GO!

Maremma > Hi there - I'm Bella

Bella

Give me food !- NOW ! Lots- please !

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 8:14am PST 
Hi Maremma Foster Parent !
I applaud you for fostering a Maremma.
Bella is my first Maremma, so I'm not an expert in all their behavior. I do notice that Bella, now over 1 1/2 years old still loves to chew everything she can get a hold off. I think they just love to chew. I give Bella rawhides and chewing bones all the time and she just absolutely loves those. She still destroys other things though.
Bella is the same way as your Maremma. She does not listen at all. I think that is a Maremma trademark. They are bred to make their own decisions, not to listen to someone else. The only time she will come and listen is when she thinks she'll get a treat smile Bella is a bit clumsy too at times, but I think it's just that she thinks she can ram through things and push them out of the way, instead of going around them. And a lot of time she does succeed. She has a lot of strength.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 8:24 am

Bella

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 8:06am PST 
Hi Kodi,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Mommy was busy lately.
Yes, I have an older (smaller) sister - her name is Lexi. She's a rascal and even though I'm 3times her size, she will not take any orders from me. Rather, I follow hers most of the time - whew ! We do love to play wild games every day - sometimes mommy has to hold on to furniture so we don't topple it over while playing smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 8:24 am

Bella

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:26am PST 
Hi Kodi - it's Bella !
I'm still pretty young too, just a little over 1 1/2 years old. I do still love to chew anything that is laying around the house, and the waste basket is a special feast, if my parent forget to hide it.
I see from you homepage that you love rawhides and chewies too. Rawhides are my absolute favorite !
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 8:24 am

Bella

Barked: Fri Feb 29, '08 10:03am PST 
Hi there,
I'm Bella and I'm a 1 year old Maremma.
Are there any other Maremma's out there who would like to share their experiences with me?
I'm still a puppy and need to learn from my fellow Maremma's smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 8:24 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.