Postings by Queen Peaches of Pupingham

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Create-a-Link
Queen- Peaches of- Pupingham

I am honored

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '08 5:52am PST 
Thanks PJ and Webster....too cool....we appreciate all the hard work you all do for us..

Hugs
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by ~Emma~ RL1, Jan 5 7:19 pm

Grooming > How to teach your dog to LIKE being groomed: brushing, nail trimming, etc..

I am honored

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 6:17am PST 
HI...what great advice...

Sadie and I love being groomed...we also fight to see who gets to be vacuumed first..yes VACUUMED...we love it and push each other out of the way .. When I was little I wasn't too sure about it, then saw how much Sadie liked it...so thought oh well will give it a try..

We are also very good about getting our nails trimmed...Mom waits until we are relaxed and sits down and rubs us and then snip, snip...I'm better than Sadie cause I like to eat the trimming..bol..

One time mom was trimming Sadie's nails and she felt something on her back..it was ME...holding out my foot to have it trimmed and she had just done them...i was really looking for more to eatcheer

We get a bath once a month and sometimes I sneak into the shower with Mom...I love to bite at the water and shake off on her..but dang..she's already wet..

Sadie tolerates baths, but she likes to lean and Mom has to keep turning her around..hard job cause Sadies a porker and weighs over a 100lbshamster dance

Have a super day
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lexie, Jun 9 4:37 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Got a question about treats!!!

I am honored

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 6:00am PST 
Hi Emma,

How wonderful...hope your Mom does well with her site...

Mom buys both boxed and bag stuff...The boxed stuff is usually dog cookies/biscuits and the bagged stuff is vacuumed sealed chicken jerky or bags of Meaty bone snackies..

She really has no preference...she thinks if you are going to ship your snacks...the vacuum sealed stuff works great...

She occasionally makes venison jerky for my friends and sends it that way...I keeps very well since air can't get to it...and she recommends freezing the unused portions until ready to use..

Hope this helps a little..

Hugs
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Emma, Jun 3 6:47 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Deli Meat?

I am honored

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 5:56am PST 
Mom works in a deli too....and she has lots of people buy lunchmeat for their dogs..especially braunswager...mom calls it liver yucky

They also have a hot case with cooked foods like chicken and burgers and brats and all kinds of fried stuff...one person buys a chicken breast a day for their pug Annie...

Mom brings us stuff home once in awhile, but it's usually the grilled chicken or salisbury steak...or catfish that hasn't been fried..

Mom knows the contents of the more processed stuff isn't good for us, but we occassionally beg for and get ONE slice of genoa salami...mmmmm goood..

Mom and Dad also have one cow a year butchered for them and we get real liver cooked for us and that is much better than the deli stuff.

Be careful and check the ingredients before giving your pet lunchmeat....
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 10:16 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Home made chicken jerky

I am honored

Barked: Tue Apr 22, '08 7:41am PST 
Our Momma makes us jerky treats with chicken, beef, venison and LIVER...mmmmmmm

our dehydrator is small so Momma uses the oven....she bought some pans and racks specifically for making jerky...she stacks two racks.

Set the oven to 200 degrees...place strips on racks and put in oven..Leave door cracked a little for air circulation..Mom uses a wooden spoon to do this..

Start checking after about 45min...top rack will dry a little faster than bottom...but generally only takes about 2 hours for both racks..

Place still warm jerky in ziplock bag, then put in refrigerator or freezer for large amounts...

She uses jerky seasoning for our stuff, but only about a quarter of recommended amount..gives more flavor but lot less sodium..

If any would like our Liver snak recipe...pmail momma...she will be happy to share..

Hugs to all and happy snakie making...
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , May 5 8:09 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > thinking about homecooking for itchy pup, please help

I am honored

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 6:11am PST 
Hi..

I've had itching skin, flaking dandruffie stuff, and some hot spots in the course of my life...

Mom was at wits end having tried lots of things from the vet, which helped, but are very expensive...

Somepup left this link in a health forum, sorry can't remember who or which forum, but I do know, it has worked wonders for both of us..

ACV

Hope this helps a little
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by JUSTUS~OUR BEST FRIEND '03-'12, Apr 1 4:21 pm

Dogster Railroad > MIRACLE!! MAX HAS BEEN FOUND!!

I am honored

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 7:34am PST 
snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopySo Happy you were found...stay home and cozy with your Mommasnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by WOOKIE (at the Bridge), Feb 26 11:53 am

Grooming > Spa shampoo?

I am honored

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 5:50am PST 
Hi Girly...

Thank your Mom for the great recipes..I have been having some dry, flaky skin lately..probably from the cold and dry air in the house..

Mom ran out of apple cider vinegar...she gives it to us twice a day in our food and it really helps with lots of stuff...bol..

We copied your recipes to notepad and are going to get the ingredients today..

Thanks again...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by delta, Feb 5 9:11 pm

Behavior & Training > Bet you couldn't even train this....

I am honored

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 8:37am PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseway to go applauseapplauseapplause

Happy the locksmith didn't have to come...those guys are expensivebig laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tank, Jan 5 1:52 pm

What I Love About Dogster > A Christmas Prayer for All.......

I am honored

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '07 4:55am PST 
A Christmas Prayer
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father,
Help us remember the birth of Jesus,
that we may share in the song of the angels,
the gladness of the shepherds,
and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate
and open the door of love all over the world.
Let kindness come with every gift
and good desires with every greeting.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing
which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning
make us happy to be thy children,
and Christmas evening bring us to our beds
with grateful thoughts,
forgiving and forgiven,
for Jesus' sake.

Amen.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Peaches of Pupingham, Dec 25 4:55 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.