Postings by Queen Belladonna PSDiT

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Service & Therapy Dogs > What Breed to Get?
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Aug 23, '14 9:01pm PST 
You might look into a lab mix. My husband and I both have SDiTs they are brother and sister German Shepherd Lab mixes. Last year when they were vaccinated they were 68 pounds for Tank the male and 58 pounds for Bella the female. I know that sounds a bit big but they are hard working dogs and love to work.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 13 7:31 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Should I "wash out" my SDit
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '14 9:24pm PST 
My husband and I both have SDiTs. Ours are brother and sister lab german shepherd mixes and where the male 90+ pound Tank has been in training longer and normally behaves better than his 70 pound sister Bella we take the two of them to events like independent wrestling shows, local festivals and carnivals and trips to the mall. We also have the law that gives SDiTs the same access as fully trained ones. We have had to cut back on their training because of my husband's PTSD, Agoraphobia and his balance issues and my own issues as well as my schooling we havent had much time to do a lot of training. I cant find a trainer around here that uses the same training methods that we do which is positive reinforcement training. We normally take the dogs to stores and such as well as I took Bella with me to school a couple times and she did well but we found that she doesnt like going up and down on elevators because they scare her a little. Whatever problems you are having be patient, It may take time but you and your dog can work through each thing in time.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 23 4:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Intense and New Fear of Fireworks

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Tue May 27, '14 7:02pm PST 
Have you considered getting a Thundershirt for her? When my husband and I got Bella she was so afraid of her crate and going for car rides that she would whine and cry the whole time when she wasnt throwing up in the car. We bought a Thundershirt for her and put it on her. The first night she wore it to sleep in her crate and she slept the whole night through. Now the only time she wears her Thundershirt is during the weeks leading up to the 4th of July. What I did was put it on her about 10 minutes before putting Bella to bed then put her in her crate and closed the crate door and latched it. She slept wonderfully that night and now as I say only needs her Thundershirt the last few weeks in June through the 4th of July fireworks.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Millie, May 28 8:07 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Bella went to school.

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Fri Feb 7, '14 11:22am PST 
Yesterday I had to give a speech for one of my classes and Bella was a part of the "personality box" part of the speech. Since I didnt have time to drive home and drop her off at home and run back to school and get something to eat I just kept her at school with me. I bumped into the dean of students and he gave me permission to work with her and since it was so cold she was allowed to go to class with me. She was AMAZING! While we were in class she laid down under the table and went to sleep with her head on my foot. She would wake up now and then to check on me but then went right back to sleep. I could feel my stress levels being a lot lower than normal. While we were in the student union she did alert me to a couple spikes in my stress levels and she even snapped me out of whatever thoughts were going through my head. I was eating and looking out the window. I guess she thought I had gone too long without blinking or without taking a deep breath because she nudged my arm with her nose. When I didnt respond she licked the inside of my wrist until I looked at her and started petting her. She waited until I gave her permission to get up in my lap before she put her paws in my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. Then after she was sure I was alright she dropped down and laid down on the floor beside me and watched the people with me.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Feb 7 11:22 am

Dog Health > Why would Bella be shaking her head? Its a new behavior, will be calling the vet tomorrow.

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 4:15pm PST 
Bella has an appointment with the vet for Friday to get her ear looked at.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 15 5:30 pm

Dog Health > Why would Bella be shaking her head? Its a new behavior, will be calling the vet tomorrow.
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 4:14am PST 
@Flicka I will be calling the vet today and she will be going in to get checked. Our vet would rather you have an appointment so I have to set one up. Little Garnet is due for her shots the 22nd of this month and will get the 3 year. I also will be getting my males all neutered this year. Tank will be the first one to get neutered. But as soon as I can call the vet I will set up the appointment and get Bella in.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 15 5:30 pm

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 7:12pm PST 
When I crated Bella last night she shook her head several times like she had a fly buzzing her nose. She woke me up by shaking her head this morning and hitting her ears against the side of her crate. I got her out of the crate and checked her ears her left one is red and looks like she has been pawing at it. I noticed that she has been licking her paws a lot too. Not chewing at them but licking them. She is very healthy otherwise but this head shake thing is something new and worries me a little. I will be calling her vet tomorrow between classes. I have to be at school at 11:00 for my first class and then have 3 hours to do nothing till my next class at 3:00. She has a 12 foot by 24 foot by 6 foot kennel run that she is in while she is outside and has access to the garage for shelter. I just hope that she isnt getting sick on me all of the sudden. I will also have her shots updated even though she isnt due to get them done again until April and I will have the vet do the 3 year rabies shot. There is no smell coming from her ear nor is there any sticky hair around her ear. She doesnt have the GSD ears she has the lab ears so they hang down.Any help will be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 15 5:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hypotheticaly could a Cane Corso make a good Therapy Dog?

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 6:45pm PST 
We cant afford to move again. The place we moved to right about the time I started school we are buying and with the contract we are under basically if we move out before we pay the house off fully we have to pay the people we are buying it off of for the cost of clean up and anything that they have to do to fix anything that we should happen to damage.I am not sure about why this pit breeder has "goliath" the Cane pup but at least he realized that because he works a lot and his wife just had a baby not long ago he was not being fair to "goliath" by not having time to properly play with him or train him. His pits are fine looking dogs they dont look overly scary to me but then again I used to own pits myself. I will still have to make the time between eating,studying, cooking and cleaning house to work with my dogs. I know that when the time comes for me to add a cane to my family I will be looking for a blue brindle because I love the look of brindle dogs. The first pit bull I owned was a big red brindle then I had a reverse brindle and an apricot brindle. Garnet and Blaize are both brindles as well. But again I wouldnt know where to look for a GOOD cane breeder in or around Indiana. I have a feeling that when "goliath" comes home in two weeks I am gonna see a lot of him because his owner lives two doors down from us where the DA pit bull Face lives.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 23 8:02 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hypotheticaly could a Cane Corso make a good Therapy Dog?

Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Thu Jan 9, '14 5:00am PST 
I know that some breeds are less scarey looking and better suited for Therapy work but I was wondering if a Cane Corso would make a good Therapy dog. I dont own one and although I would love to have one I wouldnt know where to go to get one anyway. I have always wanted to do therapy work but the dog I had that I wanted to use as a Therapy Dog,my husky Maggie,was diagnosed with brain cancer and had seizures so she couldnt do the therapy work. I know that Cane Corsos were bred to be guard dogs but can they be taught to be gentle friendly loving dogs that might make a good therapy dog? I am only asking this hypothetically of course.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Mar 23 8:02 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Want to help a SD team and get a cool shirt out of it?
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

Barked: Sat Dec 21, '13 12:38pm PST 
If I had the extra cash I would buy one. I think its cute and very witty. I have had days when I was out with my SDiT Bella and not wanted to be bothered because either I didnt feel like taking the time to deal with the constant 'can I pet your dog, why do you have the dog,or you dont need that dog with you.' comments or I have been in a major hurry to get in get my shopping done or whatever I am doing done and not had the time to deal with people.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queen Belladonna PSDiT, Dec 21 12:38 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.