Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Akita > Akita Training Questions
Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 2:42pm PST 
I have 2. One female(Bella 1yr, 4months) and one male (Elvis, 1yr in May). They are COMPLETE opposites! Came from different breeders, therefore have different tempermants. She is def. more aggressive and he is def. the pushover! laugh out loud My 5 and 2 yr old could pull on him, try to ride him like a horse, pull his feet....you name it and he is taking it and loving it. She on the otherhand is more...snippy!
I took her to training and she completed up to the Intermediate class. She HAD to be shown who was boss, and it wasn't her! She's def. stubborn but VERY smart.
I love my dogs and am so glad we chose Akita's. I did alot of reading on line (googled info) and learned alot from training.
hope this might help!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Stella, Mar 5 4:39 am

Dog Health > Just got spayed...
Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:30pm PST 
Yes, I was spayed Tuesday, and now (Thursday) I am feeling soooo much better! Mom has given me lots of water, and I have eaten some, and I have taken my medicine too!way to go Mommy snuggled with me last night on the floor and I was in heaven!cloud 9 I put my head in her arms and she held me !
Thank you everyone for all of the comments and advice...I know mom appreciates it!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Lil' Lola, Sep 14 8:33 am

Dog Health > Just got spayed...

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 2:45pm PST 
Mommy just had me spayed and I am miserable! This is my 1st full day home and I haven't eaten anything but a piece of cheese, and then it came back up, and I don't feel much like drinking, oh....and I won't take my doggy ibuprofen the Dr. gave me. shrug Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me and my mommy? Thanks!puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Lil' Lola, Sep 14 8:33 am

Behavior & Training > New brother!

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 2:31pm PST 
Good idea with the treats....I'm going to try that.She is getting better, we got her a muzzle to keep her from hurting him, in case she did, and she is definetely trying to show him she is boss. As soon as we feel she won't hurt him, we won't use it anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lola, Aug 21 9:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Petco Training?

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '07 2:24pm PST 
I took Bella to Petsmart (still am ! ) and we really like our trainer. Maybe if you look in your city (through parks and rec )you can find a trainer offering classes. Or maybe even your vet? Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Tucker and Peter, Aug 22 10:41 pm

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 8:27am PST 
Thanks! I think I will take them out together later this evening when it cools down. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 young girls, so it's been challenging. By the way....what is NILIF? thinking
You had said...Time does help, but introducing NILIF immediately will work wonders!!!
way to go I sure hope so....I'm ready to see my Bella play! Elvis could care less that she has her panties in a bunch, I know she would love the company, thats why we wanted another dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lola, Aug 21 9:33 pm

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 4:16pm PST 
Thanks guys. I also heard about 2 weeks.....i just hate for them to "work it out" and the poor guy gets hurtshock . She's getting a little better....Its alot of work keeping them at different places at the same time! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lola, Aug 21 9:33 pm

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 11:24am PST 
Bella has been here since she was 2 months old. She is almost 8 now. She is so much bigger than Elvis right now that we don't want them "out" together. Believe me, he is going to pass her up quickly and he'll be that alpha!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lola, Aug 21 9:33 pm

Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 8:13am PST 
Ok, so my mommy and daddy got this new "brother" for me, and here's the thing....I don't like him! They brought him home this past Saturday, and all I can do is snarl my teeth at him and growl (hey a little intimidation never hurts) red face I even nipped at his buns when dad let me sniff him. They alternate keeping him in his crate and us going outside.
Any suggestions for my mommy and daddy?....I want to be good, how can they help us?
Bellacheer
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lola, Aug 21 9:33 pm

Akita > Blowing Fur
Bella

Hey...You wanna- dig?

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '07 4:01pm PST 
Hi Nanuk! My mommy says that I shed a few months ago...alot! I'm fine now, she got a brush from the pet store....I like it now. It has really small bristles. Maybe you could try that?wave
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sabre, Jul 19 8:12 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.