Postings by Piper

GO!

Contests and Vote For Me! > Please vote for Piper as the nation's Dirtiest Dog to Benefit Dogs in Need

Piper

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:07pm PST 
Please vote for me at www.gsroc.org

I am thankful to be alive and want my canine cousins to spend the holidays in a loving home instead of a cold shelter. I owe my life to the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County (GSROC), who rescued me from a Los Angeles shelter last year. Now I am giving back by competing in the Dirty Dog Contest for the Grand Prize of $5,000 for GSROC and the distinction of the nation’s “Dirtiest Dog”. GSROC hopes to use the grant to provide care and comfort to other German Shepherd Dogs abandoned in Los Angeles area shelters this holiday season.

I was a very sick and abused puppy when I was dragged into the shelter on a rope and left behind. I suffered from an alarming but treatable skin condition, bacterial infections of the skin and ears, and pneumonia. I was also painfully terrified of people, cowering from even the gentlest human touch. Dogs with this combination of traits do not fare well in the overcrowded shelters, so my outlook was bleak.

GSROC heard of my plight, bailed me out of the shelter and rushed me to a veterinary hospital, where I received 24/7 care for 30 days. The cost of my care was over $8,000, which was funded by generous donations to GSROC.

My mommy Christine nursed me through my recovery. “It took almost a year for Piper to get a clean bill of health,” says Christine. “Now that she is happy and healthy, Piper wants to win this contest as a thank you to the rescue that saved her life so that more lives can be saved.”

Please vote for me daily through Friday, November 23, 2012 at www.GSROC.org.

The German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity organization dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and re-homing purebred German Shepherd Dogs that have nowhere else to turn. GSROC is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff, funded entirely by private donations. Dogs are housed in foster homes and private boarding facilities while they await adoption. Visit www.GSROC.org to adopt a rescued dog, to volunteer, or to donate.

The “Dirty Dog Contest” is sponsored by Wahl Home Products, specializing in grooming tools and supplies www.wahl.com, and the Petfinder Foundation, a leading organization dedicated to helping homeless animals across the country. www.petfinderfoundation.com
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Piper, Nov 19 6:07 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescue Dog “Gets Dirty” to Benefit Canines In Need
Piper

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:04pm PST 
I am thankful to be alive and want my canine cousins to spend the holidays in a loving home instead of a cold shelter. I owe my life to the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County (GSROC), who rescued me from a Los Angeles shelter last year. Now I am giving back by competing in the Dirty Dog Contest for the Grand Prize of $5,000 for GSROC and the distinction of the nation’s “Dirtiest Dog”. GSROC hopes to use the grant to provide care and comfort to other German Shepherd Dogs abandoned in Los Angeles area shelters this holiday season.

I was a very sick and abused puppy when I was dragged into the shelter on a rope and left behind. I suffered from an alarming but treatable skin condition, bacterial infections of the skin and ears, and pneumonia. I was also painfully terrified of people, cowering from even the gentlest human touch. Dogs with this combination of traits do not fare well in the overcrowded shelters, so my outlook was bleak.

GSROC heard of my plight, bailed me out of the shelter and rushed me to a veterinary hospital, where I received 24/7 care for 30 days. The cost of my care was over $8,000, which was funded by generous donations to GSROC.

My mommy Christine nursed me through my recovery. “It took almost a year for Piper to get a clean bill of health,” says Christine. “Now that she is happy and healthy, Piper wants to win this contest as a thank you to the rescue that saved her life so that more lives can be saved.”

Please vote for me daily through Friday, November 23, 2012 at www.GSROC.org.

The German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity organization dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and re-homing purebred German Shepherd Dogs that have nowhere else to turn. GSROC is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff, funded entirely by private donations. Dogs are housed in foster homes and private boarding facilities while they await adoption. Visit www.GSROC.org to adopt a rescued dog, to volunteer, or to donate.

The “Dirty Dog Contest” is sponsored by Wahl Home Products, specializing in grooming tools and supplies www.wahl.com, and the Petfinder Foundation, a leading organization dedicated to helping homeless animals across the country. www.petfinderfoundation.com
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Piper, Nov 19 6:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.