Postings by Bo

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Dog Health > Cicadas
Bo

Anytime you- can...run, run,- run!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 6:57pm PST 
Here in East TN we have a TON of them and they are driving me crazy!
They are covering all of our fruit trees and I'm afraid they will kill them all.
So when I see one in the yard I show the dogs so they can eat them for me.
Just the other day Bo had one in his mouth that was still alive and making those horrible sounds, he was running right to me with it, of course I headed the other way.
I can't wait until they are gone!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Arko, Jun 10 3:41 am

Dog Health > Allergies
Bo

Barked: Wed May 21, '08 4:00am PST 
It does sound more like a behavioral problem.
Bo does that too, he does not have allergies but lickes one paw so bad he causes open sores.
You can google "Lick Granuloma" and find info on it.
Right now Bo is on antibiotics for his because while I was out of town for 3 days he must have licked his paw the whole time and it looked really nasty.
When I see him do it I make him stop and try to get his mind off of it.
I NEVER let him lick that paw, that way he knows he is not suppose to do it. What I mean by that is I do not allow him to lick it (of course he still will when I'm not watching)
My dogs eat Innova and seem to have no allergies or health problems.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angus, May 22 10:00 am

Dog Health > Lick Granuloma

Bo

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 3:28am PST 
Bo has had a problem for the past year of licking his paw.
The vet did no think it was allergies last year because it was just in one spot so we just always watch him and when he licks we make him stop.
It's mostly when he is sleepy, like a calming thing.
He had almost stopped about a week ago and his paw was healing.
But all of a sudden he went crazy and made a few spots and then I was out of town for 3 days and he was home with my husband, I came home and he had a HUGE spot on his upper arm.
He must have just sat and licked for 3 days!
Everyone is on Frontline and I am giving Capstar every other day (just in case it's fleas)
I am also giving benadryl daily.
I just don't know what to do, most everything I read says there isn't much you can do for it.
I am taking him to the vet today.
Has anyone had any success with Lick Granulomas??
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Riley, May 6 7:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > For you, which dog is the best housedog?

Bo

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 5:18am PST 
I think English Setters are a great housedog, plus my Bo makes a wonderful lap dog toosmile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Stitch, Apr 29 12:44 pm

Dog Health > leg trouble/wits end

Bo

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '07 4:46am PST 
What I found out when I was researching boredom chewing was that the e collars and wraps do not work, they will just find another place to chew.
I found this out when I sprayed Bo's whole leg with bitter apple, he just went to the other foot.
Bo's is not allergies either, he is on Innova which is grain free, although he could be allergic to a protien in it my vets do not think that is it.
There are also meds you can give like prozac but I don't want to give my baby those meds.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rosita, Nov 26 12:56 pm

Dog Health > leg trouble/wits end
Bo

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '07 4:06am PST 
Bo does that to.
I try to watch him because he does it mostly when he is just lying around.
When he starts to lick/chew I say Ahh-Ahh and he usually stops and if he continues to do it I spray some betagen on it (which he hates)
But of course I can't watch him 24/7
I had looked into accupuncture and talked to my vet and a holistic vet about it, both thought it would be a good idea, if he continues to do it.
I try to keep him as busy as I can but it is hard because once he is done playing he chews again.
So I really don't have an answer for you but if you look online you can find some info on accupuncture, it's pretty high $$ but I think it would be worth it.
We will actually probably try it after Christmas.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Rosita, Nov 26 12:56 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Workable Combo?

Bo

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '07 4:43am PST 
My Bo is 65lbs. and plays with the small foster dogs I have.
Not to say that all large dogs are good with little ones but a Jack Russell mix should be pretty sturdy.
If you are adopting from a rescue group they should have a trial period for the adoption.
We have one, we give the people one week (or a little more if needed) and if within that week the adoption does not work out we refund the adoption fee or try another dog.
Of course we always take the dog back no matter what, but within that trial period the adopter would get their money back.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bo, Nov 9 4:43 am

Dog Health > hot spots

Bo

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '07 4:28am PST 
Is it a hot spot or a lick granuloma? My Bo has a few lick granulomas on his paw (he is a bit of an OCD dog)
But I have a foster that has an actual hot spot on his neck, it came up all of a sudden and I freaked out!
Rushed him to the vet where they cleaned it, put him on antibiotics and I clean it twice daily with peroxide and put Betagen spray on it to dry it up.
As for a lick granuloma, it's not that easy because the dogs tend to focus on it. We are actually thinking of doing acupunture for Bo's if he doesn't stop licking it soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 3:59 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > \"Redemption\" the book HSUS, ASPCA, and PeTA are hoping you don\'t read this year

Bo

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '07 1:16pm PST 
Yes Merlin, I have the upmost respect for shelter workers. They go through so much heartbreak every day.
A friend of mine is the rescue coordinator for a local shelter and there are days that she can not even go in the back area and see all of those sad faces.
She just has to distance herself from it.
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 10:31 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > \"Redemption\" the book HSUS, ASPCA, and PeTA are hoping you don\'t read this year
Bo

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '07 4:57am PST 
First let me say that I am in no way supporting PETA or any other group like that but wanted to share my thoughts on "No kill" shelters.
Have you ever seen a "Cage crazy" dog?? One that sits in a kennel for so long it actually goes crazy? I have, and it is sad.
No kill sounds great, but what about the ones that don't get adopted in a few months or a few years? There they sit for years on end waiting every day for someone to save them, but no one ever comes.
I know of some dogs that have sat in "no kill" for 5 years. Now what kind of life is that?
I would rather see it put down then to live in a "cage" for years.
We are not suppose to chain our dogs (I am against chaining too) because it is not humane but we can stick them in a cage for god knows how long?
I'm sorry but I just do not agree with no kill at times. I think it is a great concept but is unfair to the dogs that do not get adopted within a reasonable amount of time.
[notify]
» There has since been 46 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 10:31 pm

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.