Postings by Emma

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > FrontLine Plus Not working Anymore?
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 5:10am PST 
Emma has been one frontline Plus since she was a puppy, i will admit two months ago i forgot to give it to her on time so she got it 3 days late, but since then i have ben finding adult fleas on her and what i think is flea dirt. I don't know what to do, is the product no longer working? Was three day late enough to trigger a huge infestation?

Anyway, i would appreciate some suggestion and also would appreciate anyone that knows of a better product, i would prefer to switch to an oral pill, but they all seem to only either kill adult fleas or flea eggs not both, which seems counter productive to me and i don't want to have to give her two medicines since i don't like over medication.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scout, Apr 19 12:47 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Dogster Magazine: Should Fenced-In Yards Be a Requirement for Dog Adopters?
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '12 8:25am PST 
I'm so glad Dogster posted this article! My boyfriend and I likely would have adopted a dog if it wasn't for restrictions on fencing and apartments. While we don't have a fenced yard our dog has a great life with a long walk everyday and a trip to the dog park everyday. Additionally, she goes to daycare one day a week for socialization because she loves it and she has been in a training class of some sort one day a week ever since she was 12 weeks old. If rescues really cared about saving dogs lives they would be less picky about finding the perfect home and would be more willing to work with potential adopters.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Seela, Aug 21 7:38 am

Sports & Agility > Looking for some information about competing in Rally or Obedience

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 5:22pm PST 
Thank you for your responses, they were both very helpful.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Maggie NAC WV-N TN-N CTL-3 RE , Nov 30 7:20 pm

Sports & Agility > Looking for some information about competing in Rally or Obedience

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 1:26pm PST 
Emma has been doing very well in her obedience classes and our trainer off handedly said that i should seriously think about doing rally with her.

The more i think about it the more i'm excited about the idea, after all i love training her and she loves learning too, so it is a win win. The only thing holding me back is i know almost nothing about either competition and i'm not sure how I should go about getting started in a dog sport.

I will of course talk to her trainer some more at our next class but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good books or websites to learn about what we would have to do to compete?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Maggie NAC WV-N TN-N CTL-3 RE , Nov 30 7:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Help finding the right dog for me

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Sat Mar 24, '12 11:40am PST 
I don't know how much grooming is to much for you, but from your list a English Springer Spaniel or one of the other smaller spaniels might be a good fit. I live in an apartment and Emma gets a walk or an hour at the dog park each day, followed with fetch inside and does perfectly fine in an apartment. Oh and she loves swimming at the beach, in fact or problem is keeping her out of the water when it is to cold. After a half hour swim she will sleep for the rest of the day, the beach is great dog exercise and truly enjoyed.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 7:51 pm

Puppy Place > Harlow Newest Member of The Family
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 7:31am PST 
It is never to early to lay a good foundation. Just don't expect to much to fast, remember he is a baby and it might take him awhile. We started working on having emma come to us at that age and she now has a really good recall, we also taught her to leave it right away which has come in handy.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Emma , Feb 9 7:31 am

Food & Nutrition > How to figure out cost per day?

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Wed Feb 8, '12 4:22pm PST 
I used this Calculator when i was comparing foods.

http://www.goldendoodles.com/care/food_calculator.htm
might have to remove spaces, if it doesn't work for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kloppers, Feb 9 9:57 am

Puppy Place > My puppy the street sweeper

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 7:37am PST 
Emma loves wood chips too! We also taught leave it very early, in order to protect her outside, since she will eat anything, that is on the ground. Her specialty is finding gum that neighbors toss into the wood chips.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Ares, Feb 7 8:44 am

Puppy Place > Is this wrong?

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Thu Feb 2, '12 1:23pm PST 
I don't think sleeping in the bed will be a problem as long as you also do crate training. You need to make the crate a good place, most people do this by hiding food in the crate giving kongs in the crate or feeding in the crate gradually increasing the time that the puppy is locked in the crate each time. My pup loves her crate and will actually choice to sleep in there over the coach during the day.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Grace, Feb 18 10:09 am

Puppy Place > House training.
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 1:56pm PST 
Are you giving him treats when he does pee out side?

You need to reinforce the behavior that you like by saying "good potty" or whatever phrase you plan on using when he is popping or peeing outside and then give a treat. This way he will want to go potty when you tell him to outside because he will get a treat. Some people even use a special high value treat for potty training, like hot dog.

I also think that you need to take him outside more often when we started potty training we used the twenty minute rule, which is take the puppy out twenty minutes after everything they do like eating, drinking or playing and immediately after waking up from a nap.

You also need to stop the puppy from going in the house he will never learn not to go in the house if he is allowed to do it. So you need to either crate him after he doesn't go outside or you need to tether him to you so you are always aware of what he is doing, so you can see the signs that he needs to go out, for instance sniffing, whining, or making circles.

If you go with the crate method the way it works is that if the puppy does not go within 10 minuets of being outside, then you take them back in and put them in their crate wait 15 minutes and then immediately take them back out to go potty. When they do go you praise them and then the puppy gets free supervised play time.

As for liking the crate the most often used suggestions are to hide treats in it, to feed your puppy in it, or to throw treats in their so the puppy goes in and shut the door for increasing periods of time. My pup was not a fan of the crate at night for the first week but now she loves it and will go in on her own when she thinks we should go to bed, sometimes it just takes time. Best of Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 7:56 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.