Postings by Phoebe

GO!

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Phoebe

I'd rather have- a squirrel

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 1:37pm PST 
What the heck? I registered with http://dogsterfriends.freeforums.net/ and when I get to page it says I am banned?

Was it wrong to say I came from Dogster.com? Or is it a glitch on their website?

I am Confused.
[notify]
» There has since been 266 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > In light of Dogster's decision to close down the Community....
Phoebe

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 10:46am PST 
Following Pasha's advice, I submitted and application to join DogStarSpace.com. That's right, you have to submit an application! I'm still waiting to be "approved". I suppose that's what you have to do these days, look at the way Dogster has been hacked.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jan 26 11:21 am

West Highland Terrier > Heavy panting westie pup

Phoebe

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 10:28am PST 
Yes! It is normal!

We call it "the zoomies" laugh out loud

See my video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCruz9DJ30

Make sure you have the sound on.

He'll outgrow that before you know it, you'll miss it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Phoebe, Jan 22 10:28 am

West Highland Terrier > How much cold is safe for my Westie?

Phoebe

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 10:15am PST 
I know they are little toughies, and have a double coat. But it is 4 degrees F here, and into the minus 0 with wind chill.

She has a nice warm jacket and Pawz booties (mostly they protect her paws from the salt and whatever other chemicals Chicago is using on sidewalks).

But how cold is too cold for a Westie? You can't ask Phoebe because always the answer will be, "Are you kidding me? Let's go, go, go!"

The squirrels are always out, but you know, they're on their own and have their own coping mechanisms.

Phoebe is three years old, and gives me this pleading look, as if to say, "Please, lets go out."

So where do I draw the line? 20 degrees, 0 degrees, -10 degrees?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 17 7:59 pm

West Highland Terrier > Great Tip for Westie Skin Problems

Phoebe

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 9:57am PST 
My two year old Westie was exhibiting signs of such a skin allergy, biting off the fur on her front legs and rear paws in obvious discomfort. I took her to the Vet, who informed me that Westies' skin is notoriously vulnerable and it could be for a variety of reasons, but since Phoebe's exhibited in the fall season only, it's probably something she's walking through.

We walk every day in Grant Park in Chicago. Nice squirrel population there to bark at, and not taking her out is not an option (if you know Westies, you know why laugh out loud

I did notice little signs the Park District put out warning that the grass has been treated with chemicals.

So I did two things:

1) Feeding Phoebe the "Westie Diet", see http://www.westierescueca.com/diet.htm
2) Washing her legs and paws with "Episoothe Shampoo" after walks and her whole body once a week.

Problem solved.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 7:42 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Bridget Needs a New Owner
Phoebe

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 8:55pm PST 
Bridget is a perfectly viable, relatively young, pure bred Pomeranian. She is white with a lovely champagne streak running through her fluffy fur.

She shows all the natural traits of a Pomeranian: inquisitive, smart, independent yet loving, and hyper.

Unfortunately that last one makes her the wrong dog for my 83 year old mother. Bridget has become pack leader in that household, and Mom just can't keep up.

I'd take her in a heartbeat, she is a very sweet dog. But I already have a Westie, and I can't handle the two.

You can see the two of them playing on my Youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyajAML3KzM&feature=c4-overview&list= UUsnKMze7IOUauaZkhVw5Oew

Bridget is a very sweet dog, and a good home gets her for free.

If interested call my cell at 312-404-5453
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Aug 4 5:08 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.