GO!

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Bulldog > Is your bulldog afraid of stuff
Lily, CGC,- Ringo, CGC &- Ebi

We are so cute!- Wanna snuggle?

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 6:08am PST 
Oh yes, for sure a bulldog trait. New things in the house are scary, things blowing in the wind outside are scary, baby gates are scary, ladders, aluminum foil, trash bags, loud noises, things falling ... yup, all very very scary smile

They may look tough, but I think being a scardy cat is part of the breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 9:41 am

Puppy Place > When a Kong isn't strong enough

Barked: Thu Feb 26, '09 8:30am PST 
You may want to try some deer antlers. From what I understand, they are VERY strong, do not smell and jsut about every dog that has tried them has been in love.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Mar 4 1:40 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Are you one of these pet parents?

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 10:59am PST 
Oh yes, I totally fall into that category .... I have a custom made purse (www.bagettes.com) with photos of my pups on it, bulldog socks, key chain, calendar, mug, wallpaper on computer .... oh yes, just like you guys the list goes on and on smile But I wouldn't have it any other way smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 10:31 pm

Bulldog > Pet Insurance

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '09 9:32am PST 
We have VPI for all three of our pups ... it's pretty good. There are breed specfic issues that they do not cover. I would go onto their website and get a feel for what is included and excluded then decide. I really like VPI and will always have insurance for our pets.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 24 1:13 am

Bulldog > Over weight puppy

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 8:11am PST 
I don't believe that she needs to be on puppy food any more either. You should gradually begin to change her over to a high quality food. You can check out www.dogfoodanalysis.com which lists the dog foods and their ratings, from there you can decide what is best from your pup.

Green beans are a great idea to add to a diet but be careful with pumpkin, it can back them up if too much is given.

If she doesn't like the treadmill, how about a walk around the block or a trip to the local park where she can experience new smells and sights that may keep her motivated on the walk.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 14 8:27 pm

Bulldog > Help!!! My Dog is turning Colors.

Barked: Thu Jan 15, '09 1:57pm PST 
I am sorry I can't be of more help, I have never heard of this. Is the texture of the hair the same? Have you taken him to the vet? Please let us know what you find out.

Hugs,
Lily, Ringo & Ebi
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 27 5:38 am

Bulldog > My bulldog is dreadful of leash iwth other dogs

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 1:11pm PST 
I surley would not lie to any trainer, there is no gain from that. I think it is important to be open and honest with a trainer on Bob's strengths, weaknesses and what goals you two have together.

Keep working with him and help him with new situtations, you guys can get there together. Stay positive with him and alert to his body language, from there you guys can overcome these issues.

Maybe the January bully meet will be a good way for Bob to hang out with other Bulldogs in a smaller arena and see how he does.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 9 3:16 am

Bulldog > My bulldog is dreadful of leash iwth other dogs

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 9:00am PST 
I think it is important to realize that most bulldogs do play differently and tend to play well with other bulldogs. Running and playing chase are not traditionally how they like to play. Tackling, pulling on jowels and wrestling are their more favorable types of play for them. I would perhaps look for a different training facility, maybe one where you can repeat a class that Bob has taken but focus more on his queues and his attention to you. Sounds like it would be best for him to be in a smaller class for now and slowly work him up to larger group settings. I have to 100% agree that muzzling him and putting him in an aggressive setting is not the right answer at all. Positive reinforcement and relaxed settings are the best ways to improve a bully's attitude.
Good luck,
Apryll
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 9 3:16 am

Choosing the Right Dog > frenchtons (boston terrier/french bulldog mix)

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 7:47am PST 
I couldn't agree more with all of the other posts here. French Bulldogs can have many health problems and breeding of these dogs should be left to responsible, informed and experienced breeders ... even then, there can be problems. Please look into Frenchie or Boston rescues, I am guessing you could probably find a beautiful doggy on one of those sites.

And yes, potty training a Frenchie is one of the most difficult and frustrating events! smile

Bully hugs,
Lily, Ringo & Ebi
[notify]
» There has since been 138 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 12:54 pm

Food & Nutrition > Raw or homecooked?? Can`t decide, and really confused!!

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 11:37am PST 
Why don't you do both? There have been many articles published lately about a "rotation diet" which consists of both raw and cooked meal plans.

Whichever route you go, it is probably best to start slow and introduce new things one at a time.

We use a rotation of raw (Bravo), home cooked (meats, veggies but no grains) and Honest Kitchen. Each pup in our house has their favorite meal and we are careful to not throw in too many different varieties at once so if there is a problem, we can easily identify it.

Best of luck in whichever route you decide.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 11:56 pm

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.