GO!

Sports & Agility > Issue with biting at hand during rally

Charlie

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:58pm PST 
Thanks! I will try lowering the value of the treat as well. The pouch seems to be working nicely also!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 8:58 pm

Charlie

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 9:03pm PST 
I picked up a pouch tonight and will give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 8:58 pm

Charlie

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 11:31am PST 
I have done rally in the past with one of my other dogs and she did amazing. I recently started rally with my flat-coated mix and she has been a struggle.

Throughout the session she reaches for and tries biting at my hand for the treat. She. Will not fully focus on my commands and almost seems frantic at times while trying to bite for my hand.

I have tried telling her off, 'NO', ouch, but she continues to do it.

Any suggestions?smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 8:58 pm

Sports & Agility > Boots for dogs

Charlie

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 11:27am PST 
Musher's secret is amazing! We take our dog trail riding with our horses in the deep snow and her paws were actually starting to crack and bleed! So we bought a jar Of Musher's secret from our vet and we have not had any problems since!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 10 11:27 am

Dog Health > Experience with allergy tests?

Charlie

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 11:23am PST 
The skin test is usually less expensive than the blood test, but it can actually 'prime' your dog to further allergic responses. The blood test is done outside the body so it will not prime your dogs body for future responses and you can avoid those potential allergens. The blood test can also test for the levels of IgE's in your dogs blood which will tell you how prone your dog is to allergies, the more IgE's the more prone your dog will be. We went with the blood test and found it to be very beneficial and have since been able to avoid any allergic outbreak in our pupsmile

Hope that helps!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 22 2:42 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.