Postings by Rosie

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Training a dog to alert
Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 5:22am PST 
I taught my dog to alert for my attacks by giving her a biscuit every time I felt one coming on. After 8 months she is 80%+ accurate. I have them very often so it was possible to work her this way.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ollivander, Jan 13 6:10 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Template for ID card?
Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 5:26am PST 
Go to avery.com and download business card template for word. Then type it up as you like and print on a business card sheet
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Otto - Registered Service Dog, May 9 11:33 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > First Bike Tour with SD

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '08 9:41am PST 
I leave Friday on my first bike tour with my service dog. She is 7 lbs and rides in a handlebar bag. Hope it goes OK and I'm not grounded too many days with pain and nausea. We've biked a lot but no camping yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jenna, Apr 11 6:05 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Migraine Service Dogs

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '08 2:49pm PST 
Unfortunately my migraines are now affecting my circulation-numb fingers and arm and eyesight due to the bad blood vessels I guess.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Yuki, Mar 18 12:18 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Migraine Service Dogs

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '08 5:15am PST 
What does OP stand for in several of the posts?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Yuki, Mar 18 12:18 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't you hate having an invisible disability?
Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 6:17am PST 
I too have an invisible disability and often just tell people it is neurological. The vast majority of people are friendly and just curious. One comment on your video very nice but we were taught never to allow the SD on furniture so you walking your dog up and down those picnic tables is a big no no. People eat on those and dogs feet can be quite dirty. Just the perception from that will cause alarm in a lot of people. Nice dog though. I too go out and carry my dog on my bike, so everyone sees me as very fit. But I don't go anywhere when I'm having a bad attack and I bike because driving always brings one on. So it's not always fun biking at well below zero here in northern Michigan. Glad you can get out now, I am traveling again after 15 years of no vacations, all possible because of kmy service dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 12 5:33 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What all can you do with your CGC??

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 5:55am PST 
Many places will still require therapy dog certification, which involves another test as then you get liability insurance while working which is a huge issue most places now.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rosie, Mar 12 5:55 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > To lighten things up... Post pics of your pup in their "work wear"

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Fri Feb 29, '08 5:02am PST 
How do you get the picture to go in a post? Copy, paste doesn't work.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 7:44 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Travel to New Zealand & Australia

Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '08 10:08am PST 
Does anyone know the way to take my service dog on a trip to New Zealand & Australia? I mean the locak laws I know the airline flight is OK,thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Otto - Registered Service Dog, Feb 4 10:32 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Possible trip this summer
Rosie

Always happy

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 6:42am PST 
I heard on news yesterday the passport cards aren't available yet, but wait if you can. They said cards are out soon and are like a passport but wallet sized and about 1/2 the cost.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 2 10:47 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.