Postings by Kayak "Mighty Moose Angel"

GO!

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Hobbes has gone to heaven
Kayak- "Mighty- Moose Angel"-

Snoodledawg

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '12 10:01pm PST 
So very sorry about Hobbes. He is now sporting beautiful, stunning Golden wings.
Love on your other Golden baby, they grieve also, I know mine did. My helping them cope was definately good for me, we walked all our special walks we did before, we found new walks to enjoy. It is so hard to watch our pups grieve and it is hard for them watching us grieve. Be strong for each other.
I still talk to my dogs who are now angels and honestly I feel them around me more than I can say.
Theres a brand new golden star in the heavens tonight for Hobbes.
Bless you.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Angel, Jul 20 12:22 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > "mini" Golden Retrievers?

Snoodledawg

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 3:26pm PST 
If there are breeders out there intentionally breeding "mini GR" than I certainly would wonder how good of a breeder they are. Quality breeders are in it for the betterment of the breed not to see if they can come up with some "new designer breed". UGH! drives me nuts.
We see it all the time at the clinic with people coming in with some designer breed that they paid huge amounts of money for only to find out that the dog came from some irresponsible backyard breeder or puppymill only in it for the $$.
We are seeing all sorts of dogs who are crossed with poodles, pugs, poms and chihuahuas just to name a few. They have a certificate from some goofy small dog registry of some kind from the internet. It pains me to see how much they have paid for these puppies, some people have been told that they will be able to show their dogs as they are reconized by the AKC and UKC, then they find out that that is far from the truth. Sad!
Sorry, I am a bit taken back by these type of breeders to say the least.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Jun 19 9:13 am

Dog Health > lymphoma sarcoma and weight loss during chemo

Snoodledawg

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 10:06pm PST 
Have to agree with protein, protein, protein and watch those carbs, cancer cells like sugars which is what carbs breaks down to.
Lots of pup prayers for your pup.
Glad to hear that he is doing well with chemo.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kayak "Mighty Moose Angel" , Jun 11 10:06 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Snoodledawg

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 10:16pm PST 
Oh we would love some wings for Kayak and Nakita, they are both sweet beautiful angels now. Kayak passed away in August last year due to cardiac hemangiosarcoma and Nakita joined her bestest friend on Good Friday this year due to hemangiosarcoma, such an evil cancer.
Nakita would be beautiful with some wings that are big like a pegasus as she was bigger than life and needs bigger wings to keep up with the boyz. Kayak was my socialite and extremely sweet and gentle, he loved "moose hunting" (really that was his idea of looking at deer) so maybe some softer wings for him.
We would really appreciate your help. I believe you helped with Gunner's wings which look beautiful and compliment him, thank you.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 297 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jun 1 1:18 pm

Dog Health > Rimadyl & Prednisone...

Snoodledawg

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 9:42pm PST 
a surprised that your Vet suggested to give pred so soon after giving rimadyl, usually they have to be off rimadyl at least a week before starting up on pred. How long was your pup on rimadyl and has he had bloodwork done prior to starting the medications to make sure his kidneys are okay to handle the medications? Hope the pred works for the back problem, it is a good medication for back problems. Have you also tried acupuncture, this works well also.
Best wishes.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Apr 6 10:20 am

Raw Food Diet > Annoying roommate problem *sigh*

Snoodledawg

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '12 5:50pm PST 
Ummmm lets see...a new room mate could be an answer, just kidding but the idea of a small fridge in your room or garage would be a great answer to the room mates complaints. Also, if your food is completely contained how could it "contaminate" her foods? Your dogs food is probably more safe than her food.dog
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Pookie, Mar 30 9:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Lotus dog food? Anyone heard of this?

