Postings by Sir Snicker Doodle

GO!

Puppy Place > Too Sleepy?

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Snickers -- The Cutest- Little Moppet

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 6:37am PST 
My puppy will be 4 months on March 9th... When we brought him home he would sleep all the time with little bouts of energy. A few weeks later he started getting more active and playing as opposed to sleeping and then the teething stage came in. Snickers is back to sleeping a LOT with slightly longer bouts of play (compared to when he was new)... Is this normal for his age?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 28 6:37 am

Behavior & Training > House Breaking Tips
Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 6:44am PST 
Ps. I've read that Coton's aim to please their humans... so we give Snickers TONS of praise and lovin's when he's doing the right thing... rather than scolding him for the not so right stuff. Sometimes it's hard to remember that he's not even 3 1/2 months old yet! So little but I'm certain he will get the hang of it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 20 6:44 am

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 6:42am PST 
I think I might have figured out the "game"...

When Snickers runs to the door and is sniffing but runs away from me when I try to put the leash on him... he does NOT have to go outside. If he goes to the door and I come with the leash... he will sit patiently to put it on and then sits by the door and looks at the bells when I jingle them... then runs out the door.

We haven't had as many accidents in the last couple days... so we might be getting the hang of it.

He's already got Sit down fairly well. The crazy thing is that he already just sits and waits. But if he gets too eager I'll say UH UH and he'll back away and sit down. Trying this with biting me as well and it's working. Thanks for all the tips.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 20 6:44 am

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:43pm PST 
Thanks! We do have jingle bells on the door... maybe we need to get stronger ones cause they're kind of quiet. Sometimes he's just so quick at having accidents it happens before I can get the leash on him. And he likes to run away when I try to get him leashed to take him out.

We're pretty regular about taking him out after naps, before bed and when we notice him sniffing.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 20 6:44 am

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 4:48am PST 
Hey all my dogster furrends... I need some house breaking tips!

Snickers is 3 months old and he does pretty decent but we're still having accidents.

The thing is that everything is so new to him here we have a hard time distinguishing whether he's sniffing to explore or sniffing for a place to potty...

A lot of dogs (older) that I know of have signs they have to go out... but Snickers hasn't developed any of these. When we see him go for the door we take him out... but he doesn't make any vocalizations.

What can we do to help the house-breaking process easier so we have less pee-pee accidents inside?

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 20 6:44 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Is this legal?
Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:48am PST 
Very much so! I kept my distance because if that puppy went flying... he wouldn't stand a chance. I thought about calling the police -- non-emergency number and asking them. Maybe if I see the guy again I'll write down his license plate number and call it in. I couldn't imagine doing that with my dog!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 12 7:48 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Is this legal?

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 6:25am PST 
Say you're riding in the car with your person... and there's a truck in front of you with no gate but there's a decent sized dog running around in the back. The dog is jumping up on the sides and the back of the truck. It appears this dog has no tethering to the truck whatsoever...

Is this legal to do? I know it's definitely not safe.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Feb 12 7:48 am

Puppy Place > Leaving Puppy Alone

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:51am PST 
Woof... Good morning...

I almost 3 months old and I have spent all my time with Mommy and Daddy (And Grandma).

Mommy's schedule on tuesdays is weird... she works for an hour and half and then comes home for several hours and then goes back to work. She is talking about leaving me gated in the bathroom (With my bed, blanket and toys and the radio on to keep me company) for that hour and half and then before going back she would take me to Grandmas.

She says she wants me to be confident and get used to being left alone for a little while because she knows I can't go with her EVERYWHERE...

I guess Mommy's question is... Am I too young to be left alone for a little while? I did okay the first time she did it... we both cried a little... but I didn't have any accidents and I was happy to see her. And she said it would only be one day a week. That way she can come back and be with me until it's Grandma time!

Any thoughts? If I'm too young now... when would be a good time to start doing this?

Woof! Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 4 11:12 pm

Puppy Place > Full-time job and Puppy

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 9:26am PST 
Both my boyfriend and I work full time and we just got Snickers yesterday. Fortunately, I go in a little later so I will be responsible for puppy in the mornings. We are going to block him in the bathroom (It's small and the only floor that has tile in case of accidents) and I am coming home on my lunch breaks to check on him and take him out. My bf's mom has said she would puppy-sit during the day while we're gone but we're still trying to figure it out. I am hoping it works out... but feel free to add us if you'd like and we can figure it out together!

big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sir Snicker Doodle, Jan 26 9:26 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.