Postings by Zoey

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Feeding Service Dogs in the Grocery Store
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 6:16pm PST 
that's great! I do hope you get more good days( and great days) and when you finish your book make sure to let me know I'd love to read it cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 25 7:30 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Feeding Service Dogs in the Grocery Store
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 4:18pm PST 
Feeding in a grocery store, no its wrong, but keep in mind "feeding" and "treating" are to different things. Treating is ok treats are small and would take less then 2 seconds for a dog or pup to eat, any big peaces are more like feeding and that should be done at home. plus i would never feed your treat my SD off of the floor, to me that's like saying eating food of the floor is ok, and its not.

we all should help put together a "book of etiquette" for new SD handlers and owner trainers( and have it be toldly FREE! I love free stuff XD ). being an owner trainer myself I wish I would have had one when I started Zoey's training. I started a Google drive doc I think I made it so anyone can edit, if you cant then just post or email me your email address so I can add you or just tell me what you want to add in an email and I will add it for you smile my email is casie.dogskillz@gmail.com and here is the link to the doc happy dance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mHnTMdHoPjtSOz9cVmZphAnIc xF9tb_tZ_h-XizjfUM/edit?usp=sharing
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 25 7:30 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > panda express...help

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Sun Dec 22, '13 9:59am PST 
I was in panda express yesterday and was ask to show my ID card for my service dog. I told him that I am not required by law to hold or show a card, and that there is no such card. But he keep asking... I want to send an email to panda express asking them to retrain there employs, I would like some help on how to go about this (ive never done it before) I would also like to show the law about there being no IDs for service dogs, but I cant seem to find it. I would love any help you can give.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Charlie Chaplin, Dec 23 12:21 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > We Passed the CGC!

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Tue Nov 19, '13 11:40am PST 
Congrats dog cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Nov 22 9:14 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Gum :p

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Fri Oct 18, '13 10:04am PST 
Ok so for the past week or so Zoey has gotten gum stuck on her paw two time!! My poor baby, I do not even know about it until I pick her up(witch i don't do very often) I just wondering if you guys have the same problem, and what you do to get it off... I know theres got to be a better way then just pulling it off, I know its got to hurt even thou Zoey is so good and does not seem to even care about me pulling at her paw cry
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Oct 18 3:09 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Introduction time~! Woof woof!
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 1:37pm PST 
Welcome! wave
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Oct 2 1:37 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Vest Choices

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 4:07pm PST 
Zoey so far has had two vests:
the first I used when I began her training, it was just a simple red cape with a zipper pocket on each side, it was big enough to carry some poop bags and her ID tags as I found the jingle they made on her collar annoing. The only thing I did not like about this vest, is that it sometimes sat cricket on her back, which irritated my OCD to no end, and the fact that it did not have a handle. I did not mind this at first but after having her vest now with a handle. I would never go back. You can find a picture of this fast on my profile.

Her second and current vest was inspired by Julius K-9. I love the fact that they had large pouches on each side, but unfortunately there vests/harnesses did not come in the size I needed(extra extra small) with the features I wanted, so I made it myself. of course it's not the quality of the Julius K-9 harnesses, but it serves its purpose well. I love the detachable pouches on each side. Although now I decided not to put my glucose test kit in her vasts. I don't need them that big anymore. Might also has the flashlight holder on each side, which I've only used 2 to 3 times in the past year.but like I said, I love the padded handle and would never use a vest/harness without a handle ever again. both of my vests have Velcro on their sides so that I can move patches around as I please.the picture of this vest can also be found on my profile.

it's been a year and a already plan on making a new vest that I think will suit my needs even more. Her new vest will have like I said, I found I only need a small pouch now to carry information oh brochures, emergency information for me, poop bags and her ID tags. I also went to have it. A light almost mesh/jersey material so that it is not too hot when it's summertime; and of course it will have a handle. I'm sure you'll find depending on your needs. What your dogs vest to have feature wise, examples would be a pouch(and what size), padded straps(or the option), a handle(what type handle a soft or a hard rigid handle), etc. I hope you'll find the perfect fast for you and your service dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by SIR AILBE, Service Dog, Oct 2 5:34 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hands off policy. No petting!

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 3:31pm PST 
Well I don't go to many places, mainly to church and maybe a quick trip to Walmart or other superstore, I rarely go out to eat. I know church is one place that service dogs don't have legal access, because of that I am very grateful to my church and do let people there pet Zoey, if they ask. luckily, most people there don't bug me scents I'm at church 2 to 3 times a week, and are used to seeing me and my dog. Most people that pet her play around with her are close friends so I don't really mind.I am very strict in wanting people to ask before petting her though, and will usually give them "the look" if they don't ask before petting her. I don't have the heart to say no, and it gives me more anxiety anyway to have someone mad at me. Although I do have a strict no petting policy went out in food stores or anywhere normal dogs are not allowed to go. On Zoey's new vest I'm making I plan on getting a large do not pet me, patch on the back. From what I've heard from other service dog owners on here. They don't help much, but I think it would help me in saying "no" to people who want to pet her, or are petting her.Because it does really bug me when people pet her. When she is working. One of the reasons why I do sometimes let people pet her is the fact that she quickly will focus back on me, if this ever became a problem where she couldn't focus back on me quickly like she does now. I would eliminate the petting altogether.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Oct 14 5:41 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > marking?

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 9:21am PST 
unforchenly I think Zoey has started marking confused if you had read my last post, Zoey was having a problem, she stopped out of the blue on walks to go potty (poo only) I now know that I unknowingly crated that behaver but I'm glad to say its no more happy dance ... well now (its only happen two time but I wish to stop it early) she does not stop but will slow down very slightly then pee. its not a lot of pee that's way I think she is marking. I also let her go potty before and after I got in to stores, and have nodied that most of the time she will just mark. I know this is a bad beaver for SDs and i want to stop it as soon as I can. please help, I'm trying to fix the behaver like I did with the pooping but it happens so quick I think I'm caching it to late... any help will be much apreshaed. also as a side note my mom's pet dog has also it doing this behaver could Zoey picked it up from that? thanks again and sorry for the poor spelling red face
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Sep 16 9:21 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > New here- introduction!
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 10:40pm PST 
welcome wave
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lucy Ribeiro, Sep 27 10:01 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.