Postings by Venninne

GO!

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > big and little
Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 12:27pm PST 
we have a 70 pounder and a 17 pounder!!!

She is my first small dog. We got her because we wanted an American Pitbull Terrier, but our strata would not allow any bully breeds. So we did our research on breeds and found that Rat Terriers have very similar temperments and personalities to pitties and they were an allowable breed for our strata rules. We found a rescue dedicated to Rat Terriers, and found our baby girl. We flew her home the MINUTE we were approved for her adoption.

Now, normally I would stick to our big dogs, but my heart has been won!! Here's to many happy years with our tiny companion!!
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Feb 19 11:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Panda Shepherd??
Venninne

Barked: Mon Aug 11, '08 2:32pm PST 
The website itself declares this is not a separate sub-breed of shepherd. They clearly state that is the goal but not the reality. Don't know if it matters to your decision. But thisis(so far) just looking to be a genetic "oops" that they hope to recreate.

(I concluded this from the statement made on Flash's page stating,

"We are calling this coloration a "Panda Shepherd Dog" due to the desire to be a distinct and seperate breed from the GSD in the future. Remember...all breeds started somewhere."
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN, Aug 18 8:56 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > PETA's new ad campaign!

Venninne

Barked: Mon Aug 11, '08 1:54pm PST 
I know, as a Canadian I can honestly say that we're all incredibly disgusted with them. This family has not even burried thier son and Peta is trying to use it. They want to advertise this campign over the news, the poor boys remains are not even cold yet.

They had done a similar campaign when Robert Pickton was finally charged with 27 murders of prostitutes. My family knows one of the girls he has already been convicted of killing. PETA had billboards put up depicting a "streetwalker" and a pig with the caption "Neither of us wants to be meat" Of course our province made them take them all down and probably will not allow them to run the ad cmpaigns here, but like the pigfarm billboards, I am sure they will still run this disgusting ad across the rest of Canada.

They also had Pamela Anderson (and a couple other "pieces of meat" prancing around in practically nothing in my hometown last week for th new KFC faux chicken sandwhich!!

They are all sick!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nallah, Aug 13 5:43 pm

Dog Health > Red spots started popping up all over

Venninne

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 3:23pm PST 
Yup, I agree that it sounds like it could be staph.

Venninne gets it every spring and fall when we let her go in a certain area around our home to walk in the bushes. We used to take her to the vet and get anti-biotics each time, then I though **I'm NUTS!!** So when we go to that spot for a walk, we bring her home and wash her with an anti-bacterial dog shampoo, dry her off and she does not get it!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Oct 7 9:20 am

Dog Health > Gentle leader/Halti callouses?

Venninne

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 3:19pm PST 
YUP!! Getle leaders/halti's and short haired breeds jsut don't mix well.

Try a Lupi (in stores), or a Sensi-harness (only avail over the web). They are both excellent anti-pull devices that we use on all of our rescue dogs. They work great and don't cause hair loss, scarring or callouses on short/no haired breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Venninne, Jul 10 3:19 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Pit Bulls (RANT)
Venninne

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 1:48pm PST 
I don't but I'd like to!!!...How about crating them or maybe a nice shock collar?..."I told you to pick up your room!!"...ZAP!

LOL Pippin!! I love it.

Actually my girlfriend and I were talking last weekend about getting shock collars for the hubbies!!! Ya know, maybe make them listen better!!

LMAO!!
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by In loving memory of Lilo, Jul 23 10:07 am

Food & Nutrition > Stop with the premium food bashing!(rant)

Venninne

Barked: Wed Jul 2, '08 12:11pm PST 
Firefly...

Tell your mom you'll make the family dinner, make her hotdogs (store brand of course) and steak for the rest. When she asks why, tell her that the beef in the weiners is the same as in the beef, according to her, so nyou didn't think she would mind if you bought the bargain price food for her!!!

I know, I know, probably not a good idea, but I always like to get my point across, even to my mom. Then again, I dont live with her anymore!!

comparing dog food to human foods is not a good one, the store brand versus delmonte still has to pass the food grade regulations, not so for beneful!!

Try not to let it bother you too much, your right.... your dogs, your decision. So she doesn't agree?? Oh well. Your dogs are being fed well regadless of what she thinks.

Regards, your local dogster psyco!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Jul 5 9:38 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Desperate for foster Alabama- Detroit

Venninne

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '08 2:01pm PST 
Update, we have till tuesday, and then he'll be up north "without a paddle". Can anyone help out here??

He's heading up to Indiana starting from Alabama this afternoon. Anyone anywhere in between or on the other end, we'll get him to you if you'll foster this babe for us!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 27 7:22 pm

Venninne

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '08 2:01pm PST 
Update, we have till tuesday, and then he'll be up north "without a paddle". Can anyone help out here??

He's heading up to Indiana starting from Alabama this afternoon. Anyone anywhere in between or on the other end, we'll get him to you if you'll foster this babe for us!!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 7:22 pm

Venninne

Barked: Thu Jun 26, '08 3:53pm PST 
Please, please, please!!!!

Anyone who can foster a bully breed, please say so!! the transport to Detroit leaves Friday morning from Alabama. And the shelter will not garauntee this dogs life beyond tomorrow morning.

Anyone who can help. We really need you dogsters out there!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 7:22 pm

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.