Postings by Lucy

GO!

(Page 1 of 30: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Lucy is being bad
Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '07 5:42pm PST 
Lucy is being bad. She keeps growling at everyone, specifically my roommates dog. The two of them have always gotten along great. Could it be that she is just stressed right now? I'm pretty stressed too. Plus we just got a new kitten (my roommate did) and Lucy doesn't like the kitten, which is strange because she loves all other cats. What can I do to stop the aggression?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sunny, Nov 14 6:53 pm

Sports & Agility > No agility for me . . .
Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '07 7:44pm PST 
II was excited about teaching Lucy agility, but we just got back from the vets and the doctor said her luxating patellas are too bad for agility. She might need surgury when she is older and will probably have arthiritis. she loves to run and jump but I don't want her to have mor3e damage when she is older. So sad huh?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gio, Aug 17 8:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Kitty food!

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '07 1:22pm PST 
Now the cat is eating the dog food!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 17 1:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > Kitty food!

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 12:39pm PST 
Lucy likes eating my roommate's cat food. How is the best way to prevent that? would the cat still eat it if we put it up high?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 17 1:22 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How far would you go?

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '07 9:34pm PST 
How far would you go to keep you dog? If you've read my post in dogster local, you'd read how I'm having problems. In fact, today I'm getting kicked out of my house because I refuse to get rid of her. luckily we have some friends we can stay with for a while, but after that I don't know.
I REFUSE to give up Lucy. when I adopted her I meant it for her life. She's worth the world to me and besides, I wouldn't trust anyone else with her. they wouldn't know where her favorite place to be scratched is or which of her toys is her favorite or why she always dances when she meets new people.
I'm scared of what I'll have to sacrifice for my dog, but how can I be unloyal to her when she is loyal to me?
So what about it guys? what would you give up to keep your dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Aug 23 8:17 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > I'M SO ANNOYED!!
Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '07 9:22pm PST 
Anyone? I don't know what to do--I don't want to live on the streets but I CANNOT give up my dog!! What am I supposed to do? I'm not a crier but I can't stop crying.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by JaVa, Aug 17 1:31 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > I'M SO ANNOYED!!

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 7:03pm PST 
Okay so I posted a couple of months ago that my landlord was saying no more pets. Well, his reasoning was because she wasn't very well trained when I got her (but she was JUST a puppy). He said that he was putting new carpet in because of the pee smell and didn't want a dog in the house. Well, I was given the option of trying to clean the carpet to get the smell out and maybe I could stay. Well, I did and the smell is gone and the carpet is okay. (It's still pretty gross carpet because it's probably been in the house since the 70s or even earlier than that)
Well, they changed their mind and said that the smell is gone and that is cool, but still no pets.
And I have been looking and looking and looking for a place and can't find one. (I'm in Provo Utah if anyone could help).
AND what makes me furious is that it isn't even "new" carpet they are installing, it's the old carpet from my landlord's house!! It had quite a few stains on at least the back of it (he claims he's going to cut that part off!) But the landlord that we pay rent to said I had until at least the 20th before they are laying down carpet and that I could put my stuff in the kitchen for it. But the other landlord and the offical house owner says I have to have my stuff out by this Tuesday!! Luckily, I can stay with the girls upstairs for a little while, but that apartment isn't zoned for four people so it is temporary. I don't know what to do. I feel cheated. It was my fault that there was pottying on the floor, but I have corrected the problem and saw to it that it won't happen again. I'm just a college student and don't make that much money. I really need a place that is either cheap or that I can split the rent with someone else. then I'd need someone to split it with. One of my friends would move in with me (the only one willing) but she has a border collie and a cat and no body wants to rent to that many animals no matter how well they get along or are trained.
I also need a place near where I go to school BYU because I don't have a car. It could be either bus or walking (but not in another tow unless maybe orem.) Also, I'm leaving in January to go on a church mission unless I'm homeless still, so it's almost impossible to find some one to rent for only five months.
Help anyone?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by JaVa, Aug 17 1:31 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > looking for a dog collar with olives on it

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '07 3:34pm PST 
I don't know if you have any type of artsy skills but maybe you could make something. Like buy the collar and get olive patches to sew on or something?
Or like embrodiery or something (whatever that is!)
good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rubin, Aug 12 6:03 pm

Dog Health > Pet Insurance? Any advice?

Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '07 3:31pm PST 
Okay so I know the pet insurance topic has been around the boarf at time or two, but I have a specific question.
I am going to be going out of town for a significantly long time (a year and a half to be exact) It's for my church and VERY important to me. Lucy can't come but my roommate is willing to watch her for me. The roommate is okay with paying the vet bills and stuff, but i don't want her to have to pay for emergency's or if Lucy needs a dental ect. Is there a good health insurance for this situation? I think they will be staying in Boston for the year and a half.
PS. Please DON'T try to persuade me not to go--as I said, it is a church thing and important to me. Plus, Lucy will be having the time of her life playing with her doggie friend Emmie and her kitty-lover Sticky. My friend is a very good pet owner, but won't spoil Lucy so bad that I have to retrain her. I just need advice on the health insurance! Thanks so much!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Aug 10 3:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Opinions please!
Lucy

Happy Birthday- Mama!!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 11:43pm PST 
Okay so a rope is best so she can't feel the tension. This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I use it to teach her to not run away and to LISTEN even when she is far away?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shayne CGC, RL2, Jul 27 3:56 am

(Page 1 of 30: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.