Postings by Shay

GO!

Bullmastiff > Learning about the breed

Shay

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 2:29am PST 
Hi everyone! I have wanted a bullmastiff for years now. (I still may have to wait for a while longer) I just wanted to start doing my research, and I figured asking people that deal with the breed everyday would be the best form of learning.

I currently have a female shih tzu and a cat and my son is 18 mo. old. I have a fenced yard (however it is only 4 ft. tall). I thought that I wanted a female but have heard that I should get a male because my current dog is a female... is this always true even if I got a bullmastiff as a pup. Would you recommend that I wait until my son is older? I would actually LOVE to rescue and am in no particular rush, however the safety of my son is #1 and I am a little leery of such a big dog if I don't know their background (not that I would ever leave him with the dog unattended either way). I hope this is making sense, I look forward to chatting with everyone and gaining new insight into this breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BRUNO, Nov 3 7:58 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.