Postings by Abby

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > *sigh* All these weird technical problems are getting annoying :(
Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '14 4:12pm PST 
I know the picture uploader has been really temperamental for a long time. About 6 months ago I created a page for my new (second) dog, Lucy. Back then I was unable to upload the pictures and then sometime later by sheer luck it worked.

Well, now I'm having trouble again. And the reason I'm trying to add new pics to her profile is because the ones that were originally there are now gone and replaced by pics of a CAT! I don't even have a cat so I have no idea how they got there. Does anyone know how such a thing could happen??? At first I wondered if someone hacked into my account and changed the pictures (although the keywords were the same; just the images were different). But my other dog Abby's page is completely fine, so I'm not leaning in that direction.

I was able to delete 2 of the pictures and the third stayed since it's listed as the "primary image." I'm trying to upload Lucy's pics back again so I can delete that other cat picture, but I'm getting the stupid "Dang! There was a problem reading the file" error message again. And underneath it I see ""Could not open /var/log/doster/www.dogster.com"

This is really frustrating. It almost makes me want to just take down my dogs' profiles and leave. frown Which stinks because again my one dog's page is fine, I just hate seeing the other one all messed up... *sigh*
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Webster, Dec 8 11:58 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Can't add pics to my dogster page
Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '14 3:09pm PST 
I was having trouble with this myself for a while when I added my new dog Lucy's page. Finally the pictures worked. However, I'm now having a different problem. I went to her profile and noticed that all her pictures had been replaced with those of a CAT. I don't even have a cat. I have no idea how those pics got there. I did delete two of them and the primary picture is still up.

I just contacted support, but I highly doubt I'll get a reply since they never replied to me about the photo upload issue. *sigh* Anyone here have any idea what might be wrong?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Webster, Dec 8 11:49 pm

Treeing Walker Coonhound > Trouble teaching to Come

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 3:24pm PST 
What a cool mix your dog is. smile Unfortunately coonhounds (and pretty much all scenthounds) have selective hearing if they're on a scent. If they're tracking a scent when you call them, they'll ignore you. I had a purebred beagle before Abby, my 1 1/2 year old Treeing Walker/Beagle mix. She was the same way and Abby definitely likes to ignore me if she's busy sniffing something or exploring outside. They're very determined and driven.

This probably isn't the best way to do it, but most of these dogs are food motivated. Once in a while, Abby will come in when I tell her "come", but sometimes I have to promise her (or show her) a cookie or peanut butter, her favorite snack. That usually gets her to come. She also loves going for walks, so I will show her the leash and that will get her to come. Anything that your dog loves or excites him - a favorite snack or toy - try showing him that and saying "come"... soon he'll learn to associate it with that.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abby, Jul 8 3:24 pm

Treeing Walker Coonhound > Aggressive Chewing

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 3:18pm PST 
That sounds like my dog. I have an old bedspread on top of my bed and when she likes to sleep with me, and she likes to dig at the bedspread (I'll try to cover it with an outer blanket to protect it). She's ripped it open and taken some of the stuffing out. I know coonhounds can be destructive if they're bored, but maybe you've got something there about the nesting. She really does love to nest. She's also very young, she's only going to be 2 years old in a few months. She has calmed quite a bit from last year though, I guess she is maturing. She still likes to rip up her toys sometimes though, and take the stuffing out of them. There are a few that she respects, hoping that will last. LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abby, Jul 8 3:18 pm

Treeing Walker Coonhound > Help - nothing in my house is safe

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 2:44pm PST 
I know this was posted a few years ago, but I was wondering if you ever got any good advice? I have the same problem with my dog. She's a little over a year old and is a Treeing Walker/Beagle mix (also a rescue). She loves to chew, and not just her own toys. At one point I had to run upstairs to get something and left her alone for a few mins. When I came back down, she'd taken a throw pillow off the couch, ripped it open and took all the stuffing out! I scold her and she knows she did wrong - she hangs her head and looks really guilty. Strangely enough, she doesn't seem to get destructive when she's home alone, only when someone's here with her but not on the same level of the house with her. Any tips to curb this destructive chewing?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jackson, Wed 3:16 am

Behavior & Training > Mouthing and Jumping
Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 10:51am PST 
My Abby is a 1 year old Treeing Walker Coonhound/Beagle (with perhaps a bit of Greyhound thrown in) mix. She jumps up on us a lot, especially when she's in a really playful mood or when we first come home from being out somewhere (though she'll also try to jump up to the table while we're eating sometimes, but she'll usually stop that after a while... and she'll jump up to the counters to, er, investigate for food). I realize this behavior is typical of TWC's, but even at only 36lbs or so, she's pretty strong and can almost knock us over, lol. I try to ignore her - I'll stand still, look away and cross my arms and she'll stop, but then she'll start barking at me.

As for the mouthing, she doesn't do it *all* the time, again only when she's in a really playful mood. But it hurts sometimes. She did it more often when she was younger so I figured it was just a very young puppy thing. But isn't she a little too old to keep doing that at 1 yr old? We tell her firmly "No" or we'll shake a can with coins in it that usually startles her and makes her stop, but if she's still in that playful mood she'll go right back to it. I have quite a few toys for her and sometimes she'll bring one to me to play with her. I don't know if she's getting bored with them, though, and I need something else to keep that coonhound brain happy. Any ideas?

I'm considering looking for a trainer. Any tips in the meantime? Thanks. She really is a sweet dog - just tired of the mouthing and jumping when she's in that mood.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abby, Nov 15 10:51 am

American Foxhound > Probably American Foxhound ... anything else?

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 5:48pm PST 
Haha, I think you're right! Abby is afraid of the gate we have across the stairway (we put it there sometimes because she likes to go up there when we're not around, open our doors and go through stuff!). Whenever anyone is going down the stairs and is near the gate, she hides.

Thanks so much! She did great. I took her for a nice walk afterwards and she had a birthday cupcake (yellow cake with orange icing) after dinner! I put up a couple new photos of her on her page from today: one of her at the table looking for more cupcakes, and the other modeling her nice new sweater. Been chilly here the past few days! She gets cold easily and curls up into a ball when she's on the couch with us. I have a knitted afghan that she loves to be covered with.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 10:12am PST 
Cool! I love the new pics! The second-to-last one? Awwww, she looks so much like Abby in the face smile Abby is going for her 1 year old checkup in a couple of weeks. Last time we had her to the vet she was about 38 lbs. She's probably around 40 now. It's hard to measure her, she gets pretty skittish of the tape measure, lol. But last time I tried, she was around 17-18 inches at the shoulder. I guess that's the beagle influence, or one of her parents was just a runt of the litter wink
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 7:05pm PST 
Your Cider is just adorable!! I agree, there is definitely a resemblance there smile I broke down and had a DNA test done for Abby... came back Treeing Walker Coonhound, Beagle and Greyhound. Not sure I believe that last one and quite a few people think she's an American Foxhound. I wouldn't doubt she's got some Am Foxhound in her.

BTW, thanks for friending us! smile

Edit: I would love to see some newer photos of her if possible too!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Hi
Abby

Energizer Bunny

Barked: Thu May 24, '12 11:57am PST 
Welcome! welcome I'm fairly new here myself and also looking for doggie friends. You are adorable, Regan!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Abby, May 24 11:57 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.