GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Choosing the Right Dog > Everyone's thinkin it, I'm just sayin it (Great Danes)
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:22pm PST 
Although I have not ever gotten to own a great dane, I have a friend who has always had Great Danes and knows so much about them he could write a book. If you get a chance to write to him, since he has a fan club. Fabio - yes, that Fabio (the model) has owned great danes for years and knows so, so much about them. He is a fountain of information, and loves the breed tremendously. I remember going with him to the airport to pick up Apache when he first got him from a breeder in Mississippi. He loved and treated that dog like you cannot believe. One thing I learned right away was because they are growing into such large dogs it is important to feed and exercise them properly because you do not want their bones or muscles to receive poor nutrition. He always was very careful about this and has raised some of the healthiest well mannered great danes around. I remember Apache could stand 6' on his hind legs, but he would never, ever jump on anyone. He was the finest well behaved dog you ever met.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 13 8:22 pm

Dog Health > Boston Terrier with skin bumps
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:10am PST 
Rocky has been doing much better. Skin bumps cleared up. We couldn't determine the source of the allergy, however, he's eating a different food - lamb and rice....and has not had any recurrences.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Thu Dec 25, '08 7:37pm PST 
The vet gave us medicine for Rocky and his bumps seem to be getting better. Please say prayers for him that they go away completely.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 3:56pm PST 
Hi, can't tell if they're white/grayish because they are under the fur, so it's hard to tell. Seems to be like pimples - still same color skin. Don't know yet if it's a staph infection...vet will let us know in 2 weeks what the tests reveal. Just hoping it's not cancer, although hopefully not a staph infection either.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Dec 23, '08 12:18pm PST 
Thanks for replying. The bumps are small, like the size of a pea, but not very pronounced. A couple have opened and been have a scab, but do not seem to irritate him. He was however uncomfortable after the vet biopsied a few yesterday. he has stitches which made him not want to lie on his side. I thought he had scratched himself running through the hedges, but this doesn't seem to be the case. they are only on his right side. I hope its some kind of skin allergy but do not know enough to assume that. His energy is the same, and personality is happy as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Mon Dec 22, '08 6:25pm PST 
My parents Boston, Rocky has started getting small bumps under his skin. They don't seem to irritate him, however, they are not going away it's been about six weeks now, and they seem to be increasing. They took him to the vet for tests and biopsies and will hear back in about 2 weeks. I was just hoping anyone might have experience with this or know if there are conditions it may be other than cancer. They lost a doberman to cancer which started the same way so I know they are fearing the worst. Rocky is 8 years old and very healthy other than this. Any feedback is appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Dec 30 9:51 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sad News!

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Sat Dec 20, '08 9:07pm PST 
Lucky left me on Dec. 17th. She was 20 years old. Half my life she was there. I know how you feel, and it is the worst feeling in the world.

Lucky and Zeus can play at rainbow bridge I hope. I miss her terribly.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 7:05 am

Puppy Place > Regret?

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '08 7:02pm PST 
he's a puppy and he is going to grow out of this behavior and you're going to miss it...believe it or not, you will! Be patient, it's only been a few days and it sounds like he is a wonderful dog. Please give him love and do not get mad at him. It is scarier for him, then you being in new surroundings, and having to learn how to behave when he is still such a youngster. My dog is a wonderful sweetheart and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but as a pup he truly tried my patience! Ate underwear everytime he could. Uprooted potted plants! Chewed the trim on woodwork...anyhow all of this lasted a very short time and he magically became calm and obedient. Think of yourself as a kid - it's no different for him...he's just a youngster. Just be patient, and you will start to relax, and when you do so will he.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 5:45 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > VERY DISTURBING

Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Tue Mar 11, '08 8:19pm PST 
Just reading the responses of those who have watched it is enough to make me not want to. Hopefully someone who can help sees it, but I will not watch it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 25 12:11 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > www.pawstoadopt.com - Awesome Dogs!
Chaos

Chaos Rules!!

Barked: Wed Mar 5, '08 3:36pm PST 
It's a great idea to ask your shelter. I think lots of great dogs are in shelters - and the more exposure they get, the better their chances of finding a home. The idea that some people who might never get to the shelter see the dog and then come in is what is great about a website. So many people can easily see the dogs, and hopefully this helps the dogs find homes.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 6 4:56 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.