Postings by ★ Faith ★

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Raw Food Diet > So, what's in your food bowl today!!
★ Faith- ★

Down with Bill- 132(Ontario Pit- Bull Ban)

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:12pm PST 
pork rib roast for us 3! YUMMMM
[notify]
» There has since been 3882 posts. Last posting by Buster, Jul 27 5:49 am

Raw Food Diet > So, what's in your food bowl today!!
★ Faith- ★

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:53pm PST 
ditto!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4242 posts. Last posting by Buster, Jul 27 5:49 am

Raw Food Diet > The very first raw meal, and I already have a question!

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:50pm PST 
Again.. offer the chicken for 15min then take it away and offer later or tomorrow. Stick to the same thing, as changing the food may confuse and not provide the progress you are looking for. It is also reaffirming her behaviour.

TOUGH LOVE ... I know it's hard and we all give in, but it's what you've got to do to succeed.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 3 9:26 pm

Raw Food Diet > The very first raw meal, and I already have a question!

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 6:47pm PST 
Hi Missy.

Everyone has made good points and I agree with them all. I think just letting her figure it out on her own in her own time wis best. It will come with time.

Faith, she took a good 3 days to really get the idea of eating her raw meals, where my other 2 girls just jumped right in and gobbled it all up on attempt 1. It's all a matter of knowing your dog, learning how they eat and adjusting the "routine" as you go. It is definietly a learning process. I've learned with Faith that she really doesn't like to eat every day. She will eat until she is full (I always offer her a few days portion at once) and then fast for a day or two. On her fasting days I do offer meat to her as I feed the other incase she is hungry but she usually isn't interested for a few days when she is ready to "gorge" again.

So, baby steps. That's my advice for now.

Let us know how it went with dinner.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jan 3 9:26 pm

American Staffordshire Terrier > What Do You Eat?

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 5:08pm PST 
I'm just curious what you all are eating. I have had a struggling finding the "perfect" food for me. We have been through various brands and formulas when it comes to food and every time we think we have found "the one" it turns out not to be so.

After much research (we're talking about 6 months) Mommy has decided to try me and my sisters on an all raw diet. I've been on it for almost a month now and all my allergies and tummy and *ahem* bowl *ahem* problems seem to be solved. And there's nothing like a big meaty bone! YUMM!!

Ok bullies, what are you all eating?
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Jackson 3/11/02 - 7/28/13, Aug 6 4:00 pm

Staffordshire Bull Terrier > What Do You Eat?
★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 5:07pm PST 
I'm just curious what you all are eating. I have had a struggling finding the "perfect" food for me. We have been through various brands and formulas when it comes to food and every time we think we have found "the one" it turns out not to be so.

After much research (we're talking about 6 months) Mommy has decided to try me and my sisters on an all raw diet. I've been on it for almost a month now and all my allergies and tummy and *ahem* bowl *ahem* problems seem to be solved. And there's nothing like a big meaty bone! YUMM!!

Ok bullies, what are you all eating?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Blaze, Jul 5 12:27 pm

Staffordshire Bull Terrier > There is nothing like a Staffy to come home too

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 5:03pm PST 
Agreed. I have always said that there is no love like bullie love ♥ I love coming home to the love of ALL my girls, but my Am Staff x Staffie Bull just makes me feel extra warm and fuzzy. ♥
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! , Jan 25 12:47 pm

American Staffordshire Terrier > Doggie Names...

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 4:55pm PST 
I had been through a lot before I was taken by the animal shelter. They named me Faith. Why EXACTALLY we don't know, but Mommy has her theories. Anyway, when Mommy adopted me she wasn't looking for a dog. I was recovering from a very serious surgery and it was said I would never run again and I would always walk with a limp ... I SHOWED THEM - I CAN ZOOMIE NOW!!! ... Mommy says it was Fate that brought us together and Faith that got me through my hard and trying times. She felt that the name suited me, so Faith I Am! Actually, she called me Chissy's Keeping Faith becasue all of me and my sister's are Chissy's (insert rest of name).

Anywho... that's how I got my name. My sisters have more interesting names and all have a "theme" to their names.

Denali - Chissy's Devious Denali
Starr - Chissy's Starr Light Angel
Aurora - Chissy's Princess Aurora
Savana - Chissy's Savana Banana

YUP! GM cars and in Starr's case ... OnStar in the GM cars. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel Lou, Aug 26 4:28 pm

Raw Food Diet > Suddenly refusing raw food?

★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 4:10pm PST 
We've been on raw for almost a month now and we went cold turkey with much success. Mommy decided that we were going raw - the meat come into the house and the kibble went out. It was like kibble what? laugh out loud Mommy knew that if kibble was available we would rather eat it becasue that is what we were used to and it smelled soooo good!

Anyway, I have always been a "picky" eater and Mommy knew switching wouldn't be as easy for me as it has been for my sisters who eat whatever is put in front of them no questions asked and then look for more. With me, she used tough love. Of course she had been "stalking" the fourms for a long time before starting us on our raw diet. Anyway, she would give me my food and if I ate it GREAT! and if I didn't then it went away and that's what I would be served the next day. Usually after a day-3 days of not eating, I would gobble down the food because I was hungry and had to eat. This is the nature of the beast. She would add to the meal and bulk it up to ensure that I got what I needed. Mommy soon started to realize that I prefer to eat a large meal and then fast for a day or two. Sometimes on my fasting day I would take a rec bone while my sisters ate their meals (which I had no interest in having any of) or I would enjoy a pig tail, chicken foot, etc with them.

So, my suggestions. Try cold turkey and some tough love. You're gonna get hungry some time and that food will look pretty appetizing. And, if you are concerened, try some of the tips suggested, such as seering, adding salmon oil or cheese. But, I would try to do it au natural first.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ebony Mae, Dec 18 2:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > What Raw Food Won\'t You Eat?
★ Faith- ★

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 8:04am PST 
Mommy says I'm a real picky eater! ...*humfph*

I WILL NOT eat kidney of any kind.
I don't care for liver, beef is the only 1 that will go down after a few days
I don't care for quail
I'm not a huge fan of chicken either, whatever part it is
Smelts are growing on me
Tripe - GROSS!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tessa Sue~*In loving memory*~, Dec 17 9:19 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.