Postings by Teddy

GO!

Puppy Place > Help! Name for a male papillon puppy?

Teddy

I'm unstoppable!

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 9:47pm PST 
Looking for a name is the hardest! But here's some fun ones..

Papi
Clooney
Spencer
King
Dex
Morgan
Teddy (hey, it's pretty awesome)
Romeo
Christoph
Serge
Kaz
Joey
Cassius
Brutus
Apollo
Ace
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Button, May 11 8:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Need to make a tough decision (plus a rant)
Teddy

I'm unstoppable!

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 2:56pm PST 
If you're lifestyle doesn't match up with this dog, I would say it's best to let him go to a family that suits his needs. It will benefit you and the dog. I've raised a JRT and they are a very loyal, affectionate, and intelligent breed but they are VERY active. So hopefully he finds a very active family that will be able to take him everywhere with them. It hurts me to hear this story, it's so hard when things like this happen frown Let's all hope this little guy gets a home where he's treated well! You are so awesome for wanting to take him in, big props to you! I say maybe keep in contact with the shelter and see if he's adopted out smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Capone, Apr 25 7:53 am

Puppy Place > Two new puppies

Teddy

I'm unstoppable!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 10:30pm PST 
It is definitely achievable! However as the owner of two young male dogs, I will tell you, it's A LOT of work.

While it is very difficult, its rewarding too. Even if some days you feel you're just not getting anywhere, and you can't believe what you've gotten yourself into.. You need to shrug that off and be positive because it's so rewarding everyday to create this partnership with your dogs. smile

Train them separately! Make sure you train each dog individually. This helps you gain a bond with the individual dog and will help them both attach to you and not the other dog.

Your best investment is going to be a baby gate. You want to separate your dogs atleast one hour a day while you ARE home. Again, this is establishing their independence. As they get older, when you leave home, always keep them separate with the gate. You never know what could happen, and if they end up fighting nobody will be there to stop them, so you definitely want to give them their own space when they can't be supervised.

So in point form:
1. train them separately
2. always supervise play
3. pick the dogs in the litter that are middle energy
4. neuter them as soon as you can
5. be confident, and calm.
6. give each puppy equal attention
7. expose them to all people, places, sounds, and animals as possible in their first 15 weeks of life.

Again, I will mention i's very hard to raise two puppies at the same time, so make sure you are very organized and have knowledge of canine behaviour. If you have experience raising a dog from puppyhood and are a confident, strong, consistent leader, I say go for it! It's a good challenge and you will create an awesome little pack. If this is your first dog, read up a lot and just be 100% committed to training and socializing the puppies from day one. If you feel like it might be too overwhelming, train one dog first, see how that goes and then add a second puppy smile

Good luck with everything, I hope this helped a little bit and congratulations on your puppies! Any questions, just ask, I'd be happy to help!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rambo, Apr 25 12:53 pm

Pomeranian > Uglies? Undercoat?

Teddy

I'm unstoppable!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:40pm PST 
Your pom will always be beautiful no matter what smile But yeah, the puppy uglies varies from dog to dog. For Teddy, the uglies were not very noticeable, whereas his Lavender sister looked like she got electrocuted. Colour can change aswell, his black became darker around 8 months (hes 9 months now)and his tail and ears are white (used to be tan). The best indicator of how they will look is of course genetics, but it also varies within the litter. Siblings may vary in colour, coat and conformation.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Teddy, Apr 23 9:40 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.