Snoodledawg

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '12 10:27am PST 
Have you ever checked out Dogfoodadvisor.com? Fairly neat site rating all the dog foods and pointing out ingredients necessary and unnecessary in our dogs foods. They also have an email recall alert system they send out when there has been any recalls even voluntary recalls.
Looks like a nice food though.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Khloe, Feb 24 12:05 pm

Dog Health > Desperate to find out what's wrong with my dog. :(

Snoodledawg

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 8:40pm PST 
Hi Skye, I sent you a pmail, hope thats ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Mar 29 5:08 pm

Dog Health > Mobile Veterinary Nurse

Snoodledawg

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 9:14pm PST 
Sorry this is long....As a LVT myself I would suggest that you apply at some Veterinary clinics to work within the clinic with the possibility of offering to assist clients and their pets at home administering some medical needs but there could be liability concerns for the clinic as well as yourself.
If you are under the direction of the Vet you work for/with and have the protocols clearly explained to the client and they choose to have treatments done at home you can work up a treatment plan with the Vet, the client and you and get everything in writing.
Quite a few Veterinary clinics are offering this type of service for their clients if the Vet Tech is licensed/certified. Services such as sub-Q fluids, blood glucose testing and insulin treatments, medication administration, medicated baths, nail trims, anal glands expressed, bandage changes, transportation to and from the Vet, just to name a few. There again I cannot stress enough that these need to be under the instruction of the clients Vet.
I do all of the above but only with under the instruction of our attending Veterinarians and the complete understanding of the client.
Being that you are going into a clients home you may need to become bonded and insured to cover your liability should anything happen while you are in their home.
There is a call for this service especially for seniors, disabled or for people who would just love some special assistance. I especially see this with diabetic pet owners. Once they have a true understanding of blood glucose home testing and have some confidence in their own skills they do very well with testing their pets at home, which is so very important.
Another thing you may want to look into is T-touch massage therapy, you can help pets relax while they are at home recovering from surgery or with arthritis problems, but there again only under the support of the Veterinarian.
Best wishes in your adventure, it really is fun and breaks up the day at the clinic, makes it relaxing for the pet and the clients who do not want to visit the clinic for more minor treatments.
I trim nails at a lot of clients homes and I am so surprised at how welcomed I am doing just this little thing, my clients are thrilled and I am booked out at least 2 weeks just with that. Too funny. I have clients who are on a regular schedule they even call me when they are going to be out of town so I can know who will have the dogs/cats and to let me know they still want me to come in their absence. I love it.
Again best wishes and I hope you can find a wonderful Vet clinic to work with, so very important.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 7 10:46 pm

Dog Health > dental cleaning at age 9...safe?

Snoodledawg

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 8:18pm PST 
Hello, handsome pup by the way. As far as a dental goes in dogs over 9yrs old its fairly common, most of the dentals I have done have been on dogs and cats are seniors. I would hope that your Vet is going to have pre-op blood work done such as CBC and basic chem panel, this will show kidney, liver, pancreas and glucose levels to name a few, this will tell the Vet if your dog is healthy enough to handle the anesthesia. All dogs (in my humble opinion) should have an IV cath and fluids during the dental, this helps keep them hydrated throughout the procedure and have an IV access should any other IV meds need to be administered, also post dental pain meds (if needed) can be given this way, this will also help the body flush out the anesthesia and any pre-op meds that are used.
Dentals are fairly easy to recover from and I am sure that your Vet will have moniters on your dog throughout the dental and as your pup is waking up. Also, the Tech will be with your dog during the entire pre-op, dental and post op time.
Does your dog have problems with teeth? Just curious as for the most part dogs do not need a dental every yr but some do, mostly the smaller breeds or the dogs that have teeth that do not line up in a scissors bite.
I am sure that your dog will do just fine and recover well. He may be a little "goofy" when you pick him up due to the anesthesia and pre-op meds but with some rest and hydration he will be good as new the next day.
To make sure that your dog is properly hydrated after the procedure you can add some warm water to his food if he does want to eat that night, I would feed soft food just in case his gums are a little sore just like ours are after our cleaning.
Ask for a dental chart and copies of any dental xrays they do so you can keep an eye on any changes that you may notice when you do your own dental checks at home.
Best wishes and happy smiles to your pup.
dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dodger, Mar 5 8:32 pm

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.