GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Considering adopting....
Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:39am PST 
Im doing more research as you have all instructed. Right now im going to work on learning about each piece of the breed and the standards begging witht he head then ears eyes muzzle then move to the body structure etc....
THE APBT IS no more A HEAD BREED than any other.
RULE #1
The APBT IS A COMPLETE TOTAL AND BALANCED DOG!- HEAD structure is important but not overwhelmingly so! A massive skull has a negative impact on a breed because of the added weight without proportionate increase in strength.
RULE #2

In actual practice, a dog with a small head with proper structural mechanics, has the advantage and should be preferred to a dog with a massive head that does not fulfill all of the structural requirements.
RULE #3
Bitches with overly doggy heads should not be considered

Males with overly bitchy heads should not be considered
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 6:31am PST 
@ Nare and person who responded below Nare you both seem knowledgeable and more experienced i would appreciate it if you both would inbox me to help me succeed with this i would really appreciate it and to also help me with what steps i need to do.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 6:38pm PST 
@Tiller i havent spoken to a breeder to mentor me through this i will most likely get the female first and purchase the male second. The kennel i am getting the puppy from does test their dogs ans keeps intouch with owners of their dogs offspring and will mentor you they even encourage you to go to them for training and what not. I do love dogs very much this is my favorite breed i do plan on improving the breed threw showing training sports etc... and these puppies will not go to just any one i will have aapplication people will have to fill out but i rather have the puppies go to other well known and grea quality kennels.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 3:11pm PST 
@ Nare thats what ive always known them as and refer them to ? confused and i do know about breeding lol i wouldnt get involved with it if i didnt know anything. And i will still get the pit from gotti bloodlines and the pit from the shelter just needa see how the lady is.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:42am PST 
I am getting a pitbull puppy real soon . But the thing is i am originaly going to go get a Gotti line pit and i knew this lady who was willing to give me a Red Nosed pit from her shelter. The reasons i want the Gotti line pit puppy is because for one i am going to start my own blood line and that dog he will be the very first dog to help start it. Two they are bigger then most pits and size and have very very good health. And three they are there to help you handle the dog if it becomes having behavioral problems you can contact them and they will help you train the puppy and fix the problem. But im thinking when i get the Gotti line pit puppy. Maybe i could also get a puppy from that women's rescue/shelter but not to involve that shelter puppy in the bloodlines i am going to build. I will keep her as a family dog and put her in a sport like agility and showing. The Gotti pit will be put in training and sports and showing etc... But i have had bad experiences with dogs i have adopted in the past 2 they were awful i tried to work with their problems and correct them and just couldnt even had a trainer working with them. So i dont know if i should even bother getting a second pit puppy for that shelter because i dont know what i will be dealing with and dont want my Gotti pit to pick up bad habbits while they are both in training. Its happend before with a dog i adopted Buddy started to pick up its habbits so instead of dealing with that one dog we had to work on fixing the both of them which was very difficult.
Opinions on how i should handle this for if i do get the shelter puppy while having the Gotti pitbull.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 28 4:54 pm

Behavior & Training > Does not want to listen to command.
Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 7:50am PST 
Buddy knows the simple commands like sit,come& stay he also knows shake with both paws and high five with his left paw i think he will use his right paw occasionaly too. Anyways i am trying to teach him more commands and before that i would like him to learn lay before we move onto harder stuff like roll over and speak on command. The problem is i think he has a pretty good idea of what lay means he will hesitate when i ask him to do it. Or he will take his time to do it. How do i get him to be more obedient hes 3 years old and can still have moments were he is rebellious. Any advice on how to keep his attention also i do work with treats but those can become a problem because he will ignore what i say and will get closer and closer to me. I will say the magic word off which means he has to get away. But he just drools and will get closer again. Hes not a bad dog he listens for the most part i just think when it comes to learning stuff he wants to do it his way hes pretty thick headed and stubborn. He is in training with Sit Means Sit. He has his personal trainer he works with.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 14 10:27 am

Dog Health > Hes just now getting chapped paw pads.

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 12:57pm PST 
I will do that tonight! Thank you dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sparkles, Nov 14 8:44 am

Dog Health > Hes just now getting chapped paw pads.

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 12:10pm PST 
This is for Buddy he is just recently getting chapped paws how do i fix this and get them to how they use to be? And also i was woundering how and why do dogs get this?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sparkles, Nov 14 8:44 am

Dogster Crushes > Single and ready to meet new pups

Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 7:31am PST 
Update Pablo, Penny & Dro are also single
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 7:31 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Buddy

Unforgettable

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:47am PST 
Thank you smile how are you today?
[notify]
» There has since been 3295 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Today 2:29 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.