Postings by Deia *adopted *

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Dog killed child (irresponsible dog owners)
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon May 13, '13 11:22am PST 
I was also thinking maybe the toddler had gotten food or maybe the dog had food. We don't know the whole story but that could be a possibility think of a 2 year old could easily get the dogs food treats bones etc. I also agree about people being able to read body language there could of been warning signs prior and maybe the parents punished it for those signs. And I honestly think maybe the mother was in the shower or maybe asleep. I just don't see how she goes to the bathroom and doesn't hear the child being mauled by the dog. The dog could of been fine when the parents were around but not being left alone with the toddler. Its very sad and I agree that putting the dog to sleep is the way to go.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, May 13 12:33 pm

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 6:08pm PST 
Augusta that is the right story, I have not read anything about it just saw it in the news. But my friend works at the shelter the dog was sent to and even saw the dog and tempermant tested it and it did nothing. But she was the one who told me about the father. I feel terrible for the parents but also terrible for the dog being put in that situation. Think of what that 2 year old did to the dog, I mean some people don't have common sense. It does not matter if it is a small dog or friendly dog you never leave them alone even for a minute unsupervisednaughty
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, May 13 12:33 pm

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 2:49pm PST 
I just don't understand why parents are so irresponsible with their children. So recently in the news were I live, a terrible thing happened. A mother left her 2 year old alone with the dog while she went to the bathroom and the dog mauled the toddler to death. I don't understand parents you NEVER LEAVE A DOG AlONE WITH A CHILD. And worst of all the dog is a pit bull so you know how people already label them killers or aggressive.
The dog was taken to a shelter and tested for behavior and was fine being tested but was scared to death and had to be put to sleep because of killing the child. And do you know what the father of the child beat the crap out of the dog after it happened.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, May 13 12:33 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > some people should never own dogs(rant)

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 10:25am PST 
Ughh I have friends that got a puppy last year and it is now one years old, I was kind enough to help them out. I taught them how to clicker train her and taught her the basic commands and some tricks. I gave them tips on what to do with biting potty training etc. Told them to crate train her but yet they only did crate her when they were gone otherwise that tiny puppy had free range of the house and would potty in the house and still goes in the house especially when people come over so obviously the dog is not potty trained. I told them not to walk the dog on a collar since it is a small breed who is tiny 5 lbs and to use a harness instead. They did not listen and still use q collar on her but worst of all I told them about 5 times to never never ever leave her collar on when she is in the crate. Well guess what happened they still left it on her in the crate and left the house for a couple of hours and came home to the dogs collar stuck under her jaw and trying to chew it and there was blood from it trying to chew its self free. I am slap slapping myself in the face I TOLD THEM TO NEVER leave the collar on in the crate because of the puppy could choke on it or the collar could get stuck on the cage and the dog could hung itself. They just better be happy that the dog was okay. So honestly these people would be better off owning a cat or maybe a rock as a peteek they also let her run off leash with no recall and the don't have a fenced in yard. And you know why they let the dog off leash because they are to lazy to leash the dog and walk it around to pottyeek
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Nare, Apr 25 11:58 pm

Puppy Place > Does she have Collie in her? Adult weight?

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 5:27pm PST 
Was wondering if my foster has collie in her? Or what breeds do you see in her? Rescue says maybe collie golden mix or australian shepherd collie. Also she is 5 months old and 20 pounds not super big paws. I think she will be maybe 45 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lenny, Feb 26 6:11 pm

Dog Health > Poop eater grosss
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 5:19pm PST 
We are working on a leave it command, so that might help us. Honestly I have never owned a dog or puppy that has done this beforered face
So is this something she is going to continue doing all her life? I guess I am going to have to tell the potential adopters she eats poop how embarrassing. She is underweight at moment so she needs to put some weight on. I have consider switching her food to high quality but don't want to upset her stomach, both my other dogs eat orijen or acana kibble.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Miss Madhi (bless her), Mar 14 2:34 pm

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 6:54pm PST 
I pick up the poop in the front and backyard, she still tries to sometimes eat it after she goes I don't, let her she is on a leash and I pick it up right away. On walks if there is other dogs poop she will try to eat it, but I normally don't let her sniff all over the grass cause it is like she will search for it. I have heard about the pineapple and have not tried it but might.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Miss Madhi (bless her), Mar 14 2:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Guess???

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:56pm PST 
What ever breeds she is mixed with she is sure to get adopted, she is the sweetest dog and has a great disposition she is calm for a puppysmile way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Deia *adopted *, Feb 25 5:56 pm

Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:52pm PST 
Deja my new foster puppy has a very bad nasty habit she tries to eat her own poop or other dogs poop. I am wondering if this is because she is on a very bad dog food (Purina)that is what the rescue gave us. Also she was a stray abandoned when she was a very little and am wondering if she ate her poop or other poop just to survive? Anything I can do to help this?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Miss Madhi (bless her), Mar 14 2:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Guess???
Deia- *adopted *

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 7:51am PST 
She weighs about 20 lbs and her tongue is a normal pink color. I did not even think of chow but now that you said it, I feel like I can see that in her face. We call her a lion cause she kind of looks like one.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Deia *adopted *, Feb 25 5:56 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.