GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Pomeranian > Beautiful Pom we found roaming in the street today! :(
Coco

My heroine is- Coco Chanel. - She gets it.

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 11:22pm PST 
Do you know he was never claimed?! Nobody ever called animal control for him (we checked daily), ever answered our calls on the 2 posters we put up, and nobody from the neighborhood knew him (DH and I visited several houses and my daughter visited a few others). We communicated with Tiny Tails Rescue which is a well-respected rescue in my state that works with the animal control in my city. They took him, neutered him, and placed him in a home with a couple who had just lost their dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 11:22 pm

Pomeranian > Introducing Grizwold aka 'The Griz', our newest addition!
Coco

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 3:52pm PST 
Oh my goodness, how cute!! I am not a Pom professional since we only have our Coco, and she is just a year, but to me, I would think Grizwold looks like a Wolf Sable. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, which in all likelihood I am, but in Googling pictures, that's what he looks like to me. That is actually my very favorite color Pom!

My advice would be to start training early but be consistent. It took Coco about 45 seconds to learn to sit, lay down, crawl, etc., but after she learned it, we kind of stopped training her to do it, and she isn't as well trained now as she was as a pup! I would also get him accustomed to being groomed as early as possible because you will need to comb him out often to keep him from getting matted, etc. We taught Coco "Sit still" and "bow" to get her to be still while we put a bow on her, and she actually likes being brushed out now.

Good luck and keep those pictures coming!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 14 9:04 pm

Pomeranian > Pomeranian flat long hair?

Coco

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 12:13pm PST 
I had gone back and forth over this question in my mind, wondering vaguely if Coco was as full coated as other poms, whether she was as pretty, etc....and then today my daughter picked up a stray male pom, and all my questions were answered: Coco is definitely ugly! smile He is an intact male, so maybe he's a beautiful champion used for breeding or something which would explain his beautiful coat and his flatter little face and his perfectly shaped round head, but I suspect no, he is just a normal fluffy pom and she is a poorly bred stringy haired, beaky pom. It doesn't surprise me really from what my daughter told me of the breeder she got her from, but honestly, she is so tiny I thought we might have just gotten lucky, but he is definitely a few pounds bigger than she is and it just seems to make him look even better. But oh well, Coco is a cute little spayed pet, and we love her. smile

Coco and her favorite toy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 25 12:13 pm

Pomeranian > Beautiful Pom we found roaming in the street today! :(

Coco

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 11:13am PST 
My daughter was driving today down a quasi-residential/quasi-back road and there was a Pomeranian running in the middle of the street. He is colored just like our Coco, but he has obviously been groomed recently and is a couple pounds bigger and has the beautiful full fluffball coat we have wished Coco had (minus his stickers!). We took him to the vet, and he didn't chip (he isn't neutered either) which surprised me because his teeth and toenails are well kept. We have called Animal Control and posted our info (they didn't ask for a picture of him) so who knows.

Besides Coco, we already have a pug and an elderly Cavalier, so we can't keep him, but surely someone will claim him because he is obviously cared for. Do you think there is anything I should do to make sure someone doesn't fraudulently claim him from reading the ads? There are no marks or anything that I can see.

Lost Boy

All smiles
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 11:22 pm

Pomeranian > Uglies? Undercoat?

Coco

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 4:27pm PST 
Let's see if this image is more postable... http://files.dogster.com/pix/dogs/62/1250862/1250862_1365204273.jpg
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 23 9:40 pm

Coco

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 4:18pm PST 
Just in case someone ever follows this thread, I thought I'd post a picture of Coco at 1 year. We still have not had her professionally groomed, but this is her right after a bath and blow drying. Looks like we still needed to comb her out, but you can at least see how much her coat has grown since these early pictures. I am told it will still grow until she's a couple of years, so I'll try to post another picture if it grows out more or we get her groomed. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Ad3650/Furbabies/IMG_2777.jpg
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 23 9:40 pm

Pomeranian > Is my dog a pure pomeranian or a pomsky

Coco

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 9:00am PST 
Because of her size (26 to 50 pounds), I'd be inclined to think she isn't a pure bred pomeranian. What she is mixed with, husky or something else, I couldn't say. Either way, she is so pretty! Those markings are very unusual, and I think very lovely!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 4:17 pm

Coco

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 6:20pm PST 
Everyone was so helpful in this thread and I thought someone might bump into it later and wonder how it all turned out, so here's a picture of Coco now. She is 6 months and 2 weeks old and was spayed about 10 days ago. It seems that her coat is a lot prettier now, though still pretty scraggly on her head.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Ad3650/Furbabies/?act ion=view¤t=IMG_6375_2.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs5.phot obucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy193%2FAd3650%2FFurbabies%2F%3Faction%3Dview% 26current%3DIMG_6375_2.jpg
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 23 9:40 pm

Pomeranian > New pup won't go outside.

Coco

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 8:50pm PST 
With our Cavalier who was reluctant to do anything outside, we would feed him, crate him, and then take him outside when we knew he had to do his business. Then we would put a matchstick gently into his anus (not deep, of course), and he would always immediately poop. We would praise him like crazy, and eventually he got used to it. I know this sounds really weird, but Google it...it's a real training method, promise. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 11:54 pm

Pomeranian > grooming help?
Coco

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 7:58pm PST 
My pup Coco is now 4 months old, and she will jump up in my lap to be brushed or combed. At first, though, she hated it, and after bathing her if I tried to blow dry her, she would growl and cry and even tried to bite at the blow dryer. What solved this problem for me was after bathing her, I would cuddle her and stand in front of an oscillating fan combing her and feed her little treats. The big fan dried her quickly and with both of my hands free to cuddle her, it was much less traumatic and in fact she seems to think of me and the comb as a comfort, a "rescuer" from the big scary fan.

I also have an elderly Cavalier, and he has arthritis and is persnickety and cries and is so miserable that I can't take him to the groomer any more. Instead, I have the vet shave him down completely while he is under anesthesia getting his teeth cleaned. It's much easier on us both. smile

I am also curious when we are supposed to start taking them to the groomer. Coco is in the midst of her uglies right now, so it seems like it would be a big waste of money.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 29 9:27 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.