GO!

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Bullmastiff > Bullmastiff Breeders
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 11:45am PST 
Al Batchelor of TruGrit Bullmastiffs.
Crystal Corner of DalPrimo Bullmastiffs.
Anna Figueroa of Ishana Bullmastiffs.
Pam Kochuba of Shady Oak Bullmastiffs.
Michele McGovern of Highpoint Bullmastiffs.
Nikki Parker of Southwind Bullmastiffs.

These are all can't miss breeders and a good place to start looking. I have talked to Al myself on a couple of occasions regarding a show prospect puppy -- and would give my right arm just the same for one of Crystal's. (They share many of the same bloodlines.) I believe all of them have Top 20 dogs with fantastic temperaments and health backgrounds. Beware, as there are TONS of breeders out there who do a good job convincing you they are reputable, but are not. These are all American breeders -- I didn't stop to think to look at where you're located. I have plenty of Canadian breeder friends if you're up north, too!

Good luck on finding your new family member! How exciting!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 28 8:32 am

Bullmastiff > Puppy weight
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Sat Sep 11, '10 12:50pm PST 
Hard to say, Thunder.

I definitely see the GSD in you -- and your face looks kind of Greyhound or Collie to me. Physically (as in body type, coat, face/ears) I don't see much if any Bullmastiff in you, so it's a tough call.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , May 18 8:22 pm

Bullmastiff > How Old Are Your Beloved Mastiffs???

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Sat Sep 11, '10 12:47pm PST 
Hey! Welcome to Dogster!

I lost Zeus, my first Bullmastiff, right after his 5th Birthday to a high-grade rare lymphoma called cutaneous lymphoma. He had never had the best immune system, and was plagued with health problems most of his life. (Allergies/immune system, bloat/GDV, entropion, anal glands, demodex, etc.)

My girl Grace is 4.5, and healthy as a horse. Has an ear infection here and there -- but has NEVER had a major problem in her life unlike Zeus.

I have a lot of Bullmastiff friends (many breeders), and some have 12 year olds. I've seen a 14 year old here and there, but the 8-10 range is pretty common for problems to arise I think. Good luck with your boy, and love 'em everyday I can. I'd give anything to have just one more hour with my Zeus.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella, Apr 11 7:18 am

Dog Health > What is the scariest thing your dog has ate or got a hold of?

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Wed Jun 9, '10 1:36pm PST 
Grace ate a whole tub of (non-toxic) sidewalk chalk last week. Take your eye off that pup for one second, and look what happens. I was worried at first, but it quickly turned to fury when I saw that it was non-toxic. Now it's just funny. Seriously. Could that stuff have tasted THAT good?

Zeus once ate a night light (light blulb and all) straight out of the socket. Now THAT was scary.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Isaiah, Jun 11 6:12 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What are your reasons for owning an only dog, or 2or3...and reasons to choose to adopt a new dog?

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Mon Jun 7, '10 5:12pm PST 
Right now the only reason I have one is because of my current living situation. I should technically have two right now -- but circumstances changed to where I could not get the French Bulldog puppy I had put my deposit down on. If I had the room, I would have two dogs -- if not three. (I am itching with the SPoodle fever since my Oodle hating ex is out of the picture!)
[notify]
» There has since been 63 posts. Last posting by Hershey Bear, Jun 12 8:41 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Fila Brasiero?
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 2:47pm PST 
I only had Zeus, my first male Bullmastiff, for just under 5 years.

I would suffer the heartbreak with the same short time frame he and I had all over again for any dog that is half of the dog he was. (I think that's why I'm crazy enough to be contemplating a DDB.)
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Cain, Jun 30 8:53 pm

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Fri May 28, '10 9:21am PST 
If you're seriously interested in the Boerboel let me know and I'll refer you to the gal who went to the specialty so she can tell you who she'd reccomend and not.

I would still like to have another male Bullmastiff (and am awaiting a friend's litter, but need to find a place first) -- but am also trying to re-talk myself out of a Dogue. I just wish they lived longer...
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Cain, Jun 30 8:53 pm

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 6:53pm PST 
Sorry. Kahuna/Tomba's Mom's name is Dana. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Cain, Jun 30 8:53 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Anyone know much about Boerboels?

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 4:51pm PST 
Funny. I just wrote a little blurb in another thread about Boerboel.

This is a breed I love, but even for owning Bullmastiffs -- I would never bring home a Boerboel. (And at one point, I even seriously considered importing one.)

A close friend of mine (a veteran in Bullmastiffs with some of the top dogs in the nation) attended this past year's Boerboel National Specialty and was appauled at what she saw. The dogs all had to be spaced quite a ways apart and still, their handlers could not stack and control them because of their dog aggressive tendancies. On my Bullmastiff list they said there was talk of them becoming the next breed accepted by the AKC, and many expressed concerns about the possibility of their own dog being in a group ring with one of these beauts. They are a serious breed that has not had much "domestication" if you will. It really worried me to hear these things and turned me off of the breed for good.

If you decide to proceed, definitely see the dogs and their temperaments for yourself. The breed is absolutely gorgeous, but the temperament that has been described to me truly has me worried.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Cain, May 29 3:26 pm

Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Thu May 27, '10 4:44pm PST 
Dana - Did you hear that Nyx (Tomba's sire for those who don't know) ran a bear up the mountain this year? He is so awesome. (Blaze caught and brought down her own deer!)

I love Filas, but even for owning Bullmastiffs, I think they're *too* intense for me. (Same goes for the Tosa Inu that I love -- and a good friend of mine in Bullmastiffs went to the Boerboel Natl's this year and said they were a mess. Many would not stack but instead were trying to go after eachother. *cringe*)
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Cain, Jun 30 8:53 pm

(Page 1 of 113: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.