GO!

(Page 1 of 230: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > is it safe?
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 6:02pm PST 
Hearthworm tablets last for 45 days. They make you give your dog once a month because it's easier to remember. You can go out and have some fun.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 4 6:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Input on food please?
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 1:19pm PST 
Solid gold is a good food. I don't know much about the grain free in the one you are using tho. If you read the ingredients you will find things like corn, soy, potatoe, millet and others. There's some dogs that do well on non grain free food. If your dog is doing well on this food I'd stick to it.
I have 6 dogs and I feed 3 different type of food according to their need. Some have grain free and some have with grains. You go with what works for you. I think you made a great choice.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 5 5:53 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Otto needs a new home! (Atlanta)

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 9:09pm PST 
I agree with fantastic four. Fostering doesn't harm the dogs. It's not worst than people that have their dog getting doggy sat. It's actualy the best way in making the transition between the new home from the old home. I would go to a rescue.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 9:09 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Mom need help deciding.

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 9:02pm PST 
I would really think of trying to make things works with both. You have to consider that your dog is a senior and that seniors doesn't fare well in new environements. They can take a year and over to get used to their new place. If you don't have to do it please don't. I don't think I would let a guy decide whether I keep or not my dogs. If my boyfriend was to no like or my dog to not like my boyfriend I'd get rid of the boyfriend. I know I would because one already asked me to choose between him and my pets because he was alergic to them. Well I choosed the pets over him and I broke up with him no longer after this.
Consider any option you have.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 10 5:26 pm

Behavior & Training > 4 Month old scared of other dogs!

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 7:53pm PST 
You have to introduce other dogs to her gradualy and not in a dog park. Go slowly with new friendly dogs. There's some meetup groups that people make up that you can attend with your dog. There's might be puppy groups available too.
I hope this help.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 3 8:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Emma\'s going back to the Humane Society
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '08 7:46pm PST 
I might be wrong but I think your dogs are fighting over the alpha dog position. They must feel Adrienne slowing down. Adrienne must have somewhat protected Nikki to be second and now that's she's slowing down Emma have the door slightly opened for her to cimb to the top. Her way to get there is to beat Nikki in her position. This is my understanding of the situation.
You will need a behaviorist more than obedience lessons to deal with this. And if you find one that could be lots of work to be done on all three dogs.
Best of luck in any of your decision.
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by , Nov 24 6:11 am

Sports & Agility > Sled Dog Handler: My Perspective

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 10:39pm PST 
Really great!
I have started ski joring with Taco and now I want to put the pyrs to use. I just don't seem to have enough time. Too many things to be done with dogs!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 12 1:13 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I am interested in fostering but...

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 10:55am PST 
I have fostered a couple of dogs and I thought it was great. Now I do doggy sitting. With the shelter I didn't had to pay for the food or anything else. With the rescues it depend. Some I offered to feed the fosters at my own fee but the medical costs were theirs.
The dogs learn to deal with the separation. It never caused my dogs any problem when a dog leave. They are very happy when they come back tho. When my fosters get adopted I offer a doggy sitting service to all the adoptants if they need it at a lower cost. Two of my former foster come back to be sitted here.
I see fostering as teaching the dog what it is like to live in a family and so they learn better house manners and they become more adoptable.
A dog I fostered from the shelter had a blader infection from the shelter stress. She cleared it up under my care as it was much better for her.
Kudos to you for wanting to help your local shelter and the dogs.
Check out with your shelter to see what the policies are as all of them are different.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 10:55 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Need foster home ASAP

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 10:35am PST 
I hope you will find another foster soon. Can't you contact the rescue to have her moved out of your house?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 8:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Found an Older Beagle
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 10:33am PST 
There's people out there for senior dogs.
Have you posted some add for her? She might be just lost???
There's also the breed specific rescue option. I don't know what you have in your area but a rescue might be able to take her in.
Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 7:33 pm

(Page 1 of 230: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.