GO!

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Is there such a thing as a miniature Ridgeback?

Sprout

Play until you- drop!

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '07 12:00pm PST 
My mom and dad just thought that I was pug and chihuahua or soemthing like that, but we were at the dog walk area today and a guy came up and said - "Oh, is that a Ridgeback?" Mom and Dad were like "what?" but the man noticed that when I got scared or nervous, my ridge showed up - especially lower on my back. Mom always thought that just happened when the leash accidentally rubbed my fur the wrong way or got tosselled while playing. So - ok, I'm part ridgeback, but I'm only 12 lbs! What could I be mixed with or what coudl I be? I'm estimated to be close to one year old and my paws don't indicate I have more room to grow or anything!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 4 8:21 am

Rhodesian Ridgeback > Am I a Rhodesian Ridgeback??
Sprout

Play until you- drop!

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '07 4:16pm PST 
Hi - I have the opposite problem - my mom and dad just thought that I was pug and chihuahua or soemthing like that, but we were at the dog walk area today and a guy came up and said - "Oh, is that a Ridgeback?" Mom and Dad were like "what?" but the man noticed that when I got scared or nervous, my ridge showed up - especially lower on my back. I always thought that just happened when the leash accidentally rubbed my fur the wrong way. So - ok, I'm part ridgeback, but I'm only 12 lbs! What could I be mixed with or what coudl I be? I'm estimated to be close to one year old and my paws don't indicate I have more room to grow or anything!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 1:57 pm

Behavior & Training > 2 dominant females

Sprout

Play until you- drop!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 9:10am PST 
Hi Rosa-

It looks like everyone is as baffled as you are with this behavior! My two are still sometimes fighting over who the dominant female is, too, and Sprout, the youngest is always stealing big sister Annie's toys.

I don't know what to tell you except to redirect their behavior. fortunately, my two dogs do anything for rawhide chews, so when guests come or if I need to get work done at home, I give them chews to keep them busy and that tends to work for a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 10 8:52 am

Behavior & Training > playing too rough?

Sprout

Play until you- drop!

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 5:13am PST 
We just got Sprout about 6 weeks ago and already had our 6 year old Beagle. They started to get along at the end of the first day and ever since are play machines. Sometimes they play really roughly and I'm always paranoid it's too much - or that one of them is getting too aggressive. Any signs I should look for to know if the play is getting out of hand? Maybe I have the new mom-jitters, but I'm worried that Annie the older dog may be jealous or else that Sprout is trying to become "alpha dog." So far nothing bad has resulted from play and they usually just tire each other out - but I'd appreciate any thing in particular I should look for. Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 11:29 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.