GO!

Dog Health > UTI afterr Spayy

Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 10:13am PST 
You know I did not get to go back with vet, I guess it was not allowed. She is just a puppy I am fostering and I took her to the shelter were she got spayed that is were the rescue wants me to take her cause they pay for it. I talked to the vet tech who brought her out and he gave me a sheet it did not say anything about a urine test that I remember I will check it again. They gave us medicine and she also has had kennel cough for a couple weeks now so the medicine will help with that. Do you know what the symptoms of Uti are? Before her spay she was licking her privates alot not sure if that is a sign of uti?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 12:03 pm

Dog Health > UTI afterr Spayy
Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 8:57pm PST 
Hazel recently got spayed on Wednesday and noticed a little bit of blood in her kennel this morning and fresh blood on her privates. Called the vet at the shelter and they said it was not normal after her spay to have that. Well they tell me it is probably a Uti and gave medicine for her. So my question is are uti normal after spaying a dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 12:03 pm

Behavior & Training > How do you proof Stay Recall and Leave it?

Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 11:00am PST 
I am wondering how you successfully proof behaviors such as stay? When can you consider a behavior proofed? I always see people on here using the term bomb proof does that mean that no matter what even if a bomb was going off the dog would behave?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 7 3:35 pm

Dog Health > oh my she ate a bee

Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 3:49pm PST 
I was outside with the dog not on a leash since we have a fenced in yard. Went away from the dog to pick up the dogs tennis ball. And out of the corner of my eye I see Hazel playing with something in the grass, then I realize it is a bee and then she ate it. Is she going to be okay, she seems fine she did drink a lot water but what should I watch out for? I don't think it stung her because she did not squeal or seem uncomfortable.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 4:51 am

Behavior & Training > What motivates your dog?

Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 6:51pm PST 
I wanted to start this thread and see what seems to motivate your dog the most? Is your dog super food driven? or lives for a favorite ball? or a Frisbee? Or a good game of tug? or any toys?. Or does your dog just like praise and to make you the owner happy? Or does your dog just like to work and the work itself is rewarding for them.

So what motivates your dog when training?

Hazel seems to be motivated by food, she was a feral puppy. She will happily work for her kibble!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 12:35 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What in the heck are her breeds?
Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 5:49pm PST 
Do you think she might have Pitbull in her??
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 9:49 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What in the heck are her breeds?

Hazel*adopte- d*

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 5:40pm PST 
Just got a another foster puppy, as my first foster puppy got adopted!!!! I am wondering what types of breeds does this puppy have in her? Im super thinking they said she has Husky in her.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 9:49 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.