soon as it was above snout level he was ok. a couple times he tried to jump up and i just told him no and off.
now he is pretty much desensitized to them. the only time i shut the door is when we leave.
i would never take them out and let them run around near him but with the cage up he is ok.

he also tried to eat one of them once. i brought home a baby one once and had her in quarantine in a different room and left for like an hour, he knocked down my barricade and destroyed the room. i thought he ate her but she was hiding under the bed in that room, smart little piggie. she escaped wtih just a scrape on her side.

our newer dog Marty never even needed to be desensitized. a couple times he wanted to stand up and sniff the cage and i made him get down but otherwise he was fine.

so i guess the question is how long have you had the bird and how long have you had te tortoise?

if you've had the bird a long time and not the tortoise maybe he just needs to get used to it.
Willy went from seriously freaked out by the pigs to really not caring so it is possible, it just takes awhile.

the only other things i can think of is hes never seen or smelled a tortoise before so its really interesting to him????
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Daisy Mae, Apr 13 8:24 am

Dog Health > busted barker
Willy Moo

Pimpin ain't- easy

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 10:21am PST 
over a month ago we boarded Willy at a kennel for a few days while we were away. whenever we board him he always comes home hoarse from barking the whole time. after a couple days rest he is usually fine.

now we have a second dog. our other dog is not interested in playing with Willy and Willy just barks at him to play. so it's now a month after boarding him and when he starts to bark like crazy at Marty to play he still has a hoarse bark and ends up squeaking.

is this even remotely normal?

he's honestly not much of a barker but a couple times a day when he thinks marty will play with him he just stands there and barks relentlessly as loud as he can.

with time will this get better>

he seems perfectly fine other than a squeaky/hoarse bark
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willy Moo, Apr 11 10:21 am

(Page 1 of 125: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.