Postings by Mabel

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Suggest Some Durable Chewies

Mabel

Go Get 'Em

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:11am PST 
Here is what I did to make some great chew toys! I tied knots in some old rope and Mabel just loved to play with it! I also cut up a pair of old jeans and stuffed some pillow stuffing inside to make durable plush toys for Ciaran. Peyton's favorite is an empty water bottle filled with beans. It rattles and he loves to crunch it! Roy's favorite toy is a sock filled with pillow stuffing and sewn up. These aren't really tasty treats, but they are cheap and durable chew toys!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 18 9:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Skinny Boston can he eat puppy food at age 6 years?
Mabel

Go Get 'Em

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:04am PST 
If this dog is underweight, it would probably be a smart idea to visit a veterinarian. If the dog is emaciated, begin increasing the amount of food he is eating slowly. If the dog is underweight, try feeding three small meals per day. If the dog is only midly underweight, just switch to a canned food. Make sure the dog is drinking enough, no matter what condition he is in. Once the dog is at an ideal weight, you can put the dog back on it's regular feeding schedule.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Dec 1 11:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Is Canola Oil safe/healthy for dogs?

Mabel

Go Get 'Em

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 3:57am PST 
I give my dogs canola oil to keep their coats healthy and shiny. Along with a good quality food, weekly brushing, a good quality shampoo, and regular vet checkups, their coats look fantastic!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Mar 21 11:24 am

Food & Nutrition > Food recommendation following bladder stone removal

Mabel

Go Get 'Em

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 3:52am PST 
It is best to ask a vet what the best diet for your dog would be. He should also be on long-term antibiotic therapy. Make sure your dog gets plenty of fresh water. I recommend testing your water for high concentrations of minerals. It's a good idea to mix canned food in with your dog's dry food to provide more moisture. I also recommend walking your dog frequently to encourage frequent urination. Have his urine tested frequently. Vitamin supplements are another good idea for a dog with bladder stones. You can even give your pup cranberry juice! Salmon oil is another good option.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Jace, Dec 5 9:48 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.