Postings by Mika MADC, MJDC, AG.N.J., A.G.

GO!

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Dr. Jeffrey Levy, homeopathy?
Mika MADC,- MJDC,- AG.N.J.,- A.G.

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 10:21am PST 
I've been looking into classical homeopathy for Mika; she had a mast cell tumor removed from her right hind leg in November. I've heard of Jeff Feinman and Magda Aquila, but have heard some nasty stuff about each of them.

I found one guy named Dr. Jeff Levy online, and haven't read anything bad again. But I haven't read much good, either. He appears to be not as well known as the other two homeopaths I mentioned.

Here's his web site:

http://www.homeovet.net/index.html

Thoughts?

(I am skeptical about homeopathy, although I used to be a believer...but I'm willing to try anything to help my girl.)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mika MADC, MJDC, AG.N.J., A.G., Jan 7 10:21 am

Grooming > HELP! Dandruff problem.

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:47pm PST 
I would suggest switching to a raw or homecooked diet, which would likely help clear it up. You can buy pre-made frozen raw from many pet supply stores. But other than that, I agree with the other posters that salmon oil could help. My schnauzer, Mika, also gets hot spots due to allergies and she gets two fish oil capsules daily.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 5:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kinda curious on your thoughts on this rescue

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:23pm PST 
I do not support any rescue that buys dogs and sells them for more. They're doing it to make a profit, not to help the dogs. Buying (I hesitate to use the word "adopting" in this case) a dog from this rescue would be similar to buying a puppy from a pet store.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 8:14 am

Behavior & Training > Silliest dominance thing Ive ever read

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 5:05pm PST 
"Maybe someone else has more insight into this? It was a pretty short segment."

That's generally true. It does depend on the breed, though. Breeds that have been bred to work with humans will often turn to their handlers/owners for help, but breeds that haven't been bred to work with humans (for example, terriers) will often try to figure out the problem on their own. There are definitely exceptions, though! Both of my dogs -- including my terrier -- will ask me for help when they're frustrated with something, like if they smell a treat stuck under a cabinet or something.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Torie, Feb 14 7:50 pm

Dog Health > Dewclaw removal?

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 3:32pm PST 
If you're planning on doing any dog sports, I wouldn't have them removed because the dewclaws help prevent carpal injuries. But otherwise, it'd probably be okay to have them removed, since Chloe is having problems with them. I wouldn't recommend removing them if they're attached, though smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jinjo *Stumpy of the Wild*, Feb 2 8:54 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > I am new to dogster

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 3:08pm PST 
Welcome aboard!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ellie, Feb 2 2:21 pm

Get Well Soon > Vertebrae Surgery

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 1:19pm PST 
Heal well Nemesis!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Nemesis, Apr 2 9:31 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Wait at the Rainbow Bridge, Lucy

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 1:07pm PST 
Rest in peace Lucy hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mika MADC, MJDC, AG.N.J., A.G., Jan 28 1:07 pm

Miniature Schnauzer > Changing Colors??

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 11:57am PST 
For schnauzers, it's normal smile Unless they're stripped, many young schnauzers will get lighter each time they are clipped until they reach one to three years old (it depends on the dog). Environment and diet can also affect it, but they're definitely not always the case.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ozzie, Feb 4 4:48 pm

Dogs & Travel > Travel to Europe?

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 11:43am PST 
I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but you might also want to try a natural calming product (such as Rescue Remedy, DAP, or Thundershirt) when you fly. Flying is very stressful for most animals. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mika MADC, MJDC, AG.N.J., A.G., Jan 28 11:43 am

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.