GO!

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Psychiatric service dogs more common with Women?
♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Tue Jan 18, '11 11:21pm PST 
I am curious how I might go about getting one of my dogs trained as a PSD. My daughter was murdered in 2008 and I did therapy and everything. About a year ago I began getting nervous tics and it is getting worse. PTSD diagnosis. I am calmer and not as prone to the tics when I am sitting and petting one of my dogs. (they do calm me). The tics are getting so bad that, I thought I was covering them, but both my husband and son mentioned to me they were noticing them getting worse.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 25 12:55 pm

Dog Health > How do you know if your old dog is going deaf?

Barked: Thu Jun 19, '08 9:39pm PST 
I suspect Copper is losing some hearing too. She used to come running when she heard the fridge open or if we were back where the treats are kept but now if she is where she can't see you go in there she doesn't react to the sound. She still reacts when called but you have to call her several times and there has been a couple of times when I have leaned down to pet her and she has startled. Not bitten but acted surprised to see me as though she hadn't heard me come up. We have been doing hand signals too so she is ok. At night when I would tell her let's go to bed, she doesn't come until she sees the living room light go off and the tv go off. Then she will come to bed.

As for her eye sight, well you can see she had to start wearing glasses. big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh JK. They're only for reading. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 20 6:22 pm

Dog Health > Prepare now! It could save your babies!

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 9:24pm PST 
I just mentioned it in another thread but mom was telling someone she got these little booklets from PetSmart. They are called my dog's (cat's) health and id records. It has a place for personal information, vet and health information, dog food information, dietary info, club registrations, and emergency checklist. They are small enough to be kept in a purse. Mom would grab her purse in an emergency so she keeps ours in her purse. All five of us have one. So just a thought to keep all of your pet info in one place and not have to gather it up in an emergency. They were at the register when we got ours and it said new item.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Aug 27 2:38 pm

Dog Health > Super important life lesson i learned today!

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 9:17pm PST 
Daisy, PetSmart has these new little booklet things that mom got for all of us that are for listing everything about your pets. They are a good size to keep in her purse and since she always has her purse with her or grabs it in an emergency she loved having something that lists everything someone would need to know if something happened to her. It has a place for health records, emergency contacts, even a place for awards or pet friendly places to visit. It is great and since she found them she tells everyone about them. All five of us have one. Since you said you were making emergency cards she thought she'd tell you about them in case you want to check them out. She loves them. A compact way to keep everything about us in one spot. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 4:51 am

Dog Health > Having animals in the house

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 9:10pm PST 
See, I thought dog and cat hair were accessories. I know mama wears them to work everyday. shrug

When we go visit family we always take our dogs, but we ask first. They are dog lovers except for the one sister but since we have added two more we have decided to RV it when we go back to visit so we can stay and have the dogs outside (where we usually all are congregated anyway) and at night have the dogs sleep in the rv with us. Copper always goes camping with us and Trixie and the boys will be going soon. If we have to sty home and cannot go along, mom has a friend come pet sit us at home.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 4:07 pm

Dog Health > Sleep twitching

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 12:18am PST 
We all do that too. We twitch, "erf erf", run, whine, face twitch. We do it all. Mama thinks that for us since we are chow hounds that we must be eating in our sleep.wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 18 12:22 am

Dog Health > Super important life lesson i learned today!

Barked: Wed Jun 18, '08 12:09am PST 
but you DO have the kind of time to make nasty post. Very interesting.

I think it is great that you were able to help this lady and her dog. Sometimes older people do this. Copper and Trixie both had elderly owners and Copper was 45 pounds when I adopted her and Trixie was about 50 to 55 pounds. They are both not a very healthy 30 pounds which for their age and size is good.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Jun 24 4:51 am

Puppy Place > Help name me!!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 12:19am PST 
I like Hailey. Then you could holler out the door Hershey, Harley, Hailey. wink

How about Bailey?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 10:57 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > i lied...

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 12:07am PST 
I failed miserably too. I was supposed to foster two beagle pups last October. Well guess who added two beagle pups to their pack two days later? big laughbig laughbig laugh Darn hubby was supposed to help keep me from doing it and darn it if the man didn't tell me he didn't know how they could be separated or given up and why didn't we just keep them since we had beagle experience? laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Jun 19 5:20 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Suggestions for big dog for woman in 50's

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 6:59pm PST 
Also if she gets an older dog then that dog should be a lot easier to handle. Our shelter gets lots of older big pups who get overlooked. They are wonderful and when they finally get a home the new owners have gushed how great they are.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jun 17 10:22 am

(Page 1 of 25: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.