Postings by Puck

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > You Know You\'re a Dog Lover When:
Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 6:56pm PST 
When people have to move the dog crates and blankets just to find a seat in your vehicle!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 26 8:23 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Thoughts on Mini-Aussies
Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 6:19pm PST 
I'm not so impressed by an AKC registration. I would hope that someone would put the brakes on with this "new breed" and take superior dogs within that group to breed. Maybe they could limit registration to dogs that meets standards by two years. It seems to me that instead of worrying about one trait or another, they would want to worry about the passing on of many excellent traits. Just hoping!wink
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Jun 25 9:17 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Diamond in the Ruff

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 7:27pm PST 
We're so happy you landed in such a perfect place!applause
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Foxy, Mar 31 10:08 pm

Behavior & Training > What is your dog\'s strangest quirk(s)?

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 7:42pm PST 
Puck also likes to hoard toys. He does have a weird habit of "packing" toys when he goes outside whether it is to potty or just to play. He used to grab just any toy. Now he goes to great pains to pick the perfect toy. So much so that I get tired of waiting. Everybody else rushes out the door and Puck is still at the toy box picking the perfect toy to pack for his trip outside! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Diesel, Mar 15 5:40 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How hard is it to say goodbye to a foster?

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Sat Dec 25, '10 4:42pm PST 
I agree with Cali. As hard as it is to say goodbye, the visual of others in need is always incentive to get right back to work for another deserving dog. It is also a good felling to know your foster is likely going to fit in well in their new home because of all they have learned and experienced in your home. Keeping a photo album helps too.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hope, Dec 29 11:44 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Southern Indiana Puppy Mill raided
Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 6:15pm PST 
I agree with Bailey. Indiana has totally ineffective laws when it comes to protecting animals. We have two bad ones here in my county. The county council will warn them, check them in two weeks, and then not go back until enough other people complain. I wish the state would get serious. Our county simply throws up their arms and quotes state regulations. It is sooooo frustrating.cry
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Isabelle the Great, Dec 2 7:29 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > What is your dog thankful for?

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 8:24pm PST 
Thankful for freedom from the puppy mill.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Luka, Nov 28 1:46 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > doggie beds... what does your dog like?

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Thu Sep 9, '10 6:09pm PST 
Pillow type is the only thing we keep. Winters are icy here in Indiana so I made little platforms to put under them to keep them off the cold floor. I also like these as I make covers I can wash. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Toby, Sep 27 10:51 am

Grooming > Do dogs molt?

Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Wed Jun 23, '10 5:07pm PST 
When we rescued Puck, he was suffering from mange and lice and had scratched to the point of bleeding in spots. As those areas healed, they came in a different color. The skin under those areas is also hyper-pigmented. Could he simply be healing from the poor condition yo0u found him in?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Moira, Jun 25 6:48 pm

Grooming > How on EARTH?!
Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Fri Jun 11, '10 5:28pm PST 
I usually wait until after I finish a portion of their grooming to treat my guys. I think just learning to hold your dog's head while you trim can help. I hold them by the hair very close to and under the chin. Another thing that may help is 'fake trimming' I call it. Keep the scissors close to you in your favorite chair where the two of you cuddle. Occasionally get them out while your dog is in a peaceful mood. They may take right off, but eventually they will not fear the site of the scissors. Then in the same quiet moments, I get out the scissors and open and close them to make the clipping sound just to get them used to it. I know this sounds like a lot of work but I have seen the great results in my dogs who do not fear the haircuts now. Wishing you the best!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Puck, Jun 11 5:28 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.