Postings by Barkley CD RAE THD CGC TDIA

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Other Barks & Woofs > Dogster & Catster Video Contest!
Barkley CD- RAE THD CGC- TDIA

Make Way for- Prince Barkley

Barked: Tue Sep 29, '09 6:26pm PST 
This is me hosing around. I love to play with the hose...

http://www.dogster.com/video/370951/hosing_around

snoopy| $|snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 17 1:44 pm

Behavior & Training > CGC test

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 7:23pm PST 
I did mine last year and had no problem. Mom purposely waited until I was a little older to make sure my temperament was sound especially with other dogs. Even now some dogs will trigger me with staring or barking at me but I correct out of it right away. I usually never start.
If I got my CGC as a puppy, mom would want to do it again when I got older so she just waited. Next she wants to do the GSD Temperament Test. Best of Luck to you
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Jun 12 10:35 pm

German Shepherd > So pups...what in your food bowl?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 6:46pm PST 
I'm on Canidae with Canine Complete Joint Mobility, (wholistic whole food supplement) Make sure when you switch over you do it gradual. If you start 1/2 and 1/2 it may be too much at once. I'd start with 3/4 to 1/4 and do that for a couple of days then gradually increase the new food as long as the poops are good. Sometimes it's a slow process so the belly can handle it.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 23 5:15 am

German Shepherd > what does everyone think about police GSD?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 2:31pm PST 
I admire both the dogs and soldiers/police officers. I believe they truly consider themselves partners and would protect each other no matter what. I have nothing but respect and admiration for our men and women in uniform. Check out this picture. What team work..Soldier Dogs
There is a soldier as well as a German Sheperd in there but you may not be able to see them with the ads blocking the view. In any case, I think it's an amazing photo
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 18 6:10 am

German Shepherd > Dog Park

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 2:19pm PST 
I wouldn't go either. They are such an uncontrolled environment. The trainer I go to agrees. She thinks that dog parks and dog day cares and groups are a big reason why there has been a big boom in dogs with behavior issues especially when a pup is brought to a dog park and the bigger dogs play too rough. There is so much more to socializing the pups besides having them play with other dogs. When Barkley was a pup I took him for walks everywhere that I could think of where there were kids, dogs, joggers, cars, etc. I tried to expose him to as much as possible. I know you can't desensitize them from everything but bringing them places helps them to see the world is a mostly nice place. We also walked on main streets, wooded paths and walking paths so that he wouldn't startle with cars or trucks that go zooming by but he would be aware of them. He is really good and no reactive to joggers, bikes, kids, etc. The only think he does seem to react to is a dog who stares at him or barks at him, then he will lunge back, but if I correct him and tell him to sit, he corrects right out of it and doesn't carry on. Obedience school or puppy classes are a good outlet as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Barkley CD RAE THD CGC TDIA , Jun 10 2:19 pm

German Shepherd > my german shepherd is going in for surgery!!

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 2:09pm PST 
We are so happy Baily is feeling better. We will keep paws and fingers crossed that she continues to improve. hughughug to you and her. She is lucky to have you!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Natasha , Jun 19 6:46 pm

German Shepherd > Im new here!

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 2:07pm PST 
wavewavewaveHi Jazz. It's nice to meet you. You are quite a smart girl and really adorable. Barkley likes to lie like that too, airing out the family jewels. He has since he was a young pup like you. I can see why the question mark. She mostly looks pure but there is something in the build and the tail (it looks like it curls up, does it) that would put a question mark. It wouldn't matter to me either way. Barkley had a tiny amount of white on the tip of his tail and if you look real close, he still has like 1 white hair on the tip. His Dad Manny did too but you had to look real close. It wasn't as apparent as Jazz's. Best wishes for you and your pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jazz, Jun 10 5:34 pm

Dog of the Day & Week > How do you become DOTD?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 1:44pm PST 
wavewaveHI Pals, No you are not the only one wondering. I've been on dogster for almost 3 years and haven't been picked for any of "the Day" with the exception of a Daily Diary Pick. I wonder how they randomly pick.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brady (Rest in Peace Aug 02), Jun 13 11:47 am

Choosing the Right Dog > [body shots] What breeds could I be?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 1:40pm PST 
You are quite adorable. I don't see Bassett Hound however. I do see Border Collie, English Setter and Springer Spaniel. Does that make you a Border Setter Spaniel.. laugh out loudlaugh out loud Whatever you are you are beautiful.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by ♥ Babe ♥, Sep 14 6:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > "Labradoodles" .. why not just get a..

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 6:26am PST 
eekeek 3000.00 for a mixed breed dog. Wow. My cousin has a doodle and she has been a real challenge to say the least since she brought her home. I can never understand why people pay such large sums of money for a mixed breed dog, and it is a mixed breed. When you take two dogs from different breeds you have a mix. I don't think I would ever consider a dog that has two different kinds a purebred. There's nothing wrong with mixed breed dogs but there are so many that need homes, why create more.
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Misty, Jun 13 9:04 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.