Postings by Bentley, King of the World

GO!

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > PLEASE HELP! I'm driving my mommy insane!!!
Bentley,- King of the- World

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 7:12pm PST 
Gracie is correct in her advice. Plus, at just 2 months old, Baguette doesn't understand rules yet, but he is trying. He is still an infant. With patience, praise, and TIME, you will see the little angel in him return. I think leashing him to you is an excellent idea; I read that in several books.

Just for the record, I think Baguette is one of the cutest pups EVER, and the name is terrific!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Little Levi RIP, Dec 12 7:46 am

Behavior & Training > Good dog training books

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 7:04pm PST 
My favorite for logical training and unique ideas is Dog Perfect by Sarah Hodgson.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Brody, Dec 12 12:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What breed for a house full of cats?

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 7:01am PST 
I would have recommended a Great Dane, because we are so gentle, and low-energy, and we easily get along with kitties (and any other little creatures we meet!). Plus, easy to train, and easy to housebreak!

But alas, it sounds like we will be out of the question for these small, fluffy-dog lovers. They are elderly people, and in poor health... if they had a dane, they would never have to bend down and pick their dog up to put it on their laps; we would just sit right down on them!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by SPADE, Dec 12 6:43 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog vs. Boyfriend (long post, sorry!)

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 4:27pm PST 
Wow. Exact same thing has me ready to become single! I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months, and he is not a dog-lover. He does like my dogs just fine, but he doesn't fully understand the relationship a dog-lover has with their dogs.

He never spends the night over here (even though my dogs very graciously give up the bed for him), and he won't allow my dogs at his house. I started thinking pretty seriously about that this weekend. If he doesn't ever want dogs on his furniture, or shedding in his house, or even peeing in his yard, then I am probably just wasting his time. I will always have dogs, no matter what!

It is hard, because I love the guy. It's an issue that may seem trivial to some people, but not to the people here on dogster. I was so relieved to see your post, and scan for answers. I see lots of good advice on here for crate-training, and dog behavior, but none for turning a man into a dog-lover.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Madeline, Dec 12 2:41 pm

Dogs & Travel > Looking for an GOOD Boarding Kennel in Tucson, that's also AFFORDABLE. Does it exist???

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Fri Apr 14, '06 6:58am PST 
I've never left Bentley and Reini anywhere except for with friends when I travel. Now I'm in a new town where I don't have the same Great Dane friends network. I'm going to Hawaii in June (and would love to take the pups, but...) so I need a trustworthy place where I'll feel that my pups are in good hands, and with a bill that doesn't cost more than my vacation!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bentley, King of the World, Apr 14 6:58 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > Turkey Shopping Escapade

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '05 8:48am PST 
So, Mom went to the grocery store last night, just like half of America, to get her Thanksgiving turkey. Boy oh boy, that turkey-aisle was crowded! (no fights broke out, though). Anyway, Mom totally bi-passed that area. She got to the checkout lane, and found her food on the little checkout belt sandwiched between one person's big, fat turkey, and another person's big, fat turkey. Everyone was laughing!!! Why? Mommy had a tiny little individual cornish game hen sitting there between the dividing sticks. It's packaged just the same as those big turkeys, of course. Mom just shrugged, and said "It's a single-person-turkey!" More laughter from all around...

Okay, it's not a dog-story, but who doesn't like a little holiday giggle?

Anyone else with a turkey story to share?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Vincent, Nov 25 5:11 am

Behavior & Training > Ultra protective Great Dane - need guidance

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '05 5:51am PST 
Hmmmm... first question: is he neutered? That is the most obvious thing I can think of. The only dane I know of who has any kind of aggression still has his testicles.

Other than that, I would seek professional help when it comes to aggression issues. If you are not happy with the results of the trainer he's working with now, speak up! Get a new trainer. Aggression isn't something you can mess around with. Especially in big boys like us (I am also 2, and 130 pounds, and a merle... so there's a pal request coming your way).
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Samson Morley, Nov 22 6:27 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Got KENNEL?

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '05 3:42pm PST 
Me & Reini have to share the backseat of a Toyota Corolla. I ride 'bitch' (behind the driver) and Reini rides 'squirtgun' (behind shotgun). One head out each window, and away we go!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Emily, Nov 17 3:50 am

Who's Feeling Silly? > DA (Dogsterholics anonymous) session is now in order....

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '05 3:36pm PST 
My name is Bentley, and my mom is an all-five-questions dogsterholic. Can you help me? I could be at the park right now, but... Mom's on DOGSTER!!! And as for the Momster, she is supposed to be job-hunting, interviewing, apartment hunting, packing, preparing for our big move to Tucson, but... she's on DOGSTER! What do I do? She is so proud of my dogster "accomplishments," such as having so many pals, and getting the occassional rosette. I hate to let her down by telling her it doesn't really matter. Is there an inconspicuous cure???

p.s. I'm pretty sure that reason number 5 is a real problem here. Mom is single, and should really be out meeting people. I'm not saying she stays at home because of dogster, but, she stays home. And then just automatically reverts to dogster. For dog's sake! This woman used to be a model! Why isn't she out finding me a good 'daddy?' Then I would get twice the attention!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cinco, Nov 18 2:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anyone here feeding cocunut oil?

I ate- Miracle-Gro.

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '05 3:04pm PST 
In agreement with Hanna, Tropical Traditions has the highest quality Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in the purest form. If you search for the older thread on this subject, I gave LOTS of info about EVCO.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Daisy Mae, Aug 17 8:01 am

(Page 1 of 37: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.