Postings by Brutus

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Miniature Pinscher > Is your minpin friendly to strangers?
Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:16pm PST 
Brutus generally barks for hours when we have guests. He seems to love my brother's girlfriend, though. Everyone else he will bark at.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sassy, Mar 23 10:22 am

Miniature Pinscher > Potty Training
Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:15pm PST 
Brutus was 4 when we got him, and for a year now we've worked on housebreaking. It just doesn't click--if we leave him out of his crate at night, he will relieve himself on the carpet (never the hardwood!). Thinking about litter box training.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brutus, Jan 17 3:15 pm

Miniature Pinscher > Licking?

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:12pm PST 
Oh God Brutus does this too! I have to wear earplugs at night to drown it out!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brutus, Jan 17 3:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Min Pin from Suburb to Condo

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:13pm PST 
My five year old Min Pin Brutus is moving to a condo with me and my mom (parents just divorced and we can't afford our house in the suburbs). Problem is, he has an issue with barking at night (he hates his crate, but he's not housetrained well enough to sleep in my bed) and he barks fiercely at anyone who visits. Also, there is the housebreaking issue. Our condo will be on the bottom floor with direct access to a small stretch of grass and trees, so we can take him out on a leash easily, but he doesn't "go" on a leash. While I'm at school, I want to make sure my mom can leave him home without being in his crate if she has to go out for a while. A friend of mine is offering to help, but I would just like any advice you guys have?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smokey, Jan 18 12:42 pm

Dog Health > Shaking and hiccups

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 1:52pm PST 
My Min Pin Brutus is a ten-pound sweetheart and we've always wondered why he shakes. Sometimes we figure it's from being cold, like after a bath, but other times it will be totally random when we're just sitting on the couch and I'm petting him. Also, do dogs get hiccups? I swear he does after eating sometimes--though usually he just farts (and, by extension, clears the room).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brutus, Feb 22 1:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Barking at night?? Help!
Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 8:23am PST 
My family's Min Pin Brutus has given us very little trouble (except he's still not exactly house trained, but he hasn't had many accidents). He was even quiet in his crate after about a week. But all of a sudden, he's started barking at night--sometimes till midnight or one till one of us gets frustrated and puts him outside. It's getting cold, so he really doesn't need to spend his nights outside anymore, and we all could use more sleep. Why might he be doing this, and how can we fix it??

EDIT 1/12 5:30PM: Also, he barks at people who come to visit, like when we had family over at Christmas. That I know for pretty sure was a territorial thing, but how do we stop it?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Turner - Gone Too Soon, Jan 15 4:43 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Curious about traveling abroad w/ SD? And something unrelated.

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 2:58pm PST 
Very hypothetical question, as my traveling will be years off and I don't have an SD yet. But I'm very curious! What kind of legislation do other countries (England, France, Germany, and Austria specifically) have regarding service dogs? Do they have the same access privileges as in the US? And do they consider owner-trained dogs to be legitimate?

Just wondering!

PS. I have a completely unrelated question but it's quick: Do poodles and South Carolina heat/humidity clash? I'm hoping for a poodle if I ever get an SD and I'm hoping they won't burn to death.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by UKC ALCH Coleman SD, Jan 10 4:08 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Incredible blessing!

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '11 7:01pm PST 
My family recently brought our 4 year old min pin inside. My mom was also recently diagnosed with diabetes and takes a lot of medication for various things. She's been having spells the past couple days (she's headed to the hospital right now) of feeling like she can't catch a breath, inability to talk coherently, feeling tingly and unable to lift her limbs or head. Brutus has been noticing! He followed her around all day yesterday, almost tripped her by walking between her legs, and barked incessently at her very soon before she felt sick. Right now he's whining in his crate because he still senses it. So incredible! When she started today he jumped up in her lap and looked her up and down, crawled all over her, etc. Maybe I can convince her that it would be good for her to have a service dog, especially when me and my brother move out and when my Dad's at work. I don't feel like she'd be safe by herself.

Anyway, just wanted to share that! So stunned by little Bru's apparent alerting skills!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Dec 9 7:35 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Research to bring to therapist/psychiatrist

Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 2:46pm PST 
My therapist wants me to bring in some printed research about PSDs. I referred her to psychdog.org and intend to print the task list and highlight appropriate tasks. Any suggestions of good resources?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ollivander, Dec 3 9:46 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > That dog stank that never goes away
Brutus

Napoleon Complex

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 12:38pm PST 
So my family recently brought our min pin ino the house, and despite appropriately frequent baths and waive-downs everytime he comes inside from playing or pottying, my (slightly germaphobic) mother insists that he smells "like a Cheeto". What can we do to bring down little Brutus' stink?
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Bailey, Feb 1 7:49 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.