Postings by Toshi

GO!

Akita > Toshi only obeys to my boyfriend

Toshi

Barked: Sat Dec 28, '13 4:32am PST 
So, we got Toshi about a month ago. He's now two months and a half and he started going on walks and we started teaching him some tricks.
I had never had a dog before so I did a lot of research on the breed before hand and tried to learn as much as I could before we could take Toshi home. My boyfriend has experience with dogs and he has been very helpful when it comes to explaining how dogs act and react.
He's still very little and he's in his dominance stage so he's trying constantly to test us to see who is in charge.
My boyfriend spends a lot less time with Toshi than I do but he seems to have it much easier when it comes to controlling Toshi. When he's around Toshi will obey to everything and be perfect but when it's just me he seems to turn into this evil hyper creature and all he does is run around and ignore me when i call him. Each time I call him he runs the opposite direction forcing me to grab him and pull him to the place where I had initially called him to. If I take him on a walk he will constantly pull on the lead even with all my attempts to keep him beside me.
Just to clarify, this is a new issue. Until about three days ago he would listen to me most of the times.
Is it possible that he has identified me as being below my boyfriend in the hierarchy chain? What can I do to change this?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 28 9:55 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.