Postings by Lilly

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Raw Food Diet > elevated liver enzymes
Lilly

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '14 12:56pm PST 
Hello everyone,
I'm really freaking out right now. Yesterday at 4pm my brother came home from work and my dog, Lilly, a 4 year old miniature schnauzer greeted him. She was completely normal. He actually said she seemed happier then normal to see him. I got home at 730, when I walked in and she didnt run up the steps to see me I knew something was wrong. I went downstairs and she was very lethargic, weak, and felt warm. She was breathing heavy and there was three different piles of throw up. She started to drink ALOT of water, which she immediately threw up. I tool her right to Veterinary hospital. The doctor checked her out and seemed concerned and said they needed to keep her.I still havent slept a wink. The doctor called this morning and said her liver enzymes were extremely elevated (I forget which enzyme it was) She said there was also fluid around the liver. She couldnt tell me what was causing it. Lilly is now being send to their other hospital for a cat scan. Please help me if you have any experience on this. Doctor said her symptoms were much better from last night. She is on a raw food diet and has been for two years. I initially thought she perforated her bowel with a bone and was becoming septic because it seemed to happen after she ate her chicken thigh
Thanks,
Amy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 2 8:31 pm

Dog Health > elevated liver enzymes
Lilly

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '14 12:52pm PST 
Hello everyone,
I'm really freaking out right now. Yesterday at 4pm my brother came home from work and my dog, Lilly, a 4 year old miniature schnauzer greeted him. She was completely normal. He actually said she seemed happier then normal to see him. I got home at 730, when I walked in and she didnt run up the steps to see me I knew something was wrong. I went downstairs and she was very lethargic, weak, and felt warm. She was breathing heavy and there was three different piles of throw up. She started to drink ALOT of water, which she immediately threw up. I tool her right to Veterinary hospital. The doctor checked her out and seemed concerned and said they needed to keep her.I still havent slept a wink. The doctor called this morning and said her liver enzymes were extremely elevated (I forget which enzyme it was) She said there was also fluid around the liver. She couldnt tell me what was causing it. Lilly is now being send to their other hospital for a cat scan. Please help me if you have any experience on this. Doctor said her symptoms were much better from last night. She is on a raw food diet and has been for two years. I initially thought she perforated her bowel with a bone and was becoming septic because it seemed to happen after she ate her chicken thigh
Thanks,
Amy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Jul 27 3:29 pm

Raw Food Diet > Allergy

Lilly

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 6:59am PST 
Actually I'm not sure if its the food. How would I treat her if it is just environmental?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Feather, Apr 24 6:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Allergy

Lilly

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 5:45pm PST 
Thank yousmile Chicken is my staple. Do you have any suggestion on what I should replace that with.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Feather, Apr 24 6:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Allergy

Lilly

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 2:31pm PST 
Hi everyone. I've been feeding my dog the raw diet for 6 months. I feed her a half chicken thigh in the am and at night I give her ground meat. The ground meat is a mixture of three different meats: beef, chicken, tripe or lamb, turkey, and chicken. I order this from a co-op in my neighborhood. She is allergic to something but I don't know which meat it is. I heard from a vet that they are actually allergic to the protein in the meat. I just ordered 30 days worth of the ground meat. Is there a meat that dogs tend to be allergic to. I don't know how to begin to figure out which meat or meats are causing her allergy. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Amy
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Feather, Apr 24 6:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Is it enough?
Lilly

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 4:15pm PST 
Hi everyone. So my 17 lb miniature schnauzer is getting about 0.36 pounds a day. I cut it down to two portions. I give one in the morning and one in the evening. I'm part of a local co op and get a mixture of GROUND chicken, lamb, and turkey. This mixture includes 10% bone and 10% organ. My question is about portion. There is such a small amount. She gets it down in seconds and then looks at me like, "more please". She is constantly begging for food. I know dogs tend to do that but she is extreme! I know this is partly our fault because we have given her table scraps. I just feel like its not enough. Like I said she is done both meals within seconds, a couple bites.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mr. Jake the Beagle, Dec 20 11:45 pm

Raw Food Diet > Help

Lilly

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 2:42pm PST 
Hi everyone, I have a question which is not related to raw feeding. I'm putting it here because I feel we all want the very best for our dogs. If you would like me to move the conversations that is fine. So my dog has had issues with fleas since I've gotten her. It's not an infestation. The most I've ever found on here is 3 fleas. The only thing that has been effective was advantage and that only worked for 2 weeks. My issue with that is that it can be very harmful. It's a toxic agent and I don't want to apply month after month. My vet says it completely safe, but my research begs to differ. I've recently tried diatomaceous earth, which I heard nothing but great reviews. That didn't work either ( althought I don't think I left it down long enough). Can anyone give me suggestions on more natural ways to get rid of them once and for all. I want my dog to live a long healthly, vet free life and I don't feel like commercial flea meds will contribute to that. Feeding Raw was a huge step in that direction, I don't want to go backwards
Thanks
Amy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Dec 5 4:21 pm

Raw Food Diet > Itchy, itchy, itchy:(

Lilly

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 3:21pm PST 
I've had my dog on the raw diet for 9 days now. She has always had issues with being itchy, which got better with the start of the new diet. For the past two days the insane itching has started again. She has been getting nothing but chicken. I was at family member house for thanksgiving and she got into their dog food, but not much at all. Could a small amount of dog food do this to her? Or is she possibly allergic to chicken? And what is my next step after the chicken? Should I move onto turkey, beef, or pork?
Thanks,
Amy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, Nov 24 4:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > I'm nervous

Lilly

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 4:38pm PST 
We are on day 4 of the raw diet. I've given her chicken wings and chicken thighs. I don't know if I'm giving her enough or too much. Is she getting all the nutrients that she needs? Should I supplement her with something else? I found myself constantly watching her and worried that she is developing E. coli infection. How likely is that to happen? How can I trust that this is the best thing for my dog? Ahhhhh I'm nervousfrown
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 10:20 pm

Raw Food Diet > New to Raw feeding
Lilly

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 1:19pm PST 
Thank you for responding. I got her chicken thighs and took skin and fat off.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lilly, Nov 18 1:19 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.