Postings by Sassy

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Dog Health > Tail amputation
Sassy

What! Do you- have something- to say?

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 7:11pm PST 
Sassy had her tail amputated after it became infected. Really, after the initial surgery, it doesn't appear to bother her at all. I say go for it if it will solve the problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brandi May, Jul 14 3:15 pm

Behavior & Training > which breeds would do these jobs best?
Sassy

Barked: Sun Dec 20, '09 9:55pm PST 
1. Therapy (TDI) any dog that is steady and nice

2. Guide dog (for blind or hearing loss)these are two very different types of work. for Guides I'd say any of the usual, labs, goldens, GSD. other breeds can do this job too, such as Boxers, dobes and Poodles.

for hearing loss- any small to medium dog of any breed or mix that is steady and nice and alert. You want a dog that notices sounds like a Boston terrier. smile

3. Police K9 unit- probably GSD. I like it when they use pit bulls.

4. Search and rescue. St Bernard?

5. Psychiatric assistance- Boston terrier smile - any sensitive but steady and nice dog preferably without a strong instinct to protect. I think smaller dogs usually do this best. ok, there are big dogs that do well too.

6. Military- Black Russian Terrier. There is more dog under that hair than you would think.

7. Bomb/drug detection I'd say the beagle would be the best. Someone has has been breeding jackle crosses for this type of work

8. Herding livestock Border collie for sheep, Blue heeler for cows.

9. Guarding livestock Kommodor
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Dec 22 9:18 pm

Puppy Place > Neutering Age?

Sassy

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 12:01pm PST 
early neutering doesn'r prevent marking. i fostered a poodle that had been neutered at 9 weeks and he acted like an intact male dog, but worse!

6 months to a year is a good time to have a male dog neutered.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hershey, Jan 29 7:30 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Help! Ear cropping/tail docking

Sassy

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 11:01am PST 
IMHO docking of tails is less cruel than spay/nueter operations because it is done within a few days of birth. Ear cropping is probably the same, cruelty wise as having a dog spayed. Anyway you look at it, these are usually all unessesary operations that we have done to our pets for our own convience. You are still cutting bits and peices off of your pets and it is all very barbaric. Of course all of these operations DO have their practicle side. But It is quite possible to have a intact female dog and take care of her so that she is never bred. most people are not up to the little bit of extra care that is nessesary or are too lazy and want everything to be easy. In fact there are many health benifits to NOT having a dog spayed, but only the benifits of spaying are ever given to dog owners.

I'm sure you will all disagree with me, but you are still cutting up your animals when you spay and neuter, crop and dock!

I keep a breed that has a natural short tail and natural erect ears. some do crop Bostons ears, but I never have.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Rafa, Dec 27 8:57 pm

Boston Terrier > My Boston doesn't eat from a bowl he like the floor.

Sassy

Barked: Sat Dec 20, '08 4:57pm PST 
Is the bowl narrow or wide?

I've noticed that many Bostons and flat faced dogs prefer a wider bowl to eat out of. Perhaps it is because a Bostons eyes are so close to the rim.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sadie, Oct 9 7:10 pm

Puppy Place > Does your dog have a favorite breed? just for fun
Sassy

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '08 4:25pm PST 
You might give it a try- it IS an aquired taste, but I'm sure you'll just LOVE cat humping once you get started!

dancingkittydancing
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by King Jackal Jackson, Dec 19 11:05 pm

Puppy Place > Does your dog have a favorite breed? just for fun

Sassy

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '08 12:36pm PST 
We are "breedist". We prefer other Boston terriers- and cats. LOL

Cat humping is a favorite Boston terrier pastime.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by King Jackal Jackson, Dec 19 11:05 pm

Behavior & Training > Why does my dog *have* to urinate where I do?

Sassy

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 11:26am PST 
Seeing as how dogs veiw us as members of the pack, I'm not surprized that your pal would mark where you mark. LOL

Your dog must think of you as another dog, or of himself as being human...who knows.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Dec 8 10:25 am

Food & Nutrition > How does this food look?

Sassy

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '08 2:30pm PST 
How about Taste of the wild pacific stream. I started eating it and it made me feel so much better and i hardly ever scratch now. My skin and ears look good too!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Oct 14 3:03 pm

Grooming > Scratching HELP!!!
Sassy

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '08 11:07am PST 
I used to have problems with itchies, but mom switched my food to Taste of the wild, pacific stream formula and I am MUCH better!

Nowwhen I scratch it's just a normal amount.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Oct 14 11:07 am

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.