Postings by Kohana

GO!

Akita > How to keep My white akita white!

Kohana

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 11:07am PST 
Thank you we are in love with her already! Thanks for the tips she's staying pretty white so far I'm just anticipating all this snow turning to mud and her not looking so clean smile we have a vet visit on Thursday so I'll make sure I ask about a good cleaning product for her.

So far she has done great we have only had her 3 days but she hasn't had any accidents she's great in the car, and in her kennel (she crys a bit when we leave but she's getting better everyday) and i really cant beleive how well behaved she is! so far the only real concerns I'm having are a) we are having a hard time with the leash. She plants her feet and refuses to be walked some where she doesn't want to go. We obviously don't tolerate it but I'm wondering if this is her being a stubborn pup or if she's purposefully challenging me. I know other dogs do this some times so I haven't been too worried but should I be? Then b) we are having a little difficulty with her toys she's verrrryyy mellow which suits us just fine but she hasn't shown a lot of interest in her toys. Does anyone remember what their Akita liked best when they were young? The only ones she really has showed and interest in are her plush supper soft toys but even those are pretty minimal interest she would muh rather snuggle with us or go for a walk.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 20 7:52 am

Akita > How to keep My white akita white!
Kohana

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:55pm PST 
Hi everyone I'd like to introduce Kohana the 9 week old akita! We live in Michigan and she is loving the snow right now smile so far she has adjusted beyond our wildest dreams but I am wondering if my beautiful white flower is going to stay white with out regular baths? i have read multiple time not to over bathe akitas cause its bad for their skin but Im not sure if i can use other techniques to keep her looking gorgeous? All suggestions are welcome and much appreciated smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 20 7:52 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.