GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > My dog isn't terribly bright?
Scooter

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 8:31am PST 
I will cut down on the training session length, thank you for the idea. Scooter also cowers and cries if one of my other dogs show any sign of dominance over him. He will sit in a corner cowering or crying if they growl at him. He calms down once comforted.

I also found out last night that feather dusters scare him.

At halloween I put on a wig and he didn't know who I was until I took it off. He ran away from me party
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 5:27 pm

Scooter

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 5:25pm PST 
He is 18 months. He normally just gets Nylabon or other bones of that nature to chew on. He is obssessed with them. He can sit for hours and just chew.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 5:27 pm

Scooter

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 4:18pm PST 
My caviler King Charles Spaniel, Scooter, does not seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. He is a total love bug, and adores everyone and everything.

He hardly ever barks, the few times he has it has been non-moving objects he thinks are a threat, such as: A paper bag, a new dog toy, a dog barking on TV, the trash can,Christmas reindeer....and of course the Christmas tree. He barked at that for a few days.

He spends his time walking around licking everything, chews up anything he can get his mouth on. I'm still working on his training, we spend at least half an hour every other day, but it just does not seem like the commands are making any sense to him. He cannot be unsupervised.

He is afraid of the rain as well, and cries as though he is in pain when his paws get cold in the snow. He is a sensitive boy. I actually felt bad and got him a sweater and dog boots.

He does seem to pick up on facial expressions more than words though. When he does something wrong I don't even say anything, I just narrow my eyes at him and he knows what he was doing was bad.

My vet said the breed is just laid back, and scooter is the most laid back dog I have ever owned. He acts more like a cat then a dog. My kitten acts more like a dog then scooter does.

I've never owned a dog who seems to be lacking common sense before.

I love him to death, and wouldn't trade him for anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 5:27 pm

Puppy Place > My 9 month old puppy has major potty training issues. No clue what to do.

Scooter

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 4:21pm PST 
I actually walk him around the yard, he sniffs and then sits, then we move to another spot. He plays non stop with the other puppy which normally causes him to go right away. As of yesterday he peed as soon as he went outside. Today he won't even do that. I'm wondering if it's a battle of wills.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 10:44 pm

Puppy Place > My 9 month old puppy has major potty training issues. No clue what to do.

Scooter

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 3:21pm PST 
My 9 month old Caviler King Charles Spaniel, Scooter, is still not potty trained at 9 months old. He knows that "Go potty" means to go outside and go. Lately he has been peeing outside and pooping, but as soon as he comes in the house he poops on the floor. Today he has refused to eliminate outside at all. I took him out for twenty mins each time. He sits in the grass and refuses to go. As soon as we come in the house he goes on the floor. His behavior seems to have become worse in the past month, since my mom got an American Eskimo puppy.

I don't think he is jealous of her. They seem to be best friends. The American Eskimo is hardly having accidents anymore, but Scooter is having more.

My parents are at their wits end with my boy, and I hate to admit Im frustrated with him.

I don't know how to correct this behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 10:44 pm

Puppy Place > Having two puppies at the same time
Scooter

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 8:25am PST 
I have a 9 month old Caviler King Charles puppy. My mom has a 4 month old American Eskimo puppy. Individually they behave wonderfully, besides typical puppy behavior. I live with my parents so both pups live in the same house.

They seem to be inseparable at times. My other two dogs are 6 and 10 years old, and are typically annoyed when either puppy tries to play with them. When the see each other they run right up to each other. Then it's at least two hours of rough and tumble play. They get into everything imaginable. They have toys in every corner of the house, but they prefer the things they are not supposed to chew. We have puppy proofed, but They always seem to find something to get into.

They follow each other like they are stuck together. After hours of play we normally put them in them in the same crate to rest. They curl up together and rest for about an hour or two. They are crated seperatly when nobody is home, their crates are right next to each other. Then they are back at playing. My family has never had two puppies at the same time before, nor two dogs that seem so attached to each other. Growing up all of our dogs were at least four years apart.

The Eskie loves pulling on my Caviler's ears and tail. He tries to return the favor but ends up with a mouthful of fur.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 3:53 pm

Small Dogs > Coat question about a Caviler King Charles Spaniel

Scooter

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 12:08pm PST 
I did alot of research before bringing my Caviler home, but never thought to look up how long it takes for the coat to grow out. My pup is eight months old, and looks quite funny. He is lanky as be begins to fill out, with various sections of fur longer than others. I was wondering how long it normally takes for a cavilers coat to grow out? I looked it up online and read anywhere from 1.5 to 3 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 27 9:04 am

Puppy Place > My mom's American Eskimo pup is dominate over my Caviler pup?

Scooter

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 4:14am PST 
Thanks! I've never had two dog's so close in age before, so thought the behavior was normal for two puppies. I have a 5 year old poodle that puts Snowy in her place constantly. She won't let her get away with anything. If the pups get to rough playing my poodle growls and breaks them up. She will not let Snowy take anything from her, nor jump all over her if she does not want to play. Snowy gets pinned if she is to rough with my poodle.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 26 6:28 am

Puppy Place > My mom's American Eskimo pup is dominate over my Caviler pup?

Scooter

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:20pm PST 
Around September of last year I brought home my Caviler puppy, Scooter. He is now eight months old. With the loss of her dog a few weeks ago, my mom brought home an American Eskimo puppy, Snowy. The pups hit it off pretty well and love sleeping together.

I'm not sure if it's really a problem, but Snowy dominates Scooter. Scooter is so layed back I don't think he has it in him to be aggressive or be dominate. Snowy steals bones and treats right out of his mouth, and he just stares at her. During play she growls and pulls on his ears/tail and face. He has cried out like she hurt him a couple of times. He doesn't seem phased by it at all. Scooter really has nothing to grab on her but her coat.

I feel bad for Scooter. Still a baby and already a girl has him wrapped around her paw.

Scooter is just a lovebug, and wants everyone to love him. I've never had a dog before that doesn't seem to get jealous or even care .
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 6:28 am

Dog Health > My puppy has a puppy tooth that didn't fall out, but the adult tooth has come in
Scooter

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 12:31pm PST 
Thanks everyone! I called my vet and they told me to wait a couple of weeks. My pup , Scooter, has already been neutered. He lost his boy parts a few weeks ago. I didn't notice the tooth then. I
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 6 4:59 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.