Postings by Mickey

GO!

Pekingese > hello

Mickey

Barked: Mon May 30, '11 11:17pm PST 
Hi my name is Mickey, not really new in dogster but have not come into the forum all this while. Now that I see there is so many friends here, I will sure to come here more often. woof woof....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mickey, May 30 11:17 pm

Raw Food Diet > Is my dog having difficulty digesting his food?
Mickey

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 11:24pm PST 
I gave him some laxative yesterday afternoon. He had diarrhea in the evening. After that he seems more active. He even played with his favourite toy for a while. But after he had his dinner, he is again lethargic. I am not sure if it is due to the bones in his barf diet that is causing all the discomfort in him. But his stomach does seems very tense and tight. Just wonder, if I were to give him meat and veg with supplements, will he be able to poo normally without any constipation problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Henry CGC, Sep 30 5:06 pm

Mickey

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 10:04am PST 
I have tried canned pumpkin. I started with 1 teaspoon then increased to 3 teaspoon.But it only soften the stool abit. His stomach is still tense. He is not even feeling relax when he is laying on the floor. He is also not sleeping well. I added 2 slices of pork liver into his food with some boneless meat this evening. His poo was soften but after he poo, he seems to be in pain. He panted heavily and also drooling like he just came back from a walk.

I am thinking of giving him some laxative (for pets) tomorrow morning. Hope I am doing the right thing instead of causing him more pain....keeping my fingers cross....
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Henry CGC, Sep 30 5:06 pm

Mickey

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 4:02am PST 
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. Actually I have done that this morning. I notice that his poo is lesser after I replaced the commercial barf diet with some raw mutton. But he really need to poo. Can see he feels terrible inside. I am really tempted to give him some laxative. Maybe that will help him feels better. His stomach is bloated and the discomfort keeps him a wake at nite.

He is currently taking probiotic once everyday.

This evening, I have also added abit of pork liver and some spinach inside his food. He poo awhile ago. But not much poo also and it is still hard. Hopefully, he will feel better soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Henry CGC, Sep 30 5:06 pm

Mickey

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '08 8:31pm PST 
My dog used to have a very sensitive stomach and often had diarrhea or no poo for a couples of days when he is on home cooked food. He could digest the kibble well and often had tummyache and vomitting problem despite we had soften the kibbles before feeding him. We even tried Prescriptive I/D and Z/D diet but none of it last for a month.
Recently, I started him on commercial barf diet. So far he has been eating it for about a ten days. In the beginning, his diarrhea problem stop. He likes his food and look forward to his meal time. But soon, his stool gets harder and he started to strain to poo. His poo is hard and when press, it is crumbles inside. He hasn't been active also. These few days, his appetite is bad. His stomach seems to be bloated and he yipped when I tried to comb his under belly coat (I didn't pull his fur). He has an xray and blood test taken yesterday. The gas in his stomach has reduced as compared to the last time he wasn't on barf. His blood test also show that he is normal and his kidney is fine. But why is his appetite reducing and still remain lethargic? Anyone knows the answer? Sorry for the long detail. Hope someone can give me an answer. Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Henry CGC, Sep 30 5:06 pm

Pekingese > where are all the peks?
Mickey

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '08 8:07pm PST 
Hello, I am a male pekingese. I am 2 years 6 months old. Anyone wants to be my friend? dog
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 11:38 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.