GO!

(Page 1 of 443: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > I want a large breed to do Therapy Work - help!
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '14 2:09pm PST 
How much shedding is too much? Are you able to deal with "seasonal" shedding? (where they shed fairly heavily for a few weeks a year, but not a lot the rest of the time).
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 11:38 am

Senior Dogs > Old Dog comments

My Angel

Barked: Sat Feb 22, '14 10:11pm PST 
I used to get those comments a lot with Ginger because she started getting white in the face when she was about 3-4 years old. I usually just ignored it, or when she was younger I'd tell them her actual age. The worst was a "friend" of mine when Ginger was 12 and was sick (cancer) he said why don't I put her to sleep and get a young dog. shock confused I was so shocked, I mean he knew Ginger for years and always was nice to her so how could he say that? She was my heart dog. silenced

I didn't get those comments with my other dogs really, though. Pooch didn't really act or look different when he got older so no one realized even when was 12-14. Being a terrier he was always active. He got a few white hairs around the eyes and muzzle but not really enough that people would notice.
With Bianca, people always thought she was a puppy for some reason. Then again she never got much grey. Once someone at the pet store asked her age and I said "7" and they said "Oh, 7 months?" They were so surprised when I said no, 7 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 9:58 am

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

My Angel

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 8:50pm PST 
I sometimes go to TheCatSite and they have forums and have cat profiles you can make about your cats- a lot more basic profiles than they have here though. I wonder if there's a similar site to that for dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 548 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Senior Dogs > Hip, lower back, pain management?

My Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 9:22pm PST 
I would consult with your vet when trying new medications, but some things I used for my dog's hip/back problems (from spondylosis and hip dysplasia) were Duralactin, DLPA, and we also tried a supplement called DGP/Dog Gone Pain.
I also gave a salmon oil supplement with vitamin E, and a liquid joint supplement. The one we used was Syn-flex. I've read that liquid forms of glucosamine are absorbed better. We also did hydrotherapy (water treadmill therapy), chiro and acupuncture.
She also got digestive enzymes/probiotics and immune supplements.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 8 1:13 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Where to Start with Therapy Dog Training?

My Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 8:08pm PST 
The CGC is a good PlCe to start. way to go

This website has tons of great info on how to prepare your dog to become a therapy dog as well as on both local and national organizations: http://dogplay.com/Activities/Therapy/therapy.html

You can either click "next step" at the bottom or use the links near the top to go to the different sections there.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 8:08 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > What happened to the world's coolest dog and cat show?

My Angel

Barked: Sun Dec 15, '13 10:12pm PST 
Yeah it's been gone for a while now, sadly!
There used to be a really cool thing online years ago called the Virtual Dog Show, it was an annual "online dog show" where you could compete in either breed comformation categories or also some fun categories for mutts and activities like agility (by submitting photos of your dog.) If your dog won in the top categories you even won real prizes and these neat little metal dog show ribbon pins... I wish that one was still going on! That one ended a long time ago though!
http://web.archive.org/web/20030620195121/http://www2.dogsh ow.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 19 4:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Giant breeds as service dogs.

My Angel

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 9:38pm PST 
Actually large dogs can be trained to curl up and often can fit into smaller spaces than you would expect.

Here's my friend's Mastiff service dog curled up on a plane:
Mastiff on airplane

As you can see, she does not take up more room than the footspace of her handler.
Most of the large/giant breed service dogs I know were chosen for a reason. Even if a dog is a psychiatric service dog they may be needed for physical tasks where a larger size is required.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 9:38 pm

Small Dogs > Clothing for long dogs?

My Angel

Barked: Wed Nov 20, '13 8:11pm PST 
You could always try etsy, a lot of sellers there will custom make things in your dog's size. That's how I got doggy pajamas made to fit my cat (sounds weird, but it was because he has allergies and would chew his skin).
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 9:59 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > I wish I had looked on here before ordering from Two Tuttles. And Questions on Freedom Design?

My Angel

Barked: Sat Nov 16, '13 8:24pm PST 
I hope people who are looking to buy stuff in the future will check reviews of the business first. If you search google for "Two Tuttles", one of the top results is to the website Ripoff Report which has a lot of negative reviews of them.
They apparently now use the website name Service Dog House and if you search for "Service Dog House reviews" on google you can see they have an "F" on the Better Business Bureau site.
So hopefully this will help give people a heads up.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 5:38 pm

Puppy Place > Girl names vs Boy names?

My Angel

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:16pm PST 
Bela is pronounced differently than Bella though, and means something different since the two words are from different languages.

Oh also the dog I will probably be getting is going to be a male harlequin Beauceron, but it's not 100% certain.
If anyone just can't stand not knowing what the name I am thinking of using is, you can PM me and I'll tell you. shh
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 12:16 pm

(Page 1 of 443: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.