GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dogster Railroad > Transport for dog in full pound, Ohio to MI
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 1:14pm PST 
Thanks for the bump. I was unable to get him because I was outside of state and he was put to sleep. :=( So sad, being put to sleep just because I live in a different state. I'll always remember my would-be Grayson.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 1:14 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade recipies?
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 9:11am PST 
Hi,

I've tried raw with my girl and she loved it. I tried everything they said to get her body adjusted to the change. The diarrhea goes away for a week or so then comes back. So, I think her stomach just doesn't like it. So, instead of switching back to kibble I'd like to try home cooked. Any one have any info or recipes?

Just an FYI I have successfully changed 6 other of my pets over to raw.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 12:45 pm

Dogster Railroad > Transport for dog in full pound, Ohio to MI

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 11:29am PST 
Looking for transport from West Union, OH (Adams county dog pound) to Clarkston, MI for the following dog:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28228307/

I have been told the pound is full and they will be euthanizing soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 26 1:14 pm

Behavior & Training > For those with more than 2 dogs

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 7:57am PST 
With my girls(Aurora, Tesla, and Daisy) we spend most of our time together because my pack is very pack orientated. But when I want alone time with a specific dog I may take that dog on a short walk or with me on a nice day, not to hot, not to cold, on a short errand. But this way most of my time spent is with all of them and they get even amount of time. But with a short walk or car ride I don't have to feel guilty about my other dogs not getting the attention they deserve. During the times of year I am super busy, like finals, having the pack mentality really helps out because if I'm not there to give attention they get it from each other!

Now Bailey, who is actually my brother's dog but I take care of her, is a completely different story she is going through rehabilitation(Finally found someone to help me!). She has a severe case of dog aggresion. I have to take her on separate walks unless someone can help me. We maintain a schedule of if I walked my girls last it's Bailey's turn to go next! I'm a very dedicated mommy so they all usually get walked once a day, especially considering all my dogs are athletes with tons of energy including my oldest at 12 years. Depending on the day sometimes they get runs, but if it's above 55 I know it's way to hot for my husky to run:=)

I think everyone's rotation and time is different, I just try to stay tuned to what they are telling me. Sometimes Bailey is ok with just lounging around the house well I go out back with the other dogs, maybe it's to cold that day or she's to tired. Hopes this helps!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 6:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Helping friends look to find dogs Alaskan Klee Kai and Newfoundland

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 2:05pm PST 
Hello,

I am trying to help some friends of mine look dogs that are looking into to becoming dog parents! I'm hoping to find shelter and/or rescue pups/dogs! I'll start with my first friend.

My first friend is looking for an Alaskan Klee Kai(Yes, I helped them do the research on these dogs first!) roughly 1-2 years old in the lower peninsula of Michigan, preferably house broken. Will be at least a month before she can get hers.

My other friend is looking for a Newfoundland(mix is ok as long as it still looks more newfie like and not a high-energy breed) and would prefer a puppy, and she didn't say it but I think she wants boy! Near Seattle, WA. I'm not sure exactly when she can get hers but I know before August is over.

So if you know of any shelters or dogs in these areas that might be a good fit for the description please let me know and I'll pass it along. :=)
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 12:54 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hearing Guide Dogs
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 10:33am PST 
I am looking for information on hearing guide dogs. I am doing a research paper for a class on it. Does anyone know where I could find information on hearing guide dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 3:29 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw food diet for dogs?

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 9:29pm PST 
I've been looking into raw food diet for my cats lately. I was wondering if anyone has any information on dog raw food diets? Is it better for the dogs than hard food? I've been feeding them Canidea, recently switched to Solid Gold mixed with Taste of the Wild. If that makes a difference.

Also, is it very practical costs wise? I have four dogs.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Just looking into it right now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 6 10:52 pm

Sports & Agility > Dog sledding questions

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Sat Dec 25, '10 4:54pm PST 
I was wondering how old is to old for dog sledding? I have a 7 year old siberian husky. I do not want to race, just something to do with my dog. Someone told me she was to old but I know some people who had ran their dogs until they were 10. Also, where's a good place to look for dog sledding harnesses(My parents want to get me one for Christmas)? Even if the older one is to old I have another dog I could run so either way I would need help getting a good dog sled harness. Thank you everyone for your help in advanced.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 3:23 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Watch this and try not to cry....

Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 10:06am PST 
Once I get through acting school I plan to go back for animal behavior and attempt to open a rescue for animals to be rescued from pounds. I would donate but I already donate to all sorts of local shelters. Three of my four are shelter puppies, I posted about Daisy who was going to be put down the day I got her and I wasn't even looking for a dog at the time really. :=)
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 11:10 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Happy Ending for Daisy!
Aurora- Borealis

Fluffy leader

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 8:45am PST 
I figured we always hear about all the dogs that are urgent and going to be put down. Rarely do we hear about the ones who actually get saved so I wanted to share my story for Daisy a 4 year old Beagle.

This last Easter I was volunteering for a animal shelter and I was talking with some of the other workers who were recently at the pound in that county. They found this one dog who was a great dog but had days left to live. I was going to try to add him into the pack but they wouldn't allow me to adopt him because I wasn't in the county. So, I found a rescue group for him. I kept on looking for dogs trying to find rescue groups for these sort of dogs that would take them in. Then I ran across Daisy, she had days left to live, I e-mailed Beagle rescues, no one seemed to have room for her. I E-mailed other rescues, no one had room for her. Daisy was withdrawn and suffering from shelter syndrome. I went to visit Daisy the day she was to be put down, she didn't come to anyone she sat in the corner afraid and shaking. At that point I knew she would fit right in with the rest of the pack. I adopted her that day and picked her up two days later(she had to be spayed).

Today Daisy is happy with two sister dogs, three cats to annoy, and a loving family(my family!). She runs right up to people with a loving lick and tale wagging, not curled under her. Daisy is held all night every night long and never moves. She just wants to be loved.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 11:12 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